PENFED Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.2

Credit Card Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online , heard back through email in a week consenting to do a credit check, then got email to set up interview with the hiring manager and credit card rep manager for a time that was convenient for me. Then the next day got a phone call getting my offered the position,I accepted and started within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to explain a complex explanation to a customer who is already angry ?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your judgment ,dependability,and reliability .   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online and heard back in a couple weeks. Had a phone interview with the HR on current skills and interests. I got a response back from them in less than a week.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I applied on indeed and received a phone call within a couple of days. Had a phone interview with HR which wasn't too long. Went in for a second interview in person with the branch manager. Then was called in again for another interview with the assistant branch manager and branch manager.

Avaya Telecom Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Alexandria, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the agency, then interviewed with the another company that handles the PenFed account, that went very well, was denied interview with Pen FED because of credit report. Very qualified, that did not matter.

Interview Questions

• If I would mine working in another state   1 Answer
    • and informed me of a credit check, finger printing and back ground check , no problem   3 Answers

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (McLean, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, this was followed by a telephone pre-screen with the recruiter, a telephone interview with the hiring manager, an in-person interview with the hiring manager, another interview with a panel of 4, followed by yet another panel of 2.

The entire process was a bit uphill but I was very much interested on the position and felt highly qualified. Getting things started took quite a lot of effort as the recruiter called an inconvenient time and only left a telephone number to call back (no email to set up an appointment). The telephone line was never answered and did not have a voice mail box. In spite of this, I persisted and moved forward in the process.

After two phone interviews and three in-person meetings with different people (including first a panel of 4 and then a panel of 2), no offer was made. While I can most certainly accept the decision, all I received was an automated message from their applicant tracking system.

Given the amount of time and effort put by both the employer and the job seeker, a "live" telephone call would have been appropriate and very much deserved. A candidate that went so far into their recruitment process should at least walk away with valuable feedback as opposed to frustrated and empty-handed.

We are HR and know better. We deserve better. We (as a profession) must do better!

Interview Questions

• Describe your thought process when setting up an HR system to handle position control.   Answer Question

Msr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Omaha, NE) in February 2017.

Interview

applied on line, never heard from them, called in-very difficult to get someone to return my call, finally got called back after several tries, did phone and in person interview. Offered job, declined, they were too slow and found better job in the middle.

Physical Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in January 2017.

Interview

Sent a resume and was contacted to submit a formal application. Had an interview 3 days later. Job was mysteriously closed with no further explanation. Had great communication with the recruiter out of OR.

Interview Questions

• What physical security experience do you think would benefit you the most with PenFed?   Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was a panel type that was pretty easy going, have to have at least moderate credit rating. They ask for you to have at least associate but most people in this position do not have one.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email invitation to complete second step. I was contacted by a recruiter, who didn't ask any experience questions, just what was my salary range. Informed salary is 27k and non-negotiable (way lower than market value). Decline offer on spot. Waste of time, I submitted my salary requirements on online application.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Interview

Do not trust PenFed! They made me a verbal offer and after successful negotiating salary and terms, they rescinded the offer with no reasonable explanation. In fact, the hiring manager whom I had negotiated with would not even call back to explain what had happened. What a waste of time and effort!