Pep Boys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Ventura, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

He asked me basic questions about why I wanted to be hired, why I was looking for a job, and why I chose Pepboys. Very relaxed and casual interview. If you're confident you'll get the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offered job instantly with promise of promotion in near future

Planning Analyst Interview

Interview

HR showed the facility including gym and cafe. It is really good!

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Austin, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

The disctrict manager found my resume floating around on careerbuilder.com He called me while I was at work to find out if I still needed a job. I met with the district manager at a Pep Boys Location for the interview. It was very easy and pleasant. He discussed the company and what they were looking for and asked me questions about what I was looking for.

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Tyler, TX).

Interview

The service manager had me complete an online quiz over simple customer service and math. After the quiz results were looked over by the manager, I was called back in to do a one on one interview. Times available to work, experience with automobiles and what I wanted to get/learn from the company was talked about. I really thought that the interview was more about my personality and how I might interact with other associates if hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to fix cars/ Can you work well on a computer? Describe your abilities in scheduling other associates. What are your abilities in selling products to customers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They'll start with a lower pay offer. Go up a little so that when you compromise on the rate of pay, you'll be happy.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online for an entry level general accounting position through the company website after finding the listing on Career Builder or a similar web page. I was contacted by phone from an employee in HR to arrange an in-person interview. My first round of interviews was with an HR manager, the department manager, and a department supervisor. I was called back a short time later for a second round of interviews, this time with the other department supervisor, and the Assistant Controller.
    The interviews were very basic. HR focused on why I was leaving my previous employer. The manager seemed to be focused on my ability to fit into the team. The first supervisor asked similar questions, and the second supervisor basically just did a line-item review of my resume. The Assistant Controller asked about my responsibilities at my previous employer, and also about how I felt that I would fit in.
    None of the questions were technical in nature, and they did not use the STARS interview process. Overall, the main focus seemed to be on personality and work ethic, which I thought was a good idea for an entry level position.
    Within a week I received a call to offer me the position, which I took.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The original offer was in the ballpark of what I anticipated for an entry level position.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Phila, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied for a position with the department. You have to fill out an online assessment and application. If you dont pass you dont get an interview. The assesment just tests your honesty etc.
    I arrived a 9am to meet with HR rep to interview. The corporate office is located in a ghetto off of Henry avenue. The parking lot is surrounded by barbed wire with a guard that waves to you as you drive by him.
    Once you park you enter a run down building that looks to have been an old mill. You check in with the guard and sit in a sparse lobby. I waited till 930 for my hr interview. They were apologetic for being late. They asked the general questions and sent me on my way to interview with VP of the department. The VP was very nice but was a very odd interview. He mostly talked about himself and his experiences at advance auto in an interesting southern drawl. I listened politely but decided this was not for me.

Interview Questions

• No tough questions - I just had to listen to old war stories   Answer Question

Run down building, bad part of Phila. Did not feel i was on the same page as the hiring VP

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Got hired on the spot. Straight forward questions. Questions were misleading. Benefits that i was told about, was not all true. Interview process was not long. Dressed up description of benefits to make you want to work for pep boys.

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Lake Worth, FL).

Interview

First interview was 30 minutes of paper work, then explanation of criminal back round and driving back round, then provided detailed answers for experience of each past job, then was asked if I had any questions and I had a few, then took a drug test. I was called back for second interview based on the results of my drug test and back round check. During second interview we went over days and hours of my availability, talked about rules and consequences of safety, then I took a short survey, then i waited for them to contact me to let me know if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Were do I see myself in 5 years   2 Answers

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Brought me in for my first interview, interivewer left immediatley and said there was a major problem they were dealing with at the moment. came back and it seemed like the interview went really well. Then he said that because of the problem i wasnt able to meet with the original second interviewer and so i met with one of the head honchos. I feel like this guy was trying to bust my balls and i didnt respond to it very well and i think that is why i didnt get the job offer. Im not sure if there was a problem or that was just their strategy for interviewing. for the cherry on top, the first guy i interviewed with told me he would let me know about their decision on the position. he never got back to me about it.

Interview Questions

• Second interviewer just really went over every detail of my past work experience   1 Answer

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pep Boys (Newport News, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

short. walked in asked when I could start talked about cars and past employment, walked around store and introduced to other employees. asked clothing sizes for uniforms and sent me home with a start date