Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2018

2.2

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Filled out application and received an on the spot interview. Very professional, asked service related questions. The interviewing manager had me describe my favorite meal and "sell" it to him. After the first interviewing manager completed their interview, the general manager did my second interview right after.

Interview Questions

• Do you have availability to work weekends and holidays.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Quick. I spoke with the floor manager then the gm. The gm and higher managers wont tell you who is who so be kind to everyone. I told him about my experiene and my life. He gave me the job on the spot

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Marietta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was very simple. I went in on a Tuesday and I filled out an application to be a busser. The interview was very friendly and I interviewed with one of the many managers they had. They didn`t have any busser positions open but I was asked to come back for the open food running position they had. I went back on Friday to have an interview with the GM and I accepted the job on the same day.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to solve a problem in the work place.   1 Answer

Everything But Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

They looked at the many jobs I had and if the last restaurant job wasn't or isn't on pappadeux level then they will kinda feel like you don't have enough kitchen expertise depending on the manager that hired you!!

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle the work load of this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I went in for an application on Friday, and they told me to come back in on Monday for an interview. I was first interviewed by a FOH (front of house) manager, and then she told me to wait so that she could check my references and interview with the General Manager. After interviewing with the GM, he offered me the job on the spot and I accepted.

Interview questions were all pretty basic. The only one that caught me off guard was to sell an entree item to them... (anything not just from there).

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Got the application at a job fair. You can go in for an initial interview from 2-5. I went in around 2:30 waited a little for the manager (maybe 5 minutes). We had a short interview where I was asked about my previous work and about communication. Why Pappadeaux etc. After I was told I'd get a call for a second interview if selected. Got the call later that day and interviewed the next morning with the General Manager. Questions about scheduling, why did I want to be a server, what kind of management style I liked. Then it was conversational. I was offered the job that day.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Richardson, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I visited Pappadeauxs and asked for an application and was asked to sit down and fill it out. Once I was finished, a manager greeted me and immediately began the interview. He was nice and asked several questions. (some more than once)

Interview Questions

• What do you believe your responsibilities as a hostess would be?   Answer Question
    • How are your grades?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe is the most important elements of being a good worker? How would you describe a good worker?   Answer Question

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I knew an Employee who worked there and so I applied as a walk in. It took about an hour and half before I was interviewed. The two managers who hired me ended up being my Hostess Managers for the new location that opened. They were very professional yet friendly. I was very comfortable around them. The actual interview took about 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards I was told that I would receive a call within 1 week. The office actually lost my application and I wasn't called for almost 3 weeks. I then interviewed with the GM and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would be one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What are you going to school for?   Answer Question
    • Do you think you can lift 25 to 50 lbs?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

i filled out an application that one of the hostesses gave me and then i waited about ten minuets and talked with a manager for about ten minuets about how i deal with stress confrontation and working with others and then we planned a second interview to talk with the general manager

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I showed up with application that I had already filled out there were several people waiting to be interviewed as well. The wait was really long and interview was really short.
    Interview with GM. He was really nice said he would call me by end of the week. He never called. I called the restaurant to see if I could speak to him and he was never available. Other than not getting the job it was a pretty fair interview and manager seemed to like me but never called me.