Pentair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pentair Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.7

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentair in June 2017.

Interview

36 emails, half dozen phone calls, 4 in person interviews. One person cancelled and was rescheduled who did not call me, I had to track the person down.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you came up with a solution,   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentair (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview where questions were in a recorded form. The answers were supposed to be recorded and sent. Mostly HR questions. Some field related questions. It was an average difficult interview

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentair (Chandler, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Usual: they read your resume, call you and invite you for a job interview. Can hire with a zero experience. Can supply other shift (your applied for 2, you will work in 1). Nothing special. They don't have a huge line of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, home address location, reliable transportation, possible starting date.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pentair (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

One interview was over the phone interview. The second round interview was in person and it was about a two hour interview with multiple employees from multiple sections of the company.

Manufacturing/Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pentair (Dover, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was speedy and smooth. Applied in person, though couldnt find a receptionist or anyone the first time I went to the Dover NH location. Interviewed over the phone with HR rep out of their Ohio location. A tour and super easy interview with a lead, and the same type with plant manager and had the job within a couple weeks. Just beware that they do a drug screen of everyone and their is zero leniency.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? This seemed to be the major focus. They were starving for help and i believe are in a similar position still over three months later.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Pentair (Cleveland, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Process was drawn out over 7 months. There was a bait-and-switch between the initial role and another similar role, but I decided to feel it out. I took hour long phone calls with 4-5 separate people within the department, and all went well. The in-person interview required me to complete a technical presentation of their product, and I took a vacation day to fly in. My flights were cancelled due to a winter storm, and I could not reschedule within the week leading up to Christmas. I woke up to an email saying I had been pulled from consideration due to my lack of interest in a very condescending way. Overall, the process was a joke. They continually asked for me to take time from my current job, continued to contact me on my work phone after repeated requests to use my personal phone, and after all of the time invested on my end, used a condescending email to send me on my way. If you are considering interviewing and see this pattern, I'd suggest moving on.

Interview Questions

• Most were in regards to personality, motivators, and past experience. Nothing too difficult if you have experience in interviews.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pentair (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

This was a very misleading process. Like another reviewer on here, I went through about 7 interviews to get an abrupt "nevermind" email and then a very vague and condescending response citing reasons said to be no big deal during the first wave of interviews. If these were issues then, it would have been nice to not waste my time and PTO to come in for a half day long session where the supposed strikes against me weren't even really discussed. The manager also came off as totally understanding and supportive, making the process seem very disingenuous. Maybe save taking people out to lunch for when you've after given a real offer?

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pentair (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I initially got a call from the engineering department of Pentair which went well since I got a chance for a 1:1 session with the engineering department. the onsite interview went pretty well and they were understanding and knowledgeable. It last for about an hour and I think I was comfortable to talk and converse with them.

Interview Questions

• What past projects mostly stood out to you?
      Technical questions were asked about my background. Be prepared to explain in detail about it.   Answer Question

Lean Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentair.

Interview

Phone screen then invited in for a in person interview. The "hiring manager" was clearly not a people person and the interview was a bore. But I wasn't expecting much when "graduated college, did leadership program" was how the person got to where they were at, instead of earning their position through the natural progression of entry level job and promotions. All too common and explains the many failures within this industry. I have years of manufacturing production experience + floor leadership and know how a shop floor works, something these spoonfed "leadership program" graduates would never understand, so why put them in positions where they lead the people who know better?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pentair?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair in October 2016.

Interview

A got a LinkedIn InMail from a recruiter asking if I or anyone I knew would be interested in a marketing manager position. I asked the recruiter for the job description. After looking at the description, I told the recruiter I would like to apply and emailed my resume. The recruiter set up a phone interview with my would-be manager/director for the following week.

I really enjoyed my first phone interview. It lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. It was very tactical. I discussed a lot of digital marketing tactics and tools with the director. We seemed to think very much alike and at the end of the interview he even asked me if to save two days on my calendar the following week for a possible in-person interview at their headquarters. I said, "Sure thing," and then didn't hear anything for two days.

Since I didn't hear anything, I reached to the recruiter, telling him the director told me to save two days for a potential in-person interview. The recruiter said I needed to do a conference call with two other team members (both managers). We set up a time. A day or so before the conference call, the recruiter said that I'd need to talk to one manager one day and the other the next. I agreed.

My phone interview with the first manager/team member was OK. It took a little over an hour. The individual seemed more concerned with going over my resume and asking me really general questions. In fact, they didn't seem sure what to ask me, so they kept asking me if I had any questions for them.

The next day I got ready for my third phone interview. I jumped on the conference line and kept waiting for the other manager to join. After three minutes I thought, "Where is this guy?" Almost as soon as that thought crossed my mind, I saw I had an email from the recruiter. It said: "Sorry for the short notice but we are cancelling your additional interviews for this position. We are going to pursue other candidates who we feel more closely match the position requirements."

So, I never even got to talk to this third individual. I found it to be quite unprofessional to have me wait on a conference line, only to cancel my interview after it should have already started.

If I had to rate my experience based on my initial interaction with the recruiter and the first phone interview, I would have said it was positive (regardless of whether I got the offer), but based on how generic the second phone interview was and the fact that I didn't even get the chance to talk to this third person, I would say it was negative and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Do you use personas where you currently work?
      How would you design a campaign to generate leads?
      What is pixeling and how would you apply pixeling to promote Pentair products/services?
      Have you successfully monitored the competition and what were your recommended counter measures?   Answer Question