PEMCO Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 1, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It took 2 weeks to receive the contact from the recruiter There is one onsite interview after phone interview. They focus on SQL and OOP/C# materials. Phone screen is about OOP and Javascript questions.

Interview Questions

• what tabs does the browser inspection element panel have ?   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

The progress is really slow. I applied online on Feb 2016 and got into the final round on May, 2016. They will give you an expected date for the result but it always take at least one more week. The questions they asked are all behavior questions, which are not very difficult. There are three rounds and each round will be 30 mins.

Talent AManger- Learing & Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Overall a very positive experience. Phone screen within 48 hrs; Interview with HR; Office tour; Interview with Hiring Manager; Panel interview with team; Interview with peers; reference and background checking; offer within 2 weeks. Am loving my new job at PEMCO!

Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance (Spokane, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application online and was contacted by the recuiter about a week later to set up a phone interview. We arranged a time that worked for both of us. She conducted a phone interview that lasted about 1/2 hour. The interview went quite well. I felt like we both connected. Unfortunately, I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Did you multiple computer screens in your last position?   1 Answer

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

First phone interview that lasted for 30 mins. Later on I got an on-site interview request and went to the office and had 2 hrs' interview. The hiring manager and the senior business analyst manager interviewed me. They were both really nice and friendly. They also asked me about my technical skills and education background. They showed me around the company after the interview.

Interview Questions

• /Describe a time when you met with difficulty and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Software Developer - UI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview started with talking to someone from the business department who gave an introduction to what it's like to work there. That was followed by an interview by two senior developers (at the same time). Then you go downstairs to the room where all the developers sit (ONE room with tables and computers next to each other - no walls). Then you sit at a table with a projector and run through some simple SQL and Visual studio tasks (write a query to show X, find the bug in Y) with 3 or 4 devs watching you. It was very different from every other interview I've had..

Then you meet the dev manager and he asks you soft skill questions (biggest weakness etc). No data structure or algorithm problems in my interview.

Interview Questions

• What question should I have asked?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance.

Interview

Expect a group interview and a long follow up process.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked a pretty personal question regarding my temperament which was inappropriate in a group context.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tried negotiating additional vacation days, got a few but less than requested. The salary was good so didn't worry too much.

Technical Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call two days later to set up a webcam interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and was with the HR Manager and a Technical Supervisor. Mixture of behavioral and technical questions. I was unsure of one of the technical questions, so I instead walked them through my logic of how I got to my answer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. The usual; "What is your greatest strength/weakness", explain this concept to me, "Why this company" etc.   Answer Question

Received an offer from a bigger company with more pay and a more interesting project.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus website in February. Received an email for a phone screen where I spoke with an HR manager for 30 minutes. Discussed the position and my resume, as well as some behavioral questions. Pay details were discussed in the phone screen, which was a very low potential offer. I had not received any other offers yet, so I decided to continue with the interview process. Interviewed with 4 people for 45 minutes to an hour a week later via Skype. Two of the interviewers were Project Managers who were hiring one intern each for their teams. One was a software developer for one of the teams. The other interviewer was the HR manager who had spoken to me during the phone screen. The interview was a mix between behavioral and technical questions. The questions weren't hard at all, but I made a small mistake on my solution. The software developer walked through my solution with me, paying attention to my debugging and problem solving techniques. Make sure to practice verbalizing your logic, as with any technical interview.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were standard - if not easier than other technical interviews I've had. Practice writing code without a compiler, and practice verbalizing your logic.   Answer Question

I received another offer, which was nearly double what PEMCO offered me. For the cost of parking and traffic in downtown Seattle, the offer was not enough.

Network Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PEMCO Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Casual interview process. First a phone screening with HR. Then a meeting with managers. I interviewed with two managers and a person on a team. Very easy and layback. Typical questions for a college student. Most behavioral and future goal questions