PENFED Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PENFED Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2018

2.4

Physical Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in January 2017.

Interview

Sent a resume and was contacted to submit a formal application. Had an interview 3 days later. Job was mysteriously closed with no further explanation. Had great communication with the recruiter out of OR.

Interview Questions

• What physical security experience do you think would benefit you the most with PenFed?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union.

Interview

Very straightforward and respectful process. Understood that I was working and had difficulty with scheduling. Really impressed by the process. One phone interview and an in person. They were really straightforward and honest.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in January 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was simple at the time. This was prior to being bought out by the credit union.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online and heard back in a couple weeks. Had a phone interview with the HR on current skills and interests. I got a response back from them in less than a week.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very quick to get back with decision. They were very accommodating as well in terms of being able to interview over video and in terms of being flexible with your schedule

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was straight forward. There was a phone screen asking about what my interest were career wise. There was a second round interview where we went over my resume and leadership skills. About 2 weeks later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• This is a behavioral interview. We went over my resume and asks be to go into detail about my experiences.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union in January 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty simple, it was more so telling me about the company, and what roles they would have for me once I got on board. It took about 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

PENFED Credit Union Response

Oct 29, 2018 – University Relations and Campus Recruit Lead

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your input on our interview process.

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (McLean, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

Several back and forth interactions. The manager felt I was too experienced for the role, then called me back for another round (after 2) because they changed their mind. Everything was great except for the design challenge. Probably the worse ever. No clear direction, but gave you an outdated wireframe to start. Once again, no true direction. I designed based on that wireframe (as the position was for UI and not UX), because I was unsure of what they were testing for. Did they want me to come up with my own design (this would've forced me to recreate the wireframe) or Design based off the wireframe (which was the safer bet)? I chose the safer bet, and even though I made a major improvement to what they already had, I didn't receive the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your background and how did you get to where you are today?   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Woodbridge, VA).

Interview

I applied on indeed and received a phone call within a couple of days. Had a phone interview with HR which wasn't too long. Went in for a second interview in person with the branch manager. Then was called in again for another interview with the assistant branch manager and branch manager.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PENFED Credit Union (Alexandria, VA).

Interview

At outset: both credit union managers on one side, you on the other. Start off by requesting details of past work history, and accomplishments -- to gauge future work path and ambition. Follow thereafter with personality and pressure questions of how to handle and resolve certain situations but real and imagined. Pretty straightforward. just make to make pauses in-between and not give so many definitive or one-word replies.

Interview Questions

• A time you went out of your way to help a customer that otherwise would have seemed impossible with an established/existing policy in place.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not bother to negotiate since first financial institution job. But there are usually room for negotiation (75% of the time at least).