Pacifica Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.2

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kailua Kona, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels (Kailua Kona, HI).

Interview

This was a Pre sceen via phone . I was put off by the inteview. This was for an executive position and the recruiter acted is if I was an unskilled candidate based on her demeanor over the phone.She was very condescending. She represents the company and it left a very negative impression with me. I am hesitant to ever apply with them again.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels.

Interview

Sat and did a Q&A with a couple of regional managers. It was brief and informal as I was a previous employee. It wasn't difficult at all.I was offered a position beneath where I wanted to be so I declined.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels.

Interview

Applied through Craigslist. I was then contacted through e-mail for an in-person interview. We went over my resume and a bit of the company's background. I asked them questions on the company's growth and general direction. The controller was friendly and the interview was pretty informal (it was done in the kitchen area). Declined a second round interview with the manager as the pay was less than adequate.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels (Marina del Rey, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was transferred from housekeeping to work for front Desk. Was asked a few questions about why I would be a good fit at the front desk and got an offer the next week.

Restaurant Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels (Marina del Rey, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Took 3-4 hours to be completed with the interview. I showed up on time to my interview and I was made to wait 1.5 hours before they would even see me.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes the biggest impact upon the guests perception of service.   Answer Question

Guest Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambria, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels (Cambria, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well and was easy. I found the interviewer to be easy to talk to and made me very comfortable. I was offered the job right after the interview was completed. I was very excited to start. I was told that advanced was easy and occurred often. I was also told that the company prefers to promote from within. I was told a very detail description of what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy and there was no real nogotiation

Executive Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hermosa Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels (Hermosa Beach, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

First time I had to get to be interviewed by all dpt managers,some of them had no ideas of what to ask. After I figured it out that it was just to make sure I knew what I was doing for them not to have to work or help too much

Interview Questions

• Did you work in hotel before? ;)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I've been advise to ask for a minimum of amount by another gm from the company which that what I was making for Marriott but the actual gm couldn't or wouldn't go to this number which that's what we talk first and after I saw the offer it was even lower

Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very brief phone screening and in-person interview with all three directors. Great company with really positive people and a much more casual atmosphere than expected. Company appears to have some old vs. new and authority complications typical of family-run businesses.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or non-traditional questions. Primary focus on work history and rapport.   Answer Question

Some significant discrepancy between the directors as far as what the job entailed.

Guest Service Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels in May 2013.

Interview

Applied on company website, called in a week and set up phone interview. was called back for a 1 on 1, waited a week but did not hear back for a week. I made contact via phone but the job was filled

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Catering Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kailua Kona, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacifica Hotels (Kailua Kona, HI) in April 2013.

Interview

Friendly, detailed regarding my previous experience and the daily/weekly tasks of the position were discussed. Salary and benefits were provided. This was the first interview. I then met with the GM and Director of Food & Beverage.