Penn Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2018

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

A series of alarming events -

1) First phone round was supposed to be introductory and turned into a technical interview (09/7/2017) for 1-hour.
    2) They told me they liked me and wanted me to come in for a face to face interview but the recruiting company (MISSION STAFF) indicated it had to be the next day (09/08/2017). All of this within less than 24-hrs.
    3) I refused because I needed more time. Mission Staff indicated that it was not a technical interview after speaking with Penn Mutual and urged me to come in. I was told it would be to better understand the people and work environment since I was already screened on the phone.
    4) I arrived for my interview and what was supposed to be 1 hr FACE TO FACE, turned out to be a 2 hr technical interview. I am more than comfortable with taking technical interviews which I am permitted to prepare for (I have one with Amazon and Facebook next month).
    5) I informed the people interviewing me that it was less than 24 hours and I was told that my technical interview had been done on the phone.
    6) Had I known it was a technical interview, I would have asked for the weekend to prepare.

I was pushed to come to the interview which I was assured would not be technical else I would ask for more time given they wanted me to come in less than 24hrs.

Poor Communication and deceptive practices at Penn Mutual and Mission Staff. I was very disheartened by their interview process and moreover I was told during the interview that every thing should be on your fingertips without any prep (this was a surprise interview).

I am a hard working woman who graduated from top tier school and have on site interviews at Amazon and Facebook who provided me weeks to prepare for my interview. If this is any indication how they treat people, you should think twice about applying here.

Audit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Met with six people among different departments (Audit, Risk, HR). The process took about 3 hours total. A lot of questions about teamwork. They really value corporate culture and the fit with that culture.

Interview Questions

• Everyone asked a question about your experience working in a team.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was immediately about technical questions. No bother in getting to know me as a person. The questions were either very specific or extremely vague leading to either no knowledge of the topic or no way of answering it directly.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got the interview thru a recruiter. After initial phone screening they set up a face to face interview with at least 4 developers. It was a long process, almost 4 hours in a conference room with senior develops who grill you with questions. At the end you will meet the CTO and he will ask you certain questions.

Interview Questions

• On the spot diagram something and explain it in detail. They will question you on everything.   Answer Question

Operations/Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA).

Interview

Second interview was cancelled the day of without warning or explanation, with promise of reschedule. Then total radio silence. They seem to really enjoy spinning their wheels and wasting candidates' time, perhaps to gauge the labor market. Rude and unprofessional!

Corporate Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was about two hours in a half and involved meeting with five employees. I met with the head of the department, a director, a manager, a senior, and the director of HR. Everyone was easy to talk to and the HR director was surprisingly more intense, as far as asking questions, than the head of the tax department.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation in the workplace.   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with a senior Actuary, the process is not long. And most questions are asked based on the resume.You need to tell details and what you did before. Q: Why you choose actuary as your career?

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA).

Interview

I met with the hiring leader the HR Director a Senior Manager and the VP of Corporate Communications. All four were about 30 minutes long and were mostly conversational except for the HR director which was a little more standard.

Interview Questions

• Standard Questions related to the job. Asked about editorial calendar and experience with deadlines.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It's a pretty easy and friendly. The Manager carl is a nice guy. pretty much this is life insurance sales position. And need to get state insurance license. but if you want to get series 63 or 66, this is not the right place, even the website said its a full service company.

Interview Questions

• What license do I need and what I can do with insurance sales   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview with a senior actuary through phone. Asked about your previous work experience and why you choose to be an actuary. No response later to inform you about the result.