PENFED Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PENFED Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2018

2.4

Physical Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in January 2017.

Interview

Sent a resume and was contacted to submit a formal application. Had an interview 3 days later. Job was mysteriously closed with no further explanation. Had great communication with the recruiter out of OR.

Interview Questions

• What physical security experience do you think would benefit you the most with PenFed?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in January 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was simple at the time. This was prior to being bought out by the credit union.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online and heard back in a couple weeks. Had a phone interview with the HR on current skills and interests. I got a response back from them in less than a week.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I applied on indeed and received a phone call within a couple of days. Had a phone interview with HR which wasn't too long. Went in for a second interview in person with the branch manager. Then was called in again for another interview with the assistant branch manager and branch manager.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

At outset: both credit union managers on one side, you on the other. Start off by requesting details of past work history, and accomplishments -- to gauge future work path and ambition. Follow thereafter with personality and pressure questions of how to handle and resolve certain situations but real and imagined. Pretty straightforward. just make to make pauses in-between and not give so many definitive or one-word replies.

Interview Questions

• A time you went out of your way to help a customer that otherwise would have seemed impossible with an established/existing policy in place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not bother to negotiate since first financial institution job. But there are usually room for negotiation (75% of the time at least).

Solutions Architect Interview

Interview

the interview process is smooth and easy. A phone screening after phone screen, a face to face interview. Overall it was good feeling The interview focused more of scenario based and based on your experiences. The focus on how practically you solve the problems in different scenarios. should be able to analyze problems and provide solutions. And also lots of white boarding.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (McLean, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter then did an hour long phone interview with hiring manager. In-person interview was set up to do an interview with 4 people. Interview scheduled from 9-1 on a Monday. Hiring manager was late in escorting me to interview room and informed me that one person did not show up that day so I interviewed with three people instead. She was the first to interview and asked questions about my resume again, same questions we discussed over the phone but ended with questions she knew the answer to like prior banking experience although my resume is clearly in front of her. Second interviewer was late so third interviewer came in his place. He was very nice and the only one to give me his card. Third interviewer was still late so we started our interview over the phone as he was on his way into the office then finished once he arrived in person. After the interview, the hiring manager showed me around the building but her mood was very different. I knew I wasn't getting hired. Wasted money I couldn't afford to spend going all the way out there for nothing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would respond to case study and also how I would write SQL code using a table to obtain certain results.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, this was followed by a telephone pre-screen with the recruiter, a telephone interview with the hiring manager, an in-person interview with the hiring manager, another interview with a panel of 4, followed by yet another panel of 2.

The entire process was a bit uphill but I was very much interested on the position and felt highly qualified. Getting things started took quite a lot of effort as the recruiter called an inconvenient time and only left a telephone number to call back (no email to set up an appointment). The telephone line was never answered and did not have a voice mail box. In spite of this, I persisted and moved forward in the process.

After two phone interviews and three in-person meetings with different people (including first a panel of 4 and then a panel of 2), no offer was made. While I can most certainly accept the decision, all I received was an automated message from their applicant tracking system.

Given the amount of time and effort put by both the employer and the job seeker, a "live" telephone call would have been appropriate and very much deserved. A candidate that went so far into their recruitment process should at least walk away with valuable feedback as opposed to frustrated and empty-handed.

We are HR and know better. We deserve better. We (as a profession) must do better!

Interview Questions

• Describe your thought process when setting up an HR system to handle position control.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Interview

Do not trust PenFed! They made me a verbal offer and after successful negotiating salary and terms, they rescinded the offer with no reasonable explanation. In fact, the hiring manager whom I had negotiated with would not even call back to explain what had happened. What a waste of time and effort!

Operations Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Arlington, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was not bad at all. If you have been in a managerial role before then none of the questions should be a suprise. Everyone is professional an timely with responses. Anytime I need to get ahold of the recruiter she would respond quickly.