Peapod Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2017

1.9

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peapod (Hanover, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

12 potential workers came in at the same time, with one-on-one interview after we filled out paperwork, a process that took far too long. The actual interview however was quick and easy. They mostly are just checking out what your motivation level is. Asked if I had ever worked in a warehouse before, said no, but this was not a problem. Received word of job offer almost immediately after interview, but rather than starting training right away, had to come back to fill out paperwork and then take a drug test. Between receiving notice of job offer, to start of training, process took 3 weeks, far too long in my opinion.

Complete waste of time however. I believe the location in Hanover, over-hired for position, or simply had managers with no patience, or ability to teach. Training consisted of performing the job of picking out food for orders, a job that was assigned immediately and with very few instructions from the trainer. Made a few mistakes, that I can own up to, but corrected them. This is where the experience gets beyond shady.

After lunch-break, was told by manager who oversaw me that morning, that I was going to be working with a different manager for afternoon shift, this is after picking up equipment and box-cutter for the job, and not being told that my day was over. The new manger then immediately tells me I was not a good fit for the job, and that I should turn in my badge. Mind you, this is a person who was not around me during the first-half of the day. Also, firing someone after 3-hours of training? I'm not crying here for sympathy, but that doesn't sound like a place that is very respectfully of new workers, or patient to at least give someone a full day, to see if they are a fit.

In final, place seemed like an unorganized mess. I consider the fact that I was let go, to be a blessing in disguise.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Interview

They gave me no clear directions on where to exactly go to my interview! The lady at the main front office was rude and acted as if she didn't see me. They then made you wait a hour after your interview time to get a interview. Oh and you have to fill out another whole application! Just like the one you did to get the interview. The interviewer was rude too!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Peapod (Skokie, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied via job posting. Was contacted by e-mail to answer basic questions-Why Peapod? Why looking for a position? What about this job stands out for you? Phone intv followed 1 week later, then on-site interview in Skokie HQ, which was disappointing. Offices are old,dingy and disheveled.Co.claims "high tech" but are still using paper employment applications. Spent 3-4 hours total for whole intv process and never received any follow-up.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peapod (Hanover, MD).

Interview

Went to an interview. Typical group of people. They make you wait, then fill out another long application, and then give you a quick one on one to weed out the morons. I got chosen for the 2nd interview. As usual showed up early and waited. This time i waited 40min past my interview time. The security guard there was clueless and was more interested in his cell phone. I kept asking him to get someone, and at one point he told me HR was on there way, which they were not. I also called the two numbers i had to let someone know i was there. Went out of my way to make time for this interview and they couldn't care less. Peapod is not worried about punctuality apparently. The interview process makes it seem like they are looking for the best quality, which is obviously false. Thankfully i am not desperate for a job, just looking for something fun with a good company. I feel bad for anyone who needs a job, as they set the tone early on that they own you, in my opinion. After reading other reviews, i also agree the pay is very low, but it is a union so there is no negotiating your worth. And also, i felt like i was doing the first interview, as the lady could barely read from the sheet and obviously was not paying attention.

Interview Questions

• If you made a delivery and the eggs were broken, what would you do?   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peapod (Hanover, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

They make all candidates come in at one time and you have to sit and wait until you are called?
    The lady at the front desk is not helpful do not ask her for help she has an attitude and just tell people to read the sign and she continue to fondle with her phone.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      Why do you want to work for this company
      2 Answers

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peapod (Lake Zurich, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

No real interview almost any and everyone is hired. No structure employees are often working in multiple area's reguardless of what you actually hired for. The first three week I only worked about 60 hours as a full time employee.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work up to 12 hours at least three days a week.   1 Answer

Java Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peapod (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview simple about yourself
    Take home coding test
    Written exam questions
    I'm sure following questions would be helpful. Will post some more questions if I remember.
    These questions would be really helpful to prepare. Make sure you will look java, sql and unix related questions.

Interview Questions

• Total of 50 written exam questions which include
      1. Had Basic Java questions at the beginning such as
      What be the out put of the program
      2. Error in the code
      3. What is the default value of string, int, double, float, boolean
      4. Difference between jsp and servlet
      5. What is immutable class and example
      6. sub class and super class difference
      7. SImple SQL select quesries(6 to 8)
      8. 12 to 15 Unix command questions. GREP command
      16. how to loop in unix programming
      1 Answer

Product Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peapod (Hanover, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I saw on facebook about the job fair at peopods warehouse in hanover. when I got there a lady with a accent gave me the application I asked some questions bout the shifts she answered them all and I had an interview with her. I was nervous but she was patient and prefessional I felt welcome

Product Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peapod (Hanover, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was held within a group setting. Based on my email confirmation, I believed that the interview would be conducted in a one on one setting. All interviewees are placed in one room and the HR rep comes in and has everyone to complete the application then calls each person out to another room to conduct a 5 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a warehouse setting?

Do you have reliable transportation?

How do you feel about working in a freezer with below 0 temperature?
      1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Peapod (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I interviewed with two managers, it went very well. I got a call a few hours later with a job offer. I had a good experience. The job application was not long, and I did not have to wait a long time to be interviewed. The interviewers gave a lot of feedback and information about the job requirements.