Penn Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Redwood Shores, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I met with the sales manager and we talked for 1.5 hours. At first it was a standard interview; what have you done, how much did you sell etc. Then we started to talk. Great guy and interested as much in my goals and needs as he was in what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

Penn Mutual Response

Nov 5, 2018 – AVP, Distribution Talent Development

We’re happy to hear that your experience was so positive. We strive to create an interview experience for advisers that focuses not only on the career and position, but on the adviser and his or her... More

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Wilton, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

Great interview process. Easy to understand the interview process from the start as well as the requirements. Before hiring they will make you complete a list of 100 leads for you to use once licensed as an agent. Be careful of the leads that you give to any company, especially in sales.

Audit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Met with six people among different departments (Audit, Risk, HR). The process took about 3 hours total. A lot of questions about teamwork. They really value corporate culture and the fit with that culture.

Interview Questions

• Everyone asked a question about your experience working in a team.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was immediately about technical questions. No bother in getting to know me as a person. The questions were either very specific or extremely vague leading to either no knowledge of the topic or no way of answering it directly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

Telephonic interview followed by in person
    Mostly on how java xml broker works (internals not APIs), then Java certification type questions (based on inheritance problems, static variables, inner classes ) given code, what will be output. SQL vs noSQL dbs. Interviewer won't answer question if you didn't know it. I felt its bit rude, even I interviewed candidates and if candidate request, I will answer the question.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on how java xml broker works (internals not APIs), then Java certification type questions (based on inheritance problems, static variables, inner classes ) given code, what will be output. SQL vs noSQL dbs   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got the interview thru a recruiter. After initial phone screening they set up a face to face interview with at least 4 developers. It was a long process, almost 4 hours in a conference room with senior develops who grill you with questions. At the end you will meet the CTO and he will ask you certain questions.

Interview Questions

• On the spot diagram something and explain it in detail. They will question you on everything.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual.

Interview

I had a short phone interview following my posting to careerbuilder.com. they followed up the same week to schedule an in person interview with HR and the hiring manager. i had a second interview a few weeks later with the hiring manager and the next level up. they followed up within a week with a job offer. there was nothing out of the ordinary. they asked all the regular questions and were very pleasant

Negotiation

they had a little room to come up on the salary, but not too much.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, process took 2-4 weeks. Intensive interview process, but all with highly impressive individuals. Met with members of different team. Good mix of explaining the company, talking about job specific matters, as well as industry trends.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I sent my application online and heard back very quickly requestin an interview. After the initial 1 on 1 interview, I was asked back for a group interview with a few employees. On boarding took a very long time though.

Interview Questions

• What makes me stand out from other candidates? Do I have experience cold calling?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Mutual.

Interview

Very straight forward, normal question about my background and experiences. I was able to meet most of the people in the office which was extremely helpful. I was able to speak to the other employees in the role I was applying for which gave me a great feel for what to expect.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

Process was good had multiple interviews. There was a quick turn around from when I applied until I interviewed. I interviewed with multiple people on the same day over a span of a few hours. There was a follow-up phone interview two weeks later then another two weeks before I heard final decision.

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate and it was a conversational process.