Pentair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pentair Interview Questions

Interviews at Pentair

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Interview

inspectors, contractors and other vendors as required
    • Provide regulatory and code expertise on issues pertaining to pipeline operations and maintenance
    • Provide engineering expertise for equipment, day-to-day operations and maintenance of the pipelines
    • Respond to field, management and technical requests as required
    As this position is identified as safety and/or security sensitive, employment of a final candidate will be conditional upon completion of pre-employment medical, drug/alcohol, drivers abstract, employment verification and criminal background check assessments with satisfactory results.

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pentair.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn (I was in top 10% for my skills matching the description) as well as thier corporate site. A recruiter then reached out to schedule a phone interview, but this the point where it all goes downhill. When speaking with the recruiter something seemed off because none of the questions pertained to the job description. I asked for an outline of the position and to my surprise, it was for a different role that was more entry-level than what I applied for (I have 10+ years of relevant experience) and did not fit my skillset. What's criminal is that it appears they have not filled the original position I applied (and was a good match) for.

International Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moorpark, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Moorpark, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

After they review your application someone from HR contacts you to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. You then get a call from the hiring manager on the date and time agreed upon with the HR person. The hiring manager tells you about the position you are applying for and ask you and then schedules an interview. Your are first interviewed by the hiring manager. After the interview with the manager you are then interviewed by the associates in the department you are applying for. The department is divided into two groups so you have two interviews in which they ask you many of the same questions.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pentair.

Interview

Applied online and didn’t hear anything for 2-3 weeks. When they did reach out, it was to let me know they passed on my application. No reason provided and wasn’t even given a chance for phone or face to face interview.

Lead Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pentair (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

I did apply directly with the company and after a few weeks, I heard back to start the process.
    Had 4 rounds of interviews, met with 6 people total for over 2 months and prior to the last step, they called and said a re-org is in place and the opening is being pushed back for a while.

Excuse me? Didn't you know such thing prior to starting the process?
    If the Senior Management is isolated from HR Operations, then there is a serious problem with the org.

Glad, I didn't start the job because with such change, one could be sent home right after they get hired.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Cary, NC) in October 2019.

Interview

Phone, webinar, and face to face interviews. Extensive conversations with corporate recruiter who was very helpful and personable. Remainder of the company not so much. Reasons cited for offer not being extended included that I stated I lean conservative politically. Pretty sure that is illegal. Panel interview included extensive questions regarding my experience yet panel repeatedly stated individually that is my job or that is my responsibility. In other words, panel interview felt very much like an inquisition to find reasons not to hire candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • During a panel interview it came up that I lean conservative and that was cited as the reason a job offer was not extended.   Answer Question

Pentair Response

Dec 3, 2019 – Recruiting Operations Specialist

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Pentair is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all, and we will look into this matter.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair in September 2019.

Interview

Quite the process, but I suppose that is a good thing! I believe I had 4 separate phone interviews followed up with meeting about 8 people in person for the position.

Phone interviews were all pretty standard, with one getting into a little more of the details.
    The in person interview was good. Started with a plant tour (always nice) and then a one on one meeting. From there two separate panel interviews occurred with various individuals from the company.

Some of the questions were STAR based, others were just driving conversation to get to know myself as well as allow me to know them. All in all not too bad.

Only major complaint I have was that it took almost a month to finally hear back on next steps following the interview. Was not a speedy process at all. Again, if you want to make sure the candidate is a good fit however, maybe that is part of the reason.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you were in where you were tasked with doing something that went against your morals? What was the situation and how did you proceed?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover Park, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Hanover Park, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

Very similar experience as the other reviewers on this site. Pentair HR contacted me, I had several rounds of interviews, and then was completely ghosted. Zero response to my follow ups and inquiries on next steps. You’d think after the time both sides invested in the interviews, there would be some minimum standard of respect - but no. The HR person completely blew me off.

As my friends and professional contacts (who I’ve told all about the negative experience at Pentair) have said - I dodged a bullet. Imagine how Pentair treats its employees once they’ve joined - if they have such blatant bad behavior towards candidates?

I’d recommend if they contact you - as they did me - politely decline and move onto the next company. It’s not worth the frustration and being “ghosted”.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, walk me through your experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

Interview

Applied online via their careers site. An HR rep reached out to me for dates and times available. I replied within 2 hours. Like other people who have provided a review, the HR rep ignored me for a week. I reached out twice after my first interaction then wrote them off as likely never to respond. Out of then blue the HR rep responded and scheduled an appointment on a date and time that I didn't ask for, but what are you going to do? She called me, late for our phone interview. She didn't know much about the position and wasn't prepared for our call. At the close of the interview she told me that she would be in touch by the middle of the next week, which I knew was untrue (and I was correct). Never heard from them again.
    Honestly, not sure I'd want to work for a company who has this disorganized of an HR team. These are the same people responsible for your payments and benefits! Yikes.

Interview Questions

• Salary requirements; tell me about your background; standard phone interview questions. Again, my rep didn't know anything about the position anyway so she didn't have many unique questions.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentair (Houston, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

Interviewed by a professional. He did not know the details of the position he was interviewing . Seemed like he was just reading down a list and tried to steer some of my answers in another direction.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Houston, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

Went through several stages of interviews (all via phone) with various people within organization. Initially job posted location being in several cities but they eventually changed locations in the process of interviewing. Interviewed with the recruiter, region mgr and Sales Mgr. Was told I’d get a chance to get passed on to hiring mgr. So surprised to get an email letting me know that I was no longer being considered. I’d interviewed previously with them for another role and also got the run around with location for posted job changing during the actual interview process. This company is completely disorganized and quite disfuncional that they have no idea what they want when they post a job. I would expect a long process for getting hired and be dissatisfied when they actually do offer you a role.

Interview Questions

• They ask the normal situational questions. they sell mostly with dealers so most questions arise in how you would deal with them.   Answer Question