Percolate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Percolate

2.7

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY).

Interview

One day after submitting my application and cover letter to the company's careers site, I received an email from a recruiter saying that they would like to get on a phone call to discuss my fit at the company. For the first phone call, I hadn't heard anything 10 minutes after our scheduled time so I sent the recruiter an email. As a response, she told me that she had just come out of a meeting and asked to reschedule. I understood and rescheduled for another day in the same week. 10 minutes before the second (rescheduled) phone call, the recruiter emailed me saying that she had just gotten back from a "work-related" lunch and needed to reschedule. I acquiesced to her requests once more. The third interview played out similarly to my expectations--30 minutes after the scheduled time, and my recruiter was M.I.A. -- except not even an email (this time) to at least try and justify her actions.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I went through the process and it was one of the most smooth and transparent interviews I’ve ever been through. I met with one of the executives and the session was built around the realities of the company which I appreciated very much.

I’ve also had a chance to review the health care benefits and I have to say they are very strong in terms of coverage and how much Percolate covers so the premiums aren’t too high especially for a family.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a scenario in which you had to convince a prospect they had a problem that they were not aware of.   Answer Question

Senior Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Incredibly professional, gracious folks. Basically, came in via Hired, went through usual HR screen which was a perky marketing call. Then a tech screen as a 45m Zoom call with 1 frontend dev (notably a BootCamp type thus honed on relevant coding) and the Executive Developer who were super gracious as I didn't know the ES6 answers they wanted as the role is actually Senior ES6 Developer to be specific. Could've used the tech stack such detail earlier.

Interview Questions

• ES6 solely, go hard with the pair programming (run as a stricter interview since pair partner was mute) to discuss how you code in ES6.   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate in March 2019.

Interview

Q+A, followed by logistics. Interviewer gave plenty of time for answers and for any questions I had. Some of the questions asked included, failures you’ve learned from, adversity’s you’ve had to overcome

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (Denver, CO) in February 2019.

Interview

The entire interview process was one of the most thoughtful interviews I've experienced, from HR, to engineers, and leadership.

I first spoke with HR (Lauren) who told me about the company and gave me an overview of the application process (which was spot on). She did a great job communicating and following up with me during the entire application, which looked like:

* 1st round - technical screen share with an engineer - My interviewer asked a lot of technical questions that ranged from simple one-line questions to a bit more architectural questions. We used an online IDE for some coding exercises. A lot of us in tech have imposter syndrome and I felt this interview style worked really well to make sure that a candidate doesn't feel discouraged since you'll probably get a few of these answers correct. I really liked the way the interviewer communicated and asked questions.
    * 2nd round - A couple hours of technical screen sharing w/ different pairs of engineers where we used an online IDE for more technical questions. The engineers were really friendly and I got the feeling they wanted to know how you think and communicate over whether you got an answer 100% correct (because I certainly missed the mark on some of my design decisions). The engineers I had were really empathetic and I hope I get to work with them in the future.
    * 3rd round - I spoke with (who would have been) my team lead and with engineering leadership (director and CTO). They already thought about the role and what project I'd be working on (again, very thoughtful). They wanted to make sure I was learning something new and growing as an engineer.
    * They made a great offer, but I ended up declining because I had a similar offer (but with more engineers on-site for my location, which was a huge deciding factor for me).

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

By far the worst interview process I've experienced.

For one, the onsite lasted only 2.5 hours, with 30 minutes of that time dedicated to getting settled and answering standard HR questions about start date, salary, etc.

The two hours that comprised the main portion of the interview included two coding sessions.

The first session tested ability to build a straightforward React component, then layered in a question about adding a debounce method.

The second coding session was essentially just a test of the candidate's ability to use JS promises in uncommon ways.

Short of a complete failure to write basic working code, it seems unlikely that these two tests could possibly yield enough information about a candidate to make a full assessment; especially given the limited scope of the second test.

Additionally, three of the four engineers that interviewed me came across as either condescending or uninterested in the interview. One interviewer literally scowled at me with his head tilted to the side for the entire session.

Finally, I received a rejection notice within an hour of the interview's end.

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Started with a short coding exercise that was not too hard and took a fair amount of time to code up.

One 30 minute phone interview, one onsite interview with an hour round of coding and technical questions with two Backend Engineers and a 30 min conversation with the Director of Engineering.

Scheduling for the interview was flexible and I received timely responses from the recruiter. Everyone was very friendly and hospitable and I got a good vibe while at Percolate.

I admittedly needed more experience and I felt that they gave a very fair evaluation.

Interview Questions

• A round of short Python coding exercises involving basic datatypes. A few questions about databases, OOP and its application to real websites. Know your databases! (SQL especially)

Talk with director was about goals and learning more about the candidate and reviewing their resume.   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

There was one initial phone screen with HR, a follow up take home technical assessment, an onsite set of interviews with four different engineers, and a final interview with the VP of engineering. From the onset I was given an impression of genuine warmth and enthusiasm from every employee I encountered, several of which I informally approached on LinkedIn to ask about their experience at Percolate. The technical assessment definitely reflected the esteem they hold for engineers to operate autonomously. I really appreciated the opportunity to demonstrate my ability to implement a MVP instead of whether or not I'd memorized the bubble sort algo. Discussing my solutions with the other engineers drove home my impression that what they cared about most of all was the integrity of the technology and the wellbeing of their staff.

Interview Questions

• Given a miniature app built in a legacy framework, recreate a functionally identical application in their more current front-end framework.   1 Answer

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Percolate (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

This is the first company I interviewed for that had a very personal interview rather than a cookie cutter one. The first round after speaking to the hr was an algorithm round but I liked that I was first given a small algorithm and then asked to build on top of that that really tested my javascript skills and was totally apt for the role I was applying for. After that was an onsite where I met the engineers I will be working with and some senior engineers. The onsite rounds involved going over my background and a coding session in React. Again this was appropriate for the position I was interviewing for. All the people I spoke to were very friendly and welcoming. Thoroughly enjoyed the process and talking to the team.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The process is built to determine skills, team fit, organizations fit, and commitment. It's important to have the scrappiness necessary for a startup and the discipline necessary for a scaling organization.

Interview #1: Phone screen with HR.
    Interview #2: Phone interview with the head of the function
    Interview #3: In person interview with the team and key stakeholders.
    Assignment: I was given an assignment that is
    Interview #4: The final interview was with the leadership

Interview Questions

• Describe the product marketing framework that you use.   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience with competitive intelligence.   1 Answer