Paladin Security Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paladin Security Group Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.2

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for this job online through indeed.com received a call for an interview an hour or so later. When I arrived for my interview the next day I had to complete a simple english test, and situational section as well. Had one interview with the branch manager and another woman. Many questions were asked, most being situational questions. No job offer was made.

Interview Questions

• previous work experience?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if you found a drunk hobo sleeping in a stairwell? what would you do if they didn't leave?   Answer Question
    • are you prepared to work in extreme cold/warm weather conditions?   Answer Question
    • do you have a security license?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if someone was becoming verbally abusive towards you?   Answer Question
    • would you be okay with vehicle/bag searches?   Answer Question
    • would you be okay working around drugs?   Answer Question
    • have you ever had an issue with another supervisor or co-worker? how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group.

Interview

Applied about 3 days prior to getting a phone call. The phone interview was short. Questions ranging from, previous work experience, availability. Was scheduled for an interview the next day. Went in to the head office downtown. Completed an easy English test. Went on to the in person interview.
    Started off with basic situational questions. What would you do if .....
    How would you react to ......
    If someone was aggressive towards you, you would......
    Then some questions on sec.494 and sec.25, of the criminal code . Then was asked to explain Trespass to Property Act.
    Overall really straightforward interview process, don't stress about it .

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was casual in the main office. The questions were directed but seemed like a formality because most of the information would be covered in the training. So it was more screening for level headed people with no bias.

Interview Questions

• What is your response to a bomb threat?   1 Answer
    • Who is your closest friend and why?   1 Answer

Temporary Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The in person interview was standard, they asked questions about previous jobs, behavioural and situational questions. Both of the interviewers were friendly and answered all of my questions. The whole environment was very unprofessional since they left the radio on during the whole interview and it was playing the top hits. On top of that one of the interviewer kept answering her texts and even picked up a phone call in the middle of the meeting; apparently it was from her manager. They stressed that the work environment is fairly casual, but I would expect a more professional experience.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and procedural. It was quick and to the point. The interviewers were very welcoming and friendly, and they wanted you to get the job, as opposed to impeding you. They are great at conducting interviews for future employees.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to de-escalate a situation while alone on the workplace.   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

- Applied online on the website via their portal, which was pretty easy
    - Got their call within a week to schedule an interview
    - Was asked to write a general English quiz (about spellings and tenses) and a incident-report, when I arrived at the office
    - Interview involved questions related to different security scenarios
    - Was asked about duties at previous work
    - Was asked about shift availability
    - After I got the offer, was asked to complete three-day training classes at the Company's local office

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an aggressive person ?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a person who seems suspiciously roaming around at the place you are stationed at?   4 Answers
    • What would you do in case of an emergency?   3 Answers

Healthcare Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

was a longer process then most jobs. well structured. First was an over the phone interview then came the in person interview, you get interviewed by two different people. then you fill out a short question book then if you get hired you do a one week training course

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two Paladin supervisors in separate meeting room. Very professional. One of the interviewers suggested what I would be best suited for after a lengthy interview and some issues brought up on my part regarding scheduling. He was very helpful and said that he would keep an eye out for a position for me. Again, very professional !

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work any shift?   1 Answer
    • Where I lived and did I have any problems geting there   Answer Question

Aug 16, 2016 – Social Media Brand Ambassador

Thank you for the review!

Healthcare Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to their office for an interview via email. Mine took place on asp exist day; Hiring Fair day. I saw three different interviewers before I got the final go ahead to attend their Heakthcare training the next week.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were more like confirming what you had written down on your Resume and also confirming your readiness and commitment to the job.   1 Answer

Aug 16, 2016 – Social Media Brand Ambassador

Thank you for your review! We hope you are enjoying your role within the company!

Security Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paladin Security Group in March 2016.

Interview

It took me a week to get a job interview after applying for the job online. Everything went smooth.
    I had a job interview at the company. After passing the first one, I had another interview with different person. Then they gave me in-class training the following week.

Interview Questions

• What do know about paladin   1 Answer
    • How to deescalate a conflict   1 Answer

Mar 28, 2016 – Social Media Brand Ambassador

We are glad to hear you had a positive experience in your application process. Thank you for the feedback, have a great day!