Palomar Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.9

Pathmaker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palomar Health (San Diego, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online a month prior to the interview. Within a month, they notified me for an interview. The interview was in a MMI format. There were three performance based questions and three behavioral questions. Prior to the interview their was a workshop which I think was very helpful since they had a mock interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you tried to help someone in the face of resistance?   Answer Question

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Palomar Health (Escondido, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was easy but I worked with a staffing agency. The staffing agency connected me with the hiring manager even though I applied for the position. I was left on edge though as there was a contract issue with the agency the offer was delayed several weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked standard questions for my position. I interviewed with a 3 employees 1 being the supervisor and the remaining 2 members of the HR team.   1 Answer

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palomar Health.

Interview

The interviewer was very enthusiastic and impressed by my experience and background during the phone interview and wanted to bring me in right away for a personal interview. When she met me in person, she became disinterested and dismissive. If you're a female of a certain age, applying for a role in marketing or provider relations for which you are exceptionally qualified, good luck getting hired. I have applied for these types of roles at Palomar a few times over recent years but have never received an offer. They are clearly looking for a "type". A friend of mine who is employed there confirmed my suspicion. She said it's an unspoken policy.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Palomar Health (Escondido, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly informal. The manager picked a time that worked for us both and I went to the office to interview. There were several structured questions and several follow-up questions. Overall the interview was laid back.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a patient that didn't respond favorably to physical therapy, and what did you do?   Answer Question

Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palomar Health (Escondido, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical, behavior based HR Interview. Had a phone screen before flying to Escondido, CA for group interview. 3 45 minute group interviews. High turnover will work in your favor.

Interview Questions

• What Cerner experience do you have?

Name a time in which you had a negative experience with a RN/Dr and how you reacted?   Answer Question

Revenue Cycle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palomar Health (Escondido, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone only, few if any details volunteered, cold and impersonal. Just going through the motions, and even less detail of possibilities. Felt like they intended to hire within no matter what was said.

Pathmaker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palomar Health (Escondido, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview style is similar to a med school interview, a MMI format. They had several stations set up, some one on one, others were interactive to see how you would react in a health care setting.

Interview Questions

• A patient is asking you for water but they are NPO, what do you do?   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Palomar Health (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Went through a temp agency
    Needed one year of experience
    Needed to have insurance collections experience
    Needed to have contract experience
    Needed to know how to interpret matrixes
    Needed to know what an ATB was and how to use it
    Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel

Interview Questions

• How much experience I had in the following:
      Contracts
      Phone calls to insurance companies
      Computer skills   Answer Question
    • Wanted an example of handling a difficult account with an insurance representative   1 Answer

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palomar Health (Escondido, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I sat in a room with the manager and two therapists for about 15 minutes, they basically asked me a bunch of really random questions and the entire situation felt super unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of books I think to read.   1 Answer

PathmakerProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palomar Health (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Went in for an info session, followed by an interview and training process.The info session revolved around updating us on what we would need to do and know. The interview was a basic interview asking questions about why I wanted to take part in the program and similar such questions. I was unable to arrive on time and so did not participate in the training process.