Patni Computer Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Patni Computer Systems

3.1

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I met with the HR person at their Boston location for 45 mins for an informational interview.I met with the HR person at their Boston location for 45 mins for an informational interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems.

Interview

- 3 rounds of Interview:
    - Software Fundamentals, Algorithms, Data structures: linked lists, arrays, searching, sorting, trees.
    - OOPs concepts: objects, classes, STL, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Templates
    - In-dept questioning about your expertise, experiences
    - HR interview

Interview Questions

Interview

Neutral with quick turn around. Took around 1 to 2 weeks from interview. 2 rounds of technical. One Sr. management and one HR. More discussion on leading capability and some on development.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Baldwin Park, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

I sent them an email thro a job website. Interestingly, they responded within a day or 2. The interview was setup in the next 2 days giving me very less time to prepare. However, with my past experience I was able to knock their socks off. The interview was fairly technical since it was with a Technology expert. Of course I was not able to answer some questions. But they understood that my skills were slightly differnet. I was able to answer everything from that side. I also had an interview with their client where they wre to place me. It all went well.

Interview Questions

• While unit testing your software, if you see the error - 'there is no line at position 0', how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Stick to your numbers if you think you've done a good job with the test.
    Remember they're an Indian IT company. So you can't ask for too much either. with 5 years of experience about 70k and 2 k with every year thereafter is what I would expect
    Make sure you confirm that they will pay for relocation, temporary accomodation and travel expenses - WITH NO CONTRACT TO BE SIGNED.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems.

Interview

Basic interview questions related to SAP. Discuss past experience leading team and how to manage offshore team along with client facing. Technology related and how you dealt with offshore team not working in tandem

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in March 2009.

Interview

Some representatives from Patni visited our campus for recruitment. Started of with the presentation highlighting company achievements and the 2/3 year bond terms and conditions. This is then followed by an aptitude test. The short listed candidates are communicated to the college authorities. The presentation was very standard and team didn't look quite excited. The short listed candidates have to go to the company campus for a 1:1 interview. Before the interview we are asked to write a letter on a given topic. After this the process gets a little disorganized with a long list of students waiting to be interviewed. My turn came after 4 hours and I was fed up of being nervous by this time. The interview was pretty simple. Very basic technical questions being asked considering the fact that we are being hired as freshers. They were mainly looking for confidence and decent communication skills.

Interview Questions

• A basic table structure of employee and dept with the the potential primary keys involved.   1 Answer
    • If you have a senior person who is working under you how will you handle the situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The compensation was not negotiable with standard salary being offered to all the freshers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

It was a campus recruitment. First we needed to go through an aptitude test followed by a Group Discussion (GD). In GD we were given a topic and we needed to discuss and and find an answer to the specific situation. Those who got through this phase were called for the interview. The interview was simple, some situational questions and some puzzles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job, campus recruitment, so no negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Mumbai (India)) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 rounds.
    The first round was an aptitude round. People clearing this round made to second round which was Group discussion.
    After passing through the GD the next round was personal interview. The round was a combined Technical + HR round.

Interview Questions

• How can you use cyclomatic complexity to determine the testing strategy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had attended the interview as fresher so there was scope of any negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems (Mumbai (India)) in April 2010.

Interview

simple and standard indian it recrutment style.

Interview Questions

• simple standard question.. abt ur self and what are ur hobbies..   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation. they have a fixed every thing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patni Computer Systems in January 2008.

Interview

There was an IQ/aptitude which consisted basic math/arithmetic,probability,percentage questions.after which there was a group discussion round. which lasted for 20 minutes.After that there was an 1:1 interview. It consisted both technical and HR questions. Basic Hr questions like tell em about your self,likes,hobbies ,extracurricular .Then technical consisted write code/algorithm for finding GCD, logic was important not language.Some questions about the course which I took during engineering.