Paul Davis Restoration Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Paul Davis Restoration

2.6

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration (Manassas, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 Franchise Owners. Questions were based on my experience and the relationships that I have maintained throughout my career in the DC Metro region. Both franchise owners were had there own vision of the role which created some confusion in the direction the interview would go.

Interview Questions

• what relationships do I bring with me in the market?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then an in person interview, then landed the job about 3 weeks later. It was a fairly easy process there were around 20 total applicants that were interviewed in person.

Interview Questions

• What types of previous marketing experience do you have?   Answer Question

Estimator/Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted via email to schedule an interview. Interviewed with Owner and Vice President. Was a laid back, conversational interview. Interviewed for about an hour. Overall was a positive experience and did not feel pressured.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about the construction restoration industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration (Fort Collins, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Simple, I met with the Owner Fred Roberts. He made several promises which were never followed up on and didn't mention the on call duties, which were required without compensation.

Interview Questions

• Can you work on call one week every 6?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He told you what you would make

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration (Springfield, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

During the interview, I was asked how old I was, to which I replied that the interviewer was not allowed to ask me that. Then after confirming that this was in fact true, he proceeded to ask me when I was born, and then how long before I retired. I was most concerned, however, about the fact that the "salary" was commission only, and as it was set up, seemed to be designed to pay much less money than was it was hinted could actually be made, require a good deal of unpaid work, and incentivize cheating the specs. I withdrew my letter of interest.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself in five years." Answering such a question with an unequivocal answer demands either extreme single-mindedness (around work), or gross over simplification.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration (Sterling, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and the asked about your experience in construction and remodeling. They also asked your proficiency in word, excel, power point, etc. Expect to be in the interview for approximately 1-1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your construction experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very involved. They described in detail the position and expectations as well as the cooperate expectations and franchise expectations. They asked standard interview questions but only those pernant to the position.

Interview Questions

• If I had any problems communicating any and all information to the customer.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the recruiting company they used for this position. The phone interview was 150 rapid fire leadership skills based questions. I would a liken it to a leadership skills inventory like Strength Quest. I was told by the recruiter that they would forward my information along to Paul Davis Restoration. Paul Davis promotes their high quality of customer services but they fail to deliver it to potential employee. As a candidate I never heard anything from Paul Davis Restoration as a result of my phone screen. It doesn’t take much to send out a pre-populated email notifying me of my status. Poor candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was 150 rapid fire leadership skills based questions. I would a liken it to a leadership skills inventory like Strength Quest.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration.

Interview

Multi Round Process, and a bit repetitive. I was asked the same questions multiple times over and over again, and continually had to follow up with the interviewer for details. I interviewed for 3 different franchises, only to get strung along multiple times and basically praised for my role but ultimately turned down for the job...

Interview Questions

• What do you think the biggest change is from your current role?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest challenge you think about taking a role like this?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any construction experience?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paul Davis Restoration (Corona, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Lengthy, but necessary. I felt that it went well, which clearly it did as i was offered thw job. High stress environment, lota of pressure. Went well, easy questions. No complaints. Couldn't have gone better