Penske Motor Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.8

Vehicle Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group (El Monte, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It's a long process but they got me through pretty quick because they were short staffed. You apply online, do a online interview, then you do a survey thing where you get 5 people to vouche for you then an in-person interview.

Vehicle Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Few months ago, I started to look for a stable job but it is connected to my passion. I searched online for "Photography positions" and came across the job opening at Lexus of Stevens Creek. At around September 2016, I received an e-mail from one of their hiring managers, he wants me to go on in-person interview with him. After two weeks, the Internet Director called me for the second interview, it went well.

It took me more or less than a month after I heard coming from their HR head, this time, I applied for their background check and references check, it went well too. After the completion of my background check, the General Manager called me for an interview. He really gives me a good sign by saying "Are you ready to take photos for 8 hours a day? If yes, enjoy!". On the same day, the GM called for the HR head for finalizing my application. She said that they will address my resume to the top (CEO & other executives). She told me that it takes about 2 to 3 weeks of process because of Thanksgiving holiday, it holds my breath though.

On the first week of December, the HR called for the job offer, and I accepted it. Then I proceed to the drug screen which is supported by the company.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group (El Monte, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

They didn't even interview me. They just called and asked if I could come in the next day to start the position because they were backed up and really needed help.

Finance Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group.

Interview

Took about 4 weeks. GM and HR were very thorough and helpful. Applied online. Process was smooth. Interviewed with 4 different people in one day. Took about half the day. Overall experience was pleasant and would recommend a friend this job.

Finance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long. I interviewed with 3 different people before getting a confirmation. I found the job application online and submit my resume. I received a response within a few days. From there the process look a while. Because the corporate headquarters are not in the same location that I applied to, there was a lag. It took about 2 weeks before I was able to meet with someone for an initial interview. After the initial interview, the main boss flew in and interviewed me. I had one final interview before the job offer was received.

Interview Questions

• Work experience, name some accomplishments you are proud of, what attracted you to the company...etc. Basic interview questions   Answer Question

Express Lube Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was lenghthly, but I already knew about it through glass door reviews.
    I do appreciate thtat management takes their time in selecting candidates that will fit with their team.

Interview Questions

• What have you done recently for a person without them asking you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is not much to negotiate at this level. Not a bad thing when the benefits are decent.

Guest Relations Interview

Interview

Its a long process, but worth it. I interviewed with 2 different managers and then met the general manager. They did a background and dmv pull on all new hires. I'm very happy with the organization.

Interview Questions

• My previous employment history? What I enjoy to do in my spare time.   1 Answer

Internet Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group (San Rafael, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It's was a long hiring process, were I went to multiple interview. They made me do multiple test to see if I fit the position and then they introduced me to people around the facility to give me a overview of how the culture is at RAB Motors.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at RAB motors?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group.

Interview

I applied online and completed the personality assessment test. I followed up over the phone & walked in as many times as it took to speak with a manager (which they claim to be very busy but let's not kid ourselves..) They mentioned that Wednesday noon is when they follow through with performing interviews, not necessarily booked as an appointment. But rather a walk in and a first come first serve basis on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the other candidate that has more experience, skills....   Answer Question
    • How did you purchase your car?... Who did you go with?...   Answer Question

Health and Wellness Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Penske Motor Group (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially I was called for a phone screening. The phone call was brief but thorough, between myself and who would be my direct report. Next I had an in person interview with my direct reports, at the location of the listed position. Thirdly, I had an in person interview with General Manager of location. Lastly, I had a Skype or online interview with HR Manager who is the head of my department.

Interview Questions

• How my experience will be/can be translated to my position.   1 Answer