Peloton Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Peloton Interactive

2.5

Director of Product Marketing, Bike Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

The lead recruiter found me on LinkedIn and reached out. Initial phone screen was a positive and she passed me to a phone screen with the hiring manager. It went downhill from there.

The HM was 8 minutes late to a 30 minute phone call. When we got on the phone he was clearly in a rush and didn’t even introduce himself. While I was answering his first question, I could hear him texting on his phone sending multiple messages while I was speaking. Throughout our conversation, I would finish speaking or ask him a question and it was clear he was reading/doing something else because he wasn’t listening. In addition, his cell phone reception was so bad that I had to repeatedly ask him to repeat himself and could not take notes on his answers to my questions because every other word cut out.

I left the call feeling like this person was disrespectful of my time and didn’t treat me like a serious candidate. It wasn’t like I applied for this job, they found me, and it felt like a waste of my time.

They got back to me a few days later saying we wouldn’t be moving forward and I felt fine about it due to the experience with the HM. I shared this feedback with HR and hope they take it seriously so no future candidates will leave their interview feeling the way I did.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

online assessment, a link with a coding question. It is in hard level for they give you 2 hours for only one programming question. I cannot believe the question is almost to hard level.

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

My interview experience consisted of two rounds: first round with which is really just a screen and the second round consisted of one technical round and three behavioral round. The technical round was tailored for someone with a Software Engineer background and not what I was expecting for a Data Engineer role. I have interviewed for Data Engineering positions at other companies and generally the technical round had a mix of easy-medium Python and medium-hard SQL questions which is what I would consider more relevant for a Data Engineering position. My technical round consisted of a system design question and a medium-hard leetcode question.

I would have rated this interview process a neutral experience except for the fact that I had to constantly message the recruiter for updates. Even after my final round I had to request an update on my interview status and ended up not hearing back from the recruiter. This occurred over several weeks and gave me an extremely negative impression of Peloton. I hope this is due to the growing pains of Peloton and not a common occurrence.

My advice for Peloton is to create some sort of feedback process. I doubt anyone higher up knows about my negative experience considering there was no way to provide any feedback. Since there is no way to provide feedback it is probably why the recruiters are okay with not responding and providing a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Practice for Software Engineer questions even though its a Data Engineer role.
      One system design question.
      One medium leetcode question.   Answer Question

Showroom Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive in October 2020.

Interview

Pretty straight-forward. The interview felt more like a conversation, getting to know who you are as a person and seeing if you'd be a good fit for the Peloton culture. I had three interviews: One with the Showroom Manager, second with the Showroom Manager and a secondary Manager, and the final third interview was with a Regional Manager. The entire process took about two weeks.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone screening, followed by an interview with the hiring manager, followed by 6 interviews across the team.

My phone interview was with a person who was a robot. My interview with the hiring manager was 30 minutes and he was driving while on vacation and checked out. I didn't have the opportunity to learn anything about the role.

My 6 interviews across the team were with a variety of 2015 grads who had less experience combined than my entire career, who had received a promotion every 6 months and titles way over their experience level.

When I asked if I could reschedule one of my interviews because an emergency came up at my current job, I was quite rudely told that they decided to move forward with another candidate and that all my other interviews would be cancelled.

We get it - they're growing fast and looking for warm bodies to fill roles quickly. Can't imagine this is a place to build a career, avoid at all costs.

Leadership Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

I have applied to a few positions that meet my level of experience, When I had a video interview and they saw me, the interview was very short, No real questions, very abrupt and ended the interview within 15 min. I was wearing a shirt , tie and suit and looked professional as I always do. This was for a leadership role but regardless of the level I was shocked and expected better treatment. Although, this company is proud to promote their diversity initiatives, I believe I was rejected based on my age because my experience matched exactly what the job description stated. Don't ask for 15 plus years of experience and expect to see someone under 35 years old. Diversity is to include all groups and not to discriminate based on race, creed, color, age, sexual orientation and all other diverse groups. I believe this company rather practice a culture of being elitist and not a culture of diversity that based on experience.

Very disconcerting in todays times. Practice what you preach. Health and Fitness is not just about internal being but also about external thoughts and actions. Diversity of thoughts lead to diversity of actions and this company has a lot to learn about that. Shame on you.

Based on reading previous interview reviews you need to up your game with regard to candidate experience. How you treat a candidate regardless of phone, video or in person interview is indicative of how you treat employees. Not very promising.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

The interview process was first a phone call with the store manager and regional manager. But I was in another state so other candidates had in-person interviews with the store manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive in September 2020.

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter called me on the phone to talk about the role and my background. At the end of the talk, recruiter asked me my salary expectations, and I said I didn't have a set number in mind, but shared my compensation at my previous job. Recruiter ghosted me after this in a unprofessional way, I emailed several times about next steps but never got a reply back.

Member Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

Online application and quick response for a skills test then interview.
    The interview was a video call with two other people, a recruiter and the potential manager.
    The manager asked questions mostly pertaining to my faults, failures, mistakes, and harsh criticisms from my previous jobs. I wasn't expecting to have so many negative questions be asked of me. To bring up example after example of areas I lacked in was weak in was so odd. By the time they asked if I had any questions, the 30 minutes allotted was almost over. I don't remember any discussion of the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone gave you criticism that was hard to hear.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peloton Interactive.

Interview

3 interviews. 2 with in store leadership and one with RM. Progressed very quickly as they want to put someone in the store quickly for the holidays. Communications were very clear and consistent with the store manager throughout the process.