Pentair Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 166 of over 166 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentair (Kansas City, KS) in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview was a thirty minute phone interview. Not too formal but the second one in the process. It started off with basic questions and eventually led to questions about my work ethic and character. To conclude the interview the interviewer asked me if I had any questions. I asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you had to work as a team.
    1 Answer
  • What attracted you to engineering in general?
  • Tell me a little about yourself
  • What are your hobbies and interests?

Pentair

Application

I interviewed at Pentair

Interview

Good interview and people were nice. Took a assessment test which asked strange questions and interviewed online and thought it went well but no offer. Not sure what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Apex, NC) in Jun 2021

Interview

Three stages, facilitated through a very helpful contact. First two were on phone, third on video call. First was basic info with HR contact, second was with position of authority regarding stereotypical interview questions, third was a 3 hour panel that got more technical

Interview Questions
  • What was one good deed you've done recently?

Pentair

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentair in Jun 2021

Interview

There have been 2 phone interviews scheduled where I did not receive a call ~ ghosted on the phone interview. I emailed the contact 10 minutes into the first one. She apologized for "missing our appointment" and could reschedule, which she did about 10 days later and then never called again. Really strange.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Raleigh, NC) in May 2021

Interview

First was the initial phone screen, followed by the hiring manager phone interview. I believe they have a more in-depth interview with the hiring manager as a 3rd round, and a phone interview with other team members as well, but I didn't make it that far.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Pentair? Why are you looking to move on from your current role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was extremely lengthy and included debrief conversations with the hiring manager between every step. A lot of interview questions focused on dealing with conflict. This was a very involved process for a seemingly junior level role.

Interview Questions
  • How many requisitions do you usually work on at a time? Tell me about a time a search didn't go the way you'd initially planned. What are your core values?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Milwaukee, WI) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was long and repetitive. Over the course of about 8 weeks I had meetings with about 8 different people. Sometimes doubling back to meet with a hiring manager. Overall the communication between interviewers seemed to be missing. Towards the end of the process the recruiter shared information that suggested it was very likely I would get the position, but in the end they went with an internal candidate because she had more event planning experience, which was brought up only once ever during the entire process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pentair (Chandigarh) in Mar 2021

Interview

3 round of technical interview. 1st round was normal tech interview. 2nd round was more of a situational interview. 3rd round was combination of all of the above plus HR. All the rounds were held 1 day at a time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pentair (Chicago, IL)

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, then video interview with panel, hiring manager, and HR. I thought it unprofessional when hiring manager did not activate his video during his portion of 3rd interview

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you identified an opportunity and what did you do to implement your idea?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pentair (Minneapolis, MN) in Jan 2021

Interview

Contacted by company recruiter. Had six total interviews asking the same questions over and over. From start to finish the process lasted 6 weeks. I am sure they miss out on many recruits because they lose faith in the whole process. There is cautious hiring and their is just unnecessary waste of a candidates time. Very long process and pretty much a waste of time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 166 Interviews