Patreon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Patreon Interview Questions

Interviews at Patreon

2.6

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patreon.

Interview

Submitted resume via LinkedIn job posting, contacted by recruiter within a few days. The recruiter put me in touch with the job lead & I was interviewed via phone within a week.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Smooth process, I applied online and received a message a week later about scheduling a phone interview. Had a phone interview within the week and a week later received a message that it wasn't a right fit. Recruiters were courteous and timely throughout the way.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you experienced at your current job and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon in April 2018.

Interview

Everyone at Patreon loves the company and you can feel the energy. Interviews were thought out and interviewers were very welcoming. Seems like a great place.

Unfortunately their rejection process was poor. Partially because their interviewers are so polite, as a candidate it's hard to tell where you're doing well and where you're doing poorly. Combine that with the fact that they absolutely refuse to give any feedback it means that as a candidate, if you get rejected, you'll be hard press to know how to improve. Most companies will at least give a high level feedback of areas to focus on. After 10 hours of investment I would like to have something to show for it. For a place that values their creators and employees so much, this feels very thoughtless.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patreon.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a guy who had the most extreme case of "drinking the company kool-aid" I've ever witnessed. The interviewer told me that Patreon only hires engineers who strongly believe in Patreon's mission. Essentially their mission is to provide a platform for professional YouTube celebrities to get paid on a subscription basis by subscribers for posting their content to Patreon's platform. It's not a "mission" that any engineer actually cares about. Engineers are geeks who care about solving challenging engineering problems, learning about new tech, and geeky things like sci-fi. I opted to cut the interview short since this guy was obviously nuts and whoever is running the company is probably equally delusional. If you actually want a job here for some odd reason, make sure to keep up the charade that you deeply care about Patreon's mission.

Interview Questions

• Did you apply to this job because there was a good skills match or because you strongly believe in Patreon's mission?   2 Answers

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patreon (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, referred to Creator Relations. Process took 4+ weeks. It involved 5 phone interviews, 7 on site, and a take home assignment. After the 12th interview I was deemed "not a good fit" yet they kept the highly proprietary answers on my take home assignment..

Interview Questions

• Name 20 Youtubers youd pursue and send 3 concept emails to break the ice with them..   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patreon (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

I received an email from Patreon talent team for an interview 48 hours after submitting my resume. The first phone interview had to be rescheduled because the hiring manager was out of town. I was very excited about the interview because I donate to creators through their platform and it is a good fit with my experience. The hiring manager gave a quick summary of the role and how she wanted to break up the 30 minutes, which was a positive start. She mentioned a lot of items not listed in the job description, and some of it was still very vague. I had a hard time envisioning what the day to day responsibilities and metrics for success would be. The interviewer talked fast, was curt, and didn’t offer any verbal cues that I was on the right track or answering the questions satisfactory. I barely got 30 seconds to ask my own question before they hung up on me. 48 hours later I got a generic rejection email that you expect from submitting a resume, not a phone interview. I got a mean girl vibe from the hiring manager so it was probably a blessing in disguise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you hit a critical goal   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a value you brought to life   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patreon.

Interview

After my experience interviewing I would not interview again.

Phone screen followed by technical interview.

Both the phone screen and the interview were pretty standard. The phone screen was mostly a formality.

Though I felt like I killed the interview, I was declined the next day. They refused to give me any feedback. I felt like I wasted my time.

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patreon (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had a recruiting screen 4 days later and was hired on the spot during my onsite. The process took a week. Which is definitely not something that happens often. The normal process is 3-5 weeks for most roles.

I was interviewed by 4 people which were all very conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for creating a search after receiving a new rec?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Patreon in December 2016.

Interview

1 coffee date, 1 phone screen, 1 onsite
    Onsite: 2 soft skills, 1 hands on pair programming exercise, 1 architecture question, 1 whiteboard coding exercise (they no longer do this one), hiring manager check-in, lunch

Interview Questions

• Given some code, how would I provide feedback for engineers at varying levels of experience.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patreon (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online. Within a few days a Recruiter contacted me to arrange a phone screen. The following week I came into the office for a round of 4 in person interviews. Two days after the interview I received an email that I was not chosen

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background? Describe your experience with scaling processes or systems   Answer Question