Percolate Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Percolate CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Awesome office, awesome people, great product, passionate clients" (in 9 reviews)

• "Strong, fun community filled with smart, inspiring, and hard-working colleagues" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Do not believe in any work life balance" (in 11 reviews)

• "I would also like to address the prior comment on here about a hard fast paced environment" (in 6 reviews)

"A Mature Review of an Exciting Company!"

I have been working at Percolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great group of smart, fun people to work with.
    - The product looks BEAUTIFUL and it's easy to use.
    - The market is starting to recognize the need for this solution.
    - The company is maturing.
    - The Executive leadership team is clicking along nicely.

Cons

- Sometimes the messaging from leadership is not entirely clear nor timely. That has improved greatly with our new CEO, Randy, and our company scoreboard.

- The aggressive product development we are pursuing means we have more bugs than we'd like. The product and support teams are doing a great job of identifying and correcting those.

- During my time here, I've seen a lack of holding people responsible. I've noticed improvement in this area and increased transparency can help further.

Advice to Management

- Keep making progress on transparency and the company scorecard.
    - Push the sales organization to mature and to adopt more of a standardized selling process.
    - Realize that people have certain skills and allow them to practice those without throwing random, unrelated tasks at them.
    - Identify your top performers and make sure they understand they are valued.

"Some of the best people!"

I worked at Percolate full-time

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with, hands down. From day one, everyone was so welcoming and supportive. The NY office is very casual and fun. Many of the people I worked with during my time here are now close friends. It really is like a little family.

Cons

Leadership has been shaky at times. While I was there, we had some turnover at the exec level with little warning, but I do think the changes were necessary. It does create some uncertainty for people though. I've talked to employees who are still there that have said communication has improved tremendously with the new CEO, but there is still some work to be done. Turnover is still a bit high.

Advice to Management

Keep on acknowledging the past and learning from it. I think Percolate has a bright future and I really enjoyed my time there. Wishing the company all the best.

3. "Solid + okay"

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

Great people.
    Decent work-life balance.
    New CEO is providing much needed direction and leadership.
    Great coffee, lunch on Wednesdays and decent breakfast options.

Cons

Benefits are very ok and expensive considering our limited options. I am not expecting packages like more well known companies, but we aren't even competitive. HR is supposedly addressing during next open enrollment.
    Limited opportunities for growth internally. There is really no where to go.
    We can't seem to keep people. I understand we are hiring, but it would be great if we could keep the exceptional people we have brought on board.
    Your title and comp may change, but your work remains the same.
    Product and tech lack innovation and is not very cutting edge.
    We are not very well known; seems counterintuitive when we are trying to create a new category and no one has heard of us.
    Lack of diversity. We can boast our employee population is 50% women, but we have a very, very, very small pool of leaders/decision-makers that are not white and/or male. Our two female executives do not have much presence in the org. As a woman, that's a crushing disappointment.
    While I like the people I work with, I would hesitate to recommend a friend simply because there are so many other more interesting companies to work for.
    Company culture is not great and it's a direct reflection of the lack of leadership participation.
    Zero contribution to the local communities.

Advice to Management

I can only speak for myself but I don't find our executive team (outside of Randy) to be very inspiring or even passionate.

"Challenging and Fun"

I have been working at Percolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Percolate for nearly 2 years and love it! Everyday I'm excited to come to work because I know I'll have opportunities to do something new and something I've never done before. The people are fun and the company has an amazingly positive, "can-do" spirit. Everyone is willing to help to get a job done. I've grown more confident than ever that we are heading in the right direction with our product and strategy and I look forward to seeing where we will be two years from now.

Cons

We are still in startup mode so the environment is fast paced and we change quickly and often. It can be exciting, but requires employees to be able to pivot and adjust to change quickly.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on developing the product

Jun 21, 2018 – People Operations

Love this review, mostly because you said we're fun! Kidding, in all honesty we'd be nothing without our employees. The hard work and dedication of our amazing employees is something we most proud... More

"Great People, Fun & Challenging Work Environment"

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

Strong, fun community filled with smart, inspiring, and hard-working colleagues. Fun to have the opportunity to analyze areas we can grow & improve and have a true impact on influencing and executing thoughtful solutions.

Cons

Things can change a lot very quickly, so you have to be ready and able to pivot as needed.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on how to EXECUTE on company initiatives, be consistent, and stay true to our values.

Jun 14, 2018 – People Operations

Thanks for your review! We are fully committed to executing on thoughtful and impactful company initiatives. We will continue to solicit feedback and listen to ideas from our employees, because it's... More

"Fun place to be!"

I have been working at Percolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Percolate for a little over a year and so far love it! The people are amazing and my team is really supportive, especially my manager. I think the company has come a long way in the past year and I feel more confident than ever that we are heading in the right direction. We are also seeing a huge increase in communication between leadership and employees and that increased visibility is bringing more trust and confidence in our company. Very happy to be here!

Cons

We have lost some strong talent through all the changes that have occurred over the past year and change but that's to be expected. I think historically the company struggled with addressing some of the changes but I do see lots of improvement in that communication and more solidified plans on how we plan to move forward. It's very encouraging.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging people to be their best and be sure to listen! We all learn from each other and together will be able to do great things!

Jun 14, 2018 – People Operations

Really happy to hear your feedback! We love having employees who love being here, it makes the energy in the office that much better. We also are happy that you are feeling confident in the future of... More

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Percolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Really love the people
    -Strong company values
    -We have the right leadership in place
    -Noticeable different in the amount of communication across the company. Always feel like we're in the know
    -Leaders seem to really care about their employees and the future of the company

Cons

-Still some movement internally as things get more and more settled
    -We have some people who have been here for too long, feel they maybe are holding on the the "old Percolate"

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! The future here is very bright, glad to be a part of the team!

Jun 11, 2018 – People Operations

The future is bright and full of possibilities! It's employees like you who help make Percolate so great, glad to have you on board. As for those who are holding on to yesteryear, we hope they see... More

"Backend Engineer"

Former Employee - Backend Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Backend Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Percolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People. Fantastic Director of Engineering

Cons

The company was still pivoting around while I was there

May 30, 2018 – People Operations

While we'd love to be more modest here, we simple can't be. Our people are the best! They help make Percolate what we are today.

"All About the People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Percolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are extremely intelligent, driven, and really care about the business. Their connection to the culture, leadership team, and our mission is clear and helps during those times when the hours are long, and the work is challenging – we like a good challenge. As we continue to grow up, the leadership team have been humble enough to admit that they don’t know everything, showing this most recently with the hire of several new exec leaders to round out the team.

Cons

We are growing and when there is immense growth, there are pains associated with becoming a 'grown up' company. Percolate is right in the middle of that growing, which yields exiting times across the organization. Leaders are doing their best in preparing for the change with changes to structure, processes, and simply put ‘how we get things done.’

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and know that the commitment you've made to transparency and making sure employees are involved in what is going on internally is not going unnoticed.

Maintain focus and have patience; as the company grows. We need to ensure that we continue to invest for the long run as well as driving for short term results.

Keep bringing it back to our mission! It will keep us on the path.

May 21, 2018 – People Operations

Our people are our greatest asset, so we totally agree. We are also glad to hear that the impact of smarter hiring is being felt across the organization. It's true that on the path to becoming a more... More

"Marketing"

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

Exciting time at the company. The company has a positive culture, good people, great product, collaborative culture, a strong vision and competent leadership

Cons

There is a hangover from colleagues that have been here a while due to previous organizational changes and pivots. That said, everyone is excited about the direction we are heading

May 9, 2018 – People Operations

We're equally excited for the future! We're also happy to hear you have had such a positive experience at Percolate so far, we hope the good times continue.