PENFED Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.3

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I applied on indeed and received a phone call within a couple of days. Had a phone interview with HR which wasn't too long. Went in for a second interview in person with the branch manager. Then was called in again for another interview with the assistant branch manager and branch manager.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was a panel type that was pretty easy going, have to have at least moderate credit rating. They ask for you to have at least associate but most people in this position do not have one.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email invitation to complete second step. I was contacted by a recruiter, who didn't ask any experience questions, just what was my salary range. Informed salary is 27k and non-negotiable (way lower than market value). Decline offer on spot. Waste of time, I submitted my salary requirements on online application.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Interview

Do not trust PenFed! They made me a verbal offer and after successful negotiating salary and terms, they rescinded the offer with no reasonable explanation. In fact, the hiring manager whom I had negotiated with would not even call back to explain what had happened. What a waste of time and effort!

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Alexandria, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and simple. I appeared for two interviews, both technical. They were friendly and vivid in their goals and their expectations from the employee. It is a fast growing company and is doing many enhancements for the fast-paced growth.

Interview Questions

• I was checked on my ability as a programmer to enhance current applications using the latest technology.   1 Answer

Mortgage Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very quick, 3 interviews over 3 days and received a offer on day 4. Standard questions, all over the phone. First interviews are with a staffing firm, 3rd with hiring managers.

Interview Questions

Pay is far below what is typical. What is the point of asking for an acceptable range of you are going to lowball? Low balling in this market will only get subpar employees.

Mortgage Servicing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in September 2015.

Interview

Getting in touch with the recruiter was difficult at first, once we scheduled interviews in office everything went smoothly, I was able to schedule a meeting with management. Sat in office/over phone with managment team and shortly after received a call from recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding my experiences, future goals, and expectations of employment.   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Crazy. They were sending emails to the wrong account. Then wanted me to first level interview on a Saturday and complete an application before Monday to be interviewed by Tuesday by the Hiring Manager I completed the application and credit check. I was told that every thing was fine on Monday and would have another interview on Tuesday. The never happened. I finally called on Thursday with no answer only to be sent an email that I do not have the skills for the position. I have 22 years of required skills.

Interview Questions

• Can we interview you immediately?   1 Answer

Morgage Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in January 2015.

Interview

fine. went to interview. told them I worked in branch previously and they hired me. Was a very easy process. Soon to discover that it was more bodies they needed rather than experience

Interview Questions

• Where were you previously employed. What experience to you have with mortgages   Answer Question

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

At outset: both credit union managers on one side, you on the other. Start off by requesting details of past work history, and accomplishments -- to gauge future work path and ambition. Follow thereafter with personality and pressure questions of how to handle and resolve certain situations but real and imagined. Pretty straightforward. just make to make pauses in-between and not give so many definitive or one-word replies.

Interview Questions

• A time you went out of your way to help a customer that otherwise would have seemed impossible with an established/existing policy in place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not bother to negotiate since first financial institution job. But there are usually room for negotiation (75% of the time at least).