Patreon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 59 of over 59 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Patreon

Application

I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

Interview process went smoothly (phone screen, hiring manager interview, 5 hr final round panel) and made it through all rounds. Received a verbal offer from recruiter but had it rescinded 5 days later due to no budget for this role and org changes.

Interview Questions
  • Basic technical and behavioral questions for the TPM role, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon (San Francisco, CA) in May 2021

Interview

1. Recruiter reached out on LinkedIn (he later left 5 days into the process) 2. Spoke to the hiring manager ---prepped by the recruiter going over details and possible behavioral questions that might come out due to interviewers' job function-- 3. Panel interview with 6 individuals from different functional teams Overall, one of the best interview experiences I've had. They were respectful, looking for individuals to really grow together with Patreon. The recruiter prepping the interviewee over a phone call was fairly new to me. It made me feel like I was really being set up to successfully nail the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Your comfort level navigating in Salesforce and building dashboards

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patreon (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process consists of 2 stages: 1. Phone call when I had a zoom call with an Engineer; 2. 4 Online interviews: 1) Design Interview; 2) System Design and Architecture; 3) Behavioural questions; 4) Other

Interview Questions
  • 1. Design Cache 2.1. Design LRU Cache using Java 2.2. Design payment system 2.3. Behavioral questions 2.4. Other

Patreon

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

I just got one interview with the hiring manager. They initially contacted me and then decided they weren't interested anymore. I don't have anything to comment, really. They seem to give fair compensation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Patreon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

First step was an online code exercice. It was followed by 2 rounds of interview (over zoom): first one was with one engineer to do a code exercice. Second round included another code exercice and one behavior interview.

Interview Questions
  • - work on trees - work with random method - questions related to diversity in the workplace.

Patreon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

Three sessions: one with head of the office, another with the team, last one with VP. All quite short. The last one was only 15 minutes. It's nice meeting the team. After going through the three interviews, I didn't get the position and no feedback was given.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Patreon

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

Screening call with a recruiter - Interview with a potential manager - A panel interview conducted online with 4 different stakeholders whom you would be collaborating with. Smooth process, recruiter kept me updated about things, all interviewers seemed nice.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Patreon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

Short, succinct, not as personable as other screening interviews. Very general interview questions. It was an initial 30 minute screening. Heard back within the same week about decision. Did not receive the offer. Recruiter didn't seem very interested in interviewing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2021

Interview

Good interview process with 3 stages, and all done quickly. Very friendly team and interesting company and tech stack. Overall positive experience and would like to apply again in the future.

Interview Questions
  • How would you implement a (basic) Twitter clone and tackle various problems with scaling the site.
  • Generate random passwords with certain character sets
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patreon (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

1st round - Went very well, the HR rep/interviewer had a good idea what the role was and discussing it's primary function. They were able to answer questions about remote work and the company. It took a drastic turn into a very negative experience when negotiations around expected salary while going into round 2. I was told by the interviewer that because of my gender (I'm a male), that we can't go any higher for the sake of diversity and inclusion. I had a literal HR rep tell me that I can't negotiate higher because of D&I and my gender. Regardless of my life experiences and hardships, and a whole bunch of context around my own individual life experience. I was put into the "gender bucket" by people who had no clue who I am as a person, or what my life has been like. Obviously we stopped the hiring process there. That was a derogatory experience for me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, align it with the role? How do you see the competitive landscape? What do you know about Patreon?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Interviews