KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Patreon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 96 of over 96 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Patreon

Application

I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

1 hour technical phone screen - 2 questions on hackerrank. I would say they were medium level but not your typical leetcode questions. They were more applicable to something you’d do in your role. The interviewer was really patient and gave hints when I was struggling. He also made sure to leave enough time to answer my questions

Interview Questions
  • Technical interview - implement a rate limiter
    Answer Question

Patreon

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

30-minute meeting with a manager Take-home exercise that “could take up to a few hours to complete” that was due in 24 hours Back-to-back interviews with five team members over the course of two hours 30-minute call with a manager (this call never happened) After 3-4 hours for interviews/testing, the role was removed "due to headcount reprioritization."

Interview Questions
  • This interview was several years ago, so I don't remember the exact questions. Each interview asked very similar questions that "made the process more fair" in some way.

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Patreon

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

After the initial recruitment/behavioral call, I had a relatively standard 1-hour LeetCode-style live coding video call. That call seemed to go alright, I stumbled on a few details as one does with algorithmic problems, but clearly showed that I know what I'm doing and know how to talk through a problem. A few days later Patreon emailed asking me for times to set up the full online interview, which would have taken around 4 hours total for 4 rounds of interviews - again pretty standard. Then, about two days before my scheduled interview time, my internet went down, and my ISP could not estimate a time when it would be back online. I emailed Patreon, told them about the situation, and asked if we could reschedule. They agreed seemingly without any problem. The following week, I had scheduled time off from work (again) for the interview, and I logged into my email a few minutes before the scheduled time to pull up the video call link - but then noticed another email. An hour earlier, they had apparently decided to go with another candidate, and cancelled my interview. Pretty amazing how a company that's apparently doing so well, that wants to brag about how billions of dollars flow through them, somehow can't afford to hire another software engineer - can't even do the courtesy of performing the interview and saying "well, we're at capacity now, but we'll call you in X weeks/months and fast track you next time". I guess my ISP is to blame, right?

Interview Questions
  • 1. Do you have 100% reliable internet? Do you have spare vacation days you'd like to spend?

Patreon

Application

I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

Everyone I spoke to was extremely arrogant. The recruiter talked about how hard the tech screen would be. The person giving the tech screen acted like they couldn't wait to be done and showed zero interest in talking with me. I was asked two typical leetcode questions in 45 minutes. I got the first one but didn't get the second and was rejected within 10 minutes of the call ending. What is the point in asking the first question then? What's with the generic puzzle based questions regardless of specific role being applied for? Truly a flawed interview process that represents everything wrong with interviewing in tech.

Interview Questions
  • typical leetcode questions that are more puzzles than anything and don't actually assess skills
1 person found this interview helpful

Patreon

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

It seems as though Patreon needs to do some work on their interview processes. The technical screen that I had required solving two algorithm exercises in 50 minutes. Neither challenge was prohibitively difficult, but the time crunch does not set candidates up for success. After being cut off on the first challenge when I nearing the solution, I couldn't help but feel like I had already been rejected before starting on the second challenge. The interviewer didn't seem particularly interested in getting to know me as a candidate, either, but I imagine the time crunch could have something to do with that.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Patreon

Application

I interviewed at Patreon

Interview

Poor feedback, did not like this team, would not want to work with these people. Not impressed with the rudeness, this team thinks they are better than others and has a very limited way of looking at things. Although I do think it’s a good platform, would not recommend to anyone I know

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Patreon

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Patreon in May 2022

Interview

Horrible experience. Tech screen consists of 2 LC mediums on HackerRank which are expected to be completed in 45 minutes. Interviewer rushed through the problem statement and was completely disengaged; almost seemed like they were doing work on another monitor as I worked on the problems. Interviewer was not interested in collaborating on the problems at all and made me feel like I was wasting their time. Ended up completing the first question but did not have nearly enough time to even start on the second question. Was a bad enough experience for me to blacklist Patreon as a company to work for in the future if this was any indication of what it's like to work with their engineers. I would stay away.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon (San Jose, CA)

Interview

Not sure why I was declined. I had 2 coding interviews, hiring manager interview and system design interview. For coding interviews it was pretty straight forwards. Did 3 LC like problems overall and did all test cases, well within the time allotted. System design was right up in my fintech domain. Provided a practical and real life solution and went pretty deep into it. Hiring manager/behavioral interview was a bit of a strange one. Hard to judge whether I passed this round or not. Overall, if you are not from FANG, even if you did well in the interview, they might not hire you. They strung me along for 2 weeks after my interview (the recruiter seemed responsive and positive for these 2 weeks) and they eventually sent me a typical impersonal and cold rejection email.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patreon (Jersey City, NJ) in Apr 2022

Interview

Really good process until it came to offer stage. Recruiter wanted me to accept within 24 hours and wasn’t willing to negotiate. This company gives most of comp in RSUs and lures you with the IPO carrot.Ultimately denied offer due to short time window and lack of negotiation which left overall sour taste.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I interviewed at Patreon (Fremont, CA)

Interview

A lot of interviews but all with relevant people so you can also meet folks you will work with and ensure the position and the company are a good fit

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example on how you when above and beyond to solve a problem
Viewing 1 - 10 of 96 Interviews

Patreon Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Patreon as 38.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.90 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Data Engineer and Data Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Patreon takes an average of 17 days when considering 93 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 5 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 18 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Patreon according to 93 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 38.27%

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Patreon? Share Your Experiences

Patreon Careers

Cover image for Patreon

Patreon is the best place for creators to build memberships by providing exclusive access to their work and a deeper connection with their...More

• Careers
  • Culture

Company Updates

Logo

114 days ago

Careers
Patreon Interview Series: Meet Pedro Veloso, Mobile Engineer, Android. One of the best parts of his job is seeing his work impact our patrons and creators. He said, “The creator economy is an immense market and there’s so much opportunity for creative solutions and an eagerness to excel. I get a sense that I’m actively contributing to the definition of a new market segment, as opposed to focusing on more operational or smaller iterative contributions./“ To learn more about Pedro and what we’re building at Patreon, read more here! And yes, we’re hiring! #lifeatpatreon #werehiring #techblogs #creatoreconomy #patreon #mobileengineering
Shared image - Meet the Mobile Team | Pedro Veloso | Patreon Blog
Meet the Mobile Team | Pedro Veloso | Patreon Blog
blog.patreon.com
Logo

120 days ago

Culture
Patreon Interview Series: It’s time to get to know Yifan P., Mobile Engineer, iOS. Yifan spent most of the last decade at Meta / Instagram, and is looking forward to building a first-class Patreon iOS app with the team. She said, “I was drawn to Patreon by both the mission and opportunity. Patreon honestly operates behind its mission, and there are a lot of growth opportunities for the company and creators. Leadership here has top-down transparency that I find refreshing. I like how open our leadership is and that they’re not afraid to answer tough questions and not afraid to think big.” To learn more about Yifan and what we’re building at Patreon, read more here! And yes, we are hiring! #lifeatpatreon #werehiring #techblogs #creatoreconomy #patreon #mobileengineering #hiring
Shared image - Meet the Mobile Team | Yifan Peng | Patreon Blog