Par Pharmaceutical Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Ridge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies (Chestnut Ridge, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process for this position was very rushed. I went through three interview steps and very short notice was given for each. I got the strong feeling that the company cared more about getting an applicant who would work with their rushed timeline than in getting a candidate who was a good fit for the job. The final step that I completed was an interview that consisted of five different sessions with different people. This resulted in interviews that were not very in-depth or informative, since the questions in each session were basically repeats of questions from previous sessions. Before leaving this interview, I asked about next steps and was told to expect contact within a week. Three months later, I have not received any contact at all, and have not received the courtesy of a reply to my follow up emails. I would pass on a job offer from this company and would not apply there again. Their rude and discourteous treatment of their job applicants raises red flags about what it would be like to work for them.

Labeling Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chestnut Ridge, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies (Chestnut Ridge, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and set up an in person interview. Interviewed by three different people in intervals of 30 minutes. Discussed salary with the final interviewer who was human resources.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview first. Then a video interview. There were premade questions, which you had to answer and then the video was sent to them. If they like your answers you'll be called in for an in-person interview.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies (Trenton, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter on the phone, who said I was required to do an online interview. I thought this was really impersonal, since there was no opportunity for any follow up questions - more so "cut and dry". The program gave you 30 seconds to read the question on screen and 3 minutes to record your answer. Although it was very well organized, the questions were pretty general and it didn't give the interviewee a fair opportunity to show body language/personality. Also, the recruiter was very rude and had an attitude.

Interview Questions

• What are three qualities that you like about your current supervisor and why? What are some qualities that you do not like, and how would you change them. What qualities would like to see in your future supervisor? (All one question)   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I was required to answer a few questions via a video screening with basic questions pertaining to the role, nothing too complicated, but a bit impersonal. The recruiter called me back saying that everyone was impressed with my answers and would like to follow up with an in-person interview, again basic questions with nothing out of the ordinary. Met with Manager, Director, VP, and HR all on the same day which was actually a pleasant experience with everyone being really nice and informative. After the interview received all positive feedback from the recruiter who explained that I will be getting an answer probably in the next couple of weeks, which was OK because of the holiday break (Late December). I reached out to the recruiter mid-January and was told that they still didn't make a decision and it'll be a few more weeks. Time passed and I never heard back from them until a few weeks ago when they reached out again to see if I was interested in another position because the other one had been filled. I was surprised that I was never informed about this but months had passed by and was not surprised that the position was filled. I agreed to send my resume to go in for the 2nd available position and was never contacted after that. I was disappointed in not getting an offer but more disappointed in the lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• How will my past experience apply to the position?   1 Answer

G&A Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies.

Interview

I was interviewed by someone who should absolutely know how to interview. It is scary that go/no go decisions were based upon this person's recommendation. This leads me to believe that the quality of hires is quite low. Reading a candidate's resume prior to the actual interview is important, otherwise the candidate knows there is no interest.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Easy Interview by Production Director. Just basic question about my experience and previous jobs process. They just look your previous experience. I was expecting a more difficult interview because interviews are perform by Production Director but it was an easy one.

Interview Questions

• I had to explain how I performed a production process.   Answer Question

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very simple and accurate.nice managers fast process. Asked me about my experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing, machine operating and gmp knowledge. They described the position and what was expected by them at their company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply for the position   1 Answer

QC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. There was a link in the email to an online site, where your responses would be recorded via webcam. The questions were shown to you beforehand, you were given a few minutes to think over your answers, and your answers were recorded afterwards. There was no in person or phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montebello, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Par Pharmaceutical Companies (Montebello, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Friendly and casual once I had an opportunity to see the people that were directly in my reporting structure. They were very optimistic about the direction of the company and were interested to know how I would face challenges.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable giving presentations to high level positions   Answer Question