Percolate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2018

2.7

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Percolate (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

This is the first company I interviewed for that had a very personal interview rather than a cookie cutter one. The first round after speaking to the hr was an algorithm round but I liked that I was first given a small algorithm and then asked to build on top of that that really tested my javascript skills and was totally apt for the role I was applying for. After that was an onsite where I met the engineers I will be working with and some senior engineers. The onsite rounds involved going over my background and a coding session in React. Again this was appropriate for the position I was interviewing for. All the people I spoke to were very friendly and welcoming. Thoroughly enjoyed the process and talking to the team.

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The process is built to determine skills, team fit, organizations fit, and commitment. It's important to have the scrappiness necessary for a startup and the discipline necessary for a scaling organization.

Interview #1: Phone screen with HR.
    Interview #2: Phone interview with the head of the function
    Interview #3: In person interview with the team and key stakeholders.
    Assignment: I was given an assignment that is
    Interview #4: The final interview was with the leadership

Interview Questions

• Describe the product marketing framework that you use.   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience with competitive intelligence.   1 Answer

Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

HR screening, 45 minute interview, in-person interview. All pretty standard interview questions, received timely feedback from recruiter and everyone was very hospitable and friendly during the on-site visit. The office was very cool, open floor plan with good vibes.

Interview Questions

• If I were to ask your previous manager where you can improve as an employee, what would he/she say?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Lengthy process stretched over 6-8 weeks. Good in the start but disappointing in the end. Last round with presentation was not what I had expected- there was hardly any questions asked and there was lack of interest even before the presentation started. They took over a week for the decision and provided NO reason for the rejection. After such a long process the least one could do is provide an honest and fair feedback and not the plain old textbook copy paste!

Director of Product Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY).

Interview

The Percolate team was very transparent about the process, didn't wait too long between phases and highly communicative. They were also great about responding to queries and being flexible about scheduling times when needed. Everyone I met was professional and easy to speak to.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were especially difficult or surprising, given the role I was interviewing for. They were realistic and geared toward understanding how I think and whether or not I'd be a good fit.   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Incredibly friendly team! From the first email contact I had with their team, everyone was professional and friendly! They were very available via email, and prompt with responses to scheduling requests.

The interview process itself consisted of an initial coding challenge, followed by a video call interview with live coding, then an onsite interview with four engineers (two management level, and two mid/entry level), and finally culminated with a video call with the VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions regarding high level system design, SQL design, SQL queries, algorithms (quicksort variant in specific), and questions to probe my knowledge of Python data structures and the Python standard library.   Answer Question

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Organized and professional company in the way they conduct the interview process. There was good communication throughout. I was referred by an existing employee and had an initial call with hiring manager who clearly outlined the role, expectations and opportunities. I was given a reasonable coding challenge and was given some flexibility on the submission time due to some previous time commitments. The coding challenge was reviewed and then I had a video interview with an engineer who had reviewed my code. I was then scheduled for an on-site interview. I was provided ahead of time, via email, with a schedule of who I would be talking to, and their role in the company. The first two interview sessions were with engineers, 2 engineers in each session. There were a couple of algorithm questions, but the main focus was on problem solving approaches of past projects, and how to approach some realistic hypothetical problems. I then had 3 more interviews with the hiring manager, the VP of Engineering, and the internal recruiter. Overall, great communication, prompt responses to questions, and attention to detail.

Interview Questions

• How did you implement the data pipeline for project X. Why did you use technology X for feature Y.   Answer Question

Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I went through the recruitment process for several companies at the same time and I can say, hands down, that Percolate had the most thoughtful hiring process -- from the first contact to on-site and beyond. Everyone was professional and courteous. Special applause to the recruiting team who kept me engaged every step of the way. When it came to comparing offers, it was already a no-brainer. They really mean it when they claim they are a "thoughtful technology company."

Interview phases:
    - First contact, through an online recruitment platform. Initial screening phone call to align experience and expectations.
    - Coding challenge, a take-home assignment, that can be reasonably finished in a few hours. Flexible with due date.
    - Technical interview via online video chat with an engineer.
    - Onsite has 5 sessions: 1 with hiring manager, 2 technical sessions (1 hr long with 2 interviewers each session), 1 wrap-up session with recruiter. Expect standard data structure/algo/system design questions based on real-world problems they are solving. They kept the questions very practical (i.e. not trying to trick you)
    - Video chat with VP of engineering for culture fit and expectation alignment.
    - Offer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process with Percolate was one of the best I've been a part of. I was contacted the day that I applied online to complete an exercise that mirrored the daily function of the position. Afterwards I had a phone screen with an HR representative that covered my background and interest in Percolate/the position. I was asked to come into the office for an in person right after the phone screen and a couple days later I came into the office to meet with two employees who I'd be working with daily. The interview was mostly behavioral but turned into more of a conversation and was very relaxed. After feedback from the interview, I was scheduled to meet the head of the department and VP from People for a 2nd in-person interview. Both were just as casual as the first time time I went into the office and they both wanted to make sure Percolate was a fit for me. Within a couple days, I received a great offer from the company which I accepted. Overall, the process was quick and as stress free as possible.

Senior Manager, Implementations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Percolate (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I've been in the HCM industry for close to 18yrs, working with HR professionals in all parts of the employee lifecycle (Hire to Retire). Percolate's recruiting process was excellent. Even though I did not get an offer, I am really impressed with Percolate and my recruiter. The experience was natural and more of a conversation than an interview. The team I met with were engaged through out all of the discussions.

If this is the experience during the hiring process, I can only imagine what it would be like to work at Percolate.

GREAT JOB!!

Interview Questions

• Describe the implementation methodologies you are familiar with.   Answer Question