Penn Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.7

Operations/Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA).

Interview

Second interview was cancelled the day of without warning or explanation, with promise of reschedule. Then total radio silence. They seem to really enjoy spinning their wheels and wasting candidates' time, perhaps to gauge the labor market. Rude and unprofessional!

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Uniondale, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and met with three people, including HR. Easy process but the salary was approximately 35% less than what I need. Simple interview but I wish I was told the salary before traveling all the way to the office.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your last position and why did you leave? Have you worked with sales agents and if so, in what capacity?   Answer Question

Corporate Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was about two hours in a half and involved meeting with five employees. I met with the head of the department, a director, a manager, a senior, and the director of HR. Everyone was easy to talk to and the HR director was surprisingly more intense, as far as asking questions, than the head of the tax department.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to overcome a difficult situation in the workplace.   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with a senior Actuary, the process is not long. And most questions are asked based on the resume.You need to tell details and what you did before. Q: Why you choose actuary as your career?

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA).

Interview

I met with the hiring leader the HR Director a Senior Manager and the VP of Corporate Communications. All four were about 30 minutes long and were mostly conversational except for the HR director which was a little more standard.

Interview Questions

• Standard Questions related to the job. Asked about editorial calendar and experience with deadlines.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Boca Raton, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

It's a pretty easy and friendly. The Manager carl is a nice guy. pretty much this is life insurance sales position. And need to get state insurance license. but if you want to get series 63 or 66, this is not the right place, even the website said its a full service company.

Interview Questions

• What license do I need and what I can do with insurance sales   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Interview with a senior actuary through phone. Asked about your previous work experience and why you choose to be an actuary. No response later to inform you about the result.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Waltham, MA).

Interview

I sent my application online and heard back very quickly requestin an interview. After the initial 1 on 1 interview, I was asked back for a group interview with a few employees. On boarding took a very long time though.

Interview Questions

• What makes me stand out from other candidates? Do I have experience cold calling?   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penn Mutual.

Interview

Very straight forward, normal question about my background and experiences. I was able to meet most of the people in the office which was extremely helpful. I was able to speak to the other employees in the role I was applying for which gave me a great feel for what to expect.

Corporate Marketing & Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Penn Mutual (Horsham, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had never had a professional job or internship like this and in all honesty I was a bit nervous. I made sure to arrive early to sign into the building. Once they gave me a room to prepare myself, I was greeted by the first woman who actually became my boss. Soon after small talk we sat down and was greeted by another woman. The two woman called another gentleman on the phone to listen into and contribute to the interview via conference call. At this point, I did not know what to expect. However, they were very welcoming! I felt comfortable answering or elaborating on anything they asked. At the end, I made sure to leave with business cards and thanked them for this opportunity. Originally, there was only one position open that I was interviewing for. However, the way I conducted myself and expressed my interest for the company, I was offered a different position! I would still be an intern, but with much more responsibility given that I would be interning directly under the AVP of Engagement Marketing. The main takeaway is to go into the interview confident!

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would like to get out of this internship?   Answer Question