Percolate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed in the middle of open office. Interviewer was disinterested and dismissed me right away. He abruptly ended the interview and told me I was not a fit for the position.

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY).

Interview

- The process was extremely efficient.
    - The recruiter was responsive and available for any questions/concerns during the entire process.
    - The expectations for the role were clearly and accurately outlined in all of my interviews.
    - My final round interview with the CEO was the least intimidating interview I had ever been in with a high level executive, which spoke volumes to me.

Interview Questions

• Situational/Behavioral Question on how I would handle a tough scenario.   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY).

Interview

-The recruiting team was very professional and promptly responded to all my inquiries.

- Expectations of the role were clearly defined

- I spoke with few members of the recruiting team as well as the CEO. They were friendly and easy to talk to.

I had the best candidate experience!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY).

Interview

Very professional HR department.
    Had an phone interview with a member of the team.
    In-person onsite interview with other engineer of the same team.
    A video call with senior engineers and VP. Followed by in person meet with the CEO next day.

Interview was blend of technical and system level architectural questions.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure & Algorithms, Time Complexities, Webservices, HTTP methods   Answer Question

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website and I received an email the next day asking to schedule a phone interview with one of the recruiters. At the end of the phone interview, they asked me to come in and meet the VP of Client Solutions. Again, at the end of the interview, he told me he wanted me to take next steps. A week later I was supposed to meet with 3 people, but only met with 2 due to a schedule conflict. The next day I received a message that I hadn't made it to the next round. Everyone was extremely friendly in the process and seemed positive about my experience and answers, so I was a little shocked.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Percolate?
      What social media platforms do you use? What don't you like about them?
      Why shouldn't we hire you?
      Is there something I should know about your resume/experiences?
      Tell me what you know about the job (after meeting with a few people already)   1 Answer

Client Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I believe I first got the idea to apply to Percolate via Angel List (I'd also attended one of their speakeasy's in 2012, which is how I first heard about Percolate.) I applied directly on Percolate's website, and about 3 weeks later was contacted by their internal recruiter for a phone interview. He was about 10-15 minutes late, but then called and we had a nice conversation. After that the process moved very quickly. I had an in person interview roughly 3-4 days later in the office, and then came back for two more in-person interviews with other members of the CS team, and also had a final interview with the co-founder. Everyone was very nice and approachable, from the people at the front of the office to the interviewers themselves. In between interviews 2 and 3, I was sent a short case study write up that listed a variety of client scenarios, as well as information about various features. I was given the weekend to do it and it took some time but was very manageable.

Interview Questions

• "Give us a reason we shouldn't hire you?" (I had two people ask me that!)   1 Answer

Negotiation

About a week after my final interview, I got an email from the head of my team asking to hop on the phone to discuss the offer. After that I got an offer letter, accepted, talked a bit to the recruiter about benefits, and then sent in and signed the papers early the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Percolate (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A recruiter for the company found me on LinkedIn. There were multiple phone calls with various members of the marketing team, after an initial screen from a hiring manager at their small workspace downtown. More than one of the interviewers were based in NYC and recruiting for the SF office (not yet built at this point).

Interview Questions

• Mainly about overall experience with their own and other types of marketing software, as well as what kinds of campaigns I had worked on and how they were proven. Very results-oriented, and would have brought the data with me had I known that was going to be explicitly asked of me.   1 Answer

Client Solutions Manager Interview

Interview

Shockingly horrible! After a reasonably pleasant phone screening with the recruiter (that was full of inaccurate information from their sales pitch, but that's their job I guess), I was set up to have a phone interview with the hiring manager for Client Solutions. I wanted to work with his very busy schedule, so I took a 7 am call my time since he was 3 hours ahead. From the second he got on the phone and grumbled hello with zero pleasantries, I knew he did not want to be on the phone and did not want to be conducting this interview. This is very off-putting for a potential employee. Especially since that team has pretty bad reviews on Glassdoor to begin with.

He continued to ask very few, but very lame interview questions such as, "What are you bad at?" and "Why should I NOT hire you?" That was basically it! Was this a joke? Nope. I was just relieved to get off the phone and get as far away from this company as possible.

Client Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, I was contacted by the recruiter a day later, then I had three interviews and I had to submit a written test. The first interview lasted 20 min, the second one was a little bit better and lasted 40 min, the last one with the founder/ceo was odd he was 20 minutes late, asked me non-related work questions and didn't allow me to ask him anything because he didn't have time.

Client Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Percolate.

Interview

One year ago, I interviewed for a client solutions manager role at Percolate. The interview process was pretty long, but efficient - I ended up interviewing a total of four times, talking to around seven people for the job. Long story short: I didn't get the job, and while I was disappointed, I was okay with it, as the people I interviewed with seemed incredibly smart, and I could only assume that the job was incredibly competitive.

Fast forward to a year later. I've been agency hopping, and applying at jobs at Percolate whenever they pop up. I got an e-mail about the job I applied for the previous year, as Percolate's been scaling up and they wanted to hire 1-2 more people for this role. I took a phone interview, and then received radio silence from the associate level talent person. After sending a second follow-up nearly three weeks after our initial chat, I got an automated Jobvite moments later telling me I wasn't a fit for the role, despite the fact I was sought out.

All in all: I'm still sure Percolate is full of smart people, but the whole up-and-down experience felt more cruel and unusual than your typical rejection.

Advice to potential interviewees: silence is BAD when it comes to Percolate. After each of my interviews, talent would follow-up immediately to set up the next round of interviews. The first time around, it took them over a month to get around to "rejecting" me formally.