Cover image for Paylocity

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Paylocity Software Engineer .NET Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 430 interviews

Applied online33%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paylocity (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2022

Interview

Interview was very good. It was nice to learn new things. Please more focus on new technologies and skills. It was 2 round of interview. 1st is technical round and 2nd is manager round with some general questions.

Interview Questions
  • .Net questions, Angular, some OOPS fundamentals and SQL server etc...
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Paylocity (Denver, CO) in Jan 2016

Interview

Most unprofessional interview process ever. I'm sure it's a great company to work for once you get in, but they're a bunch of arrogant elitists that just leave you in the dark if they don't move forward with your candidacy. I wasted my entire weekend working on their coding challenge (which the MVC .NET engineer said he was very impressed with and is how he would have implemented it) and studying for the interview, not once, but twice in one year only to get rejected both times because I don't execute stored procedures from Entity Framework enough. As soon as they turned me down I never heard back from the recruiter again. He stopped returning my phone calls and emails. I had to find out through the grapevine that I was rejected because my front end and SQL skills weren't strong enough even though I answered every front end JavaScript question they asked correctly.

Interview Questions
  • In JavaScript, what is the difference between '===' and '=='?
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Paylocity

Join the conversation on

Tech

576.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Paylocity~29987
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Paylocity? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Paylocity employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paylocity (Chicago, IL)

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter. 2. Technical Phone Screen 3. Talk to Director 4. Talk to various staff including developer team. After being told I did very well on the first three steps something just fell apart on step 4. Supposedly, step 4 is a deep technical dive. However, there was no technical dive at all. There were a few entry level questions asked about the Database and how I rated my skills in certain areas. Based off these vague presumption assessments they declined to make an offer. A complete waste of time. The company should ask technical questions to determine if a candidate is a match. How a person rates their skills compared to other skills should not be used to make a hiring decision on an otherwise strong candidate. The whole process felt shady and did not add up. Lots of contradictions. Just a guess, but I wonder if they were afraid to give a low ball salary offer and simply made-up some terrible reasons.

Interview Questions
  • The code interview involved recursion, interfaces, generics and extension methods. I managed to obtain the correct answer, however this was not enough to get the job. Advanced JavaScript design questions also passed, however still not enough. Very strange...
1 person found this interview helpful

Paylocity

Application

I interviewed at Paylocity

Interview

Process started through a recruiter who asked some very basic fundamental questions, was then given a phone screen with a developer that consisted of more in depth questions but still really the basics a bit more about patterns and practices. So far so good and received positive feedback from the recruiter. Then came the face-to-face this consisted of your typical panel interview with a whiteboard session. The panel interviewers were both sr developers and were very stiff and uncomfortable. One had non-stop eye contact and the other barely any at all. Being a female of american descent I am the minority in the IT field and am used to this sort of behavior. However, I knew after about 5 minutes I would not accept an offer with this team. In any case I tried my best to make the time bearable. Was asked to write some quick code converting string to integer for a mission critical app. When I asked questions to narrow down the requirements the interviewer was flustered and seemed to be irritated. So I choose a dependency injection pattern to which they replied no make it simpler. I thought the idea was to show my skill? Luckily, in the end I did not receive an offer with the feedback that my design / UI skills were not advanced enough. I likely would not have accepted an offer as I could not imagine working with the two that I interviewed with and also don't care to be a web designer or UI developer.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked many questions regarding CSS and UI which was surprising as this was a core dev position. Most questions I answered but a few I did not know.
5 people found this interview helpful