Pepper Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pepper Construction

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pepper Construction (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

There was a set of interviews one day where the candidates all interviewed with 4 employees seperately. You can then advance to a final round to interview with an executive

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself that I cannot find out by reading your resume?   1 Answer

Assistant Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pepper Construction (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and an accountant I met referenced me to the HR. I received an email about setting up a phone call interview with the HR. We set a date and time and had a 30 minute phone interview. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview in the Chicago Office. They allowed me to set a date while I was on break from school over winter. The in-person interview was with a Project Coordinator and lasted about an hour. Received a phone call the next day with an offer and was given 4 weeks to decide. I said yes in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach someone who has worked in the company/industry for over 20 years about a mistake they made and the solution you think would fix the mistake?   1 Answer
    • What is your ideal team to work with?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your best work team experience and your worst.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the sort of things you did at your internship   Answer Question

Assistant Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pepper Construction (Barrington, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Applying to Pepper was very simple. Easy to access the website and the HR Department was very good at communicating with me during the whole application process. Was brought in for an interview with the Hiring Manger and VP of the department I applied to. It was a casual conversation regarding my experience and the job description/day-to-day life at Pepper. Was offered a job 2 weeks later and given time to consider all other options which was very considerate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the starting salary/benefits of the position.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pepper Construction (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

During the interview I spoke with two different employees. The first one was the HR director who was very friendly and easy to talk with. Next up was the vice president of the self perform division. He was more interested in my experience and my previous jobs. He also walked me through more of the operations of the company and their culture.

Interview Questions

• When in a situation that you do not know all of the information how do you make an executive decision.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pepper Construction (Barrington, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

To start, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. I prepared as much as I could, and after about 25 minutes, the hiring manager asked me to come in for an interview. I didn't even have a chance to ask questions, which is a good thing. I saved them for the face to face meeting.

That meeting took place 5 days later and went very well. I met with one other Director.

I had two other phone interviews the following week with a VP and a Director. Offer came three days later.

Interview Questions

• One question was that I was asked to provide a simple strategy
      Another was a question about a current issue they were having, and how I would handle it.   Answer Question

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pepper Construction (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Interviewing at Pepper was very disappointing. I was expecting a high level of professionalism. Instead, I interviewed with an inexperienced HR generalist who read a few outdated questions off a piece of paper (along the lines of "what do you want to improve about yourself?"), then had the audacity to roll her eyes at my answers. At no point did she ask me anything about my experience or hard skills, and never asked any clarifying questions to help determine my ability to contribute to the team. It seemed as though she had a preconceived vision of her ideal candidate and wasn't interested in anyone who didn't already fit perfectly into that mold. Ironically, I was drawn to Pepper's commitment to training. Unfortunately, they don't necessarily seem to be looking for trainable people.

Interview Questions

• What is something you'd like to improve about yourself?   Answer Question