Percolate Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

208.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Percolate~695577
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are amazing and so are the meals provided by chef Kate!(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great culture(in 8 reviews)
  • "plenty of high quality coffee, food, and drink around the office(in 7 reviews)
  • "kind and smart colleague;(in 7 reviews)
  • "There is always something cool being built and everyone is engaged.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

G

Apr 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was hard work but worth it

Cons

Not paid enough wish to be paid more.

2. 5.0

Great company, better people

Apr 15, 2021 - Business Development Representative in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture was stellar, open door to upper management, CEO was often present in our NY office. Genuinely felt like you could talk to anybody and be treated with respect and decorum. The team-building was top-notch too, it was seriously a pleasure working there.

Cons

None really, the BDR role isn't exactly a cakewalk but Percolate incentivized us to come in and do our job well with perks, great benefits, unlimited PTO, and more.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Better than most, not as good as some

Apr 7, 2021 - Solution Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people - most of them are wonderful to work with. Leadership is pretty cool too.

Cons

Don't seem to have direction. Confusion about where the product is going.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Could do with more substance and less process

May 19, 2020 - Junior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great health plan. Welcoming for new employees.

Cons

High pressure to get code out the door.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Invest in your people- it goes a long way

Mar 26, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Extremely smart people on the business and product teams - Nice office space in Soho - Great client roster - Opportunity to move up on certain teams - Smart founders who understand the space and can clearly communicate the vision

Cons

- No appreciation for employees: we talk about a "Great culture" but the day to day says differently - No transparency or visibility in any capacity of the company; I've been there for a long time and have absolutely no idea the % of shares I own - People leave or get fired and no one is told about it so people walk around asking for this person without realizing they have left - Product is behind the market in many aspects - Sales environment is really, really bad. No leadership at all and you can feel the stress level every day. Feels like a Boiler Room type of environment. - A lot of talented people leaving the company

32 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good place to learn

Dec 26, 2019 - Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Percolate is a good place to learn software engineering. Because the product is very large and diverse in terms of features, there is a lot of opportunity to gain relevant experience in a lot of tools and technologies, regardless of whether you are in Frontend, Backend, Infrastructure etc.

Cons

Often times you may find yourself switching context when it comes to assigned work.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mature startup with fun people, relaxed culture

May 1, 2017 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly people. Lots of office events and group outings to blow off steam and socialize. Big enough that things have calmed down some and there's clearly defined process where there should be, but also small enough that there's not too much bureaucracy and there aren't rules just for the sake of having rules. The company is still experiencing growth and making a lot of money so need to worry about it running out of runway at least in the near term. It feels like everyone is on the same team and working together and across departments, not much politics. If you're scared off by the negative reviews from the past don't be, there was a low period for a little while after we cut down headcount to keep our burn rate under control, but the company's been growing stably since then. I joined after all that had already happened and have seen nothing but great things from Percolate.

Cons

Just the usual things you'd encounter when working in a smaller organization. If you need something from another part of the company you might have to be patient because everyone's trying to do as much as possible as quickly as possible but it's a young company so we don't have as many resources as we do aspirations. You might want really want something that'll make your team's life way easier by Q2 but have to wait until Q3 because some other priority came up, that sort of thing.

8 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Wonderful Experience

Aug 29, 2016 - Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was at Percolate for 2.5 years and it was amazing. I spent 1.5 years in the NYC office, then moved to SF to expand my team to the West Coast. I saw the company grow from 80 to 300, and the SF office grow from 5 to 50. It was an incredible growth experience. Pro: People The people at Percolate are wonderful. Everyone is very ambitious, smart, friendly and fun. The team will inspire you, and feel like family. It's awesome. Pro: Vision Noah and James are remarkable founders. Since the day I started, they've consistently shared and updated their vision. It's a solid vision and very inspiring. The company is very focused. Pro: Culture The founders care a lot about culture. From the beginning, they set out to create a work environment where employees can be ambitious, but also be healthy and happy. Everything from values posters to clubs highlight their commitment to culture. Pro: Product Led Since the beginning, the company has been design / product led. It's one of the company values. If you're a product person, you know this counts for a lot. Overall, I'd say Percolate is a fabulous place to work. I highly recommend it.

Cons

At this point, the company has a number of offices. Depending on your team and location, you may need to spend time on video chat. Although this is fine for many, it wasn't ideal for some. For me, it was a con.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 19, 2019 - Business Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing, hard-working, and smart.

Cons

Transparency and communication from the c-suite could be improved. Company allhands meetings were vague and pointless. Office typically empty due to flexible WFH leading to a not very lively environment

10. 5.0

Beautiful product, big ambitions

Feb 7, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Percolate is looking to define a category. The company wants to do for marketing what Salesforce did for sales and SAP did for manufacturing. The product is really beautiful and is widely used internally. Customers include the best and most recognizable brands in the world (both big and small). It's rewarding to see how customers use the product to create all kinds of marketing campaigns including out-of-home, film, events, print, digital, and social. Culturally, the company has a work hard, play hard vibe. There are dozens of employee organized clubs ranging from Wine Club to Space Club to Run Club and more. The founders value transparency. We have an all-company Monday morning meeting (over video) where different departments share information which many other companies wouldn't feel comfortable sharing (e.g. product roadmap, sales figures, board presentations). The company also has a Friday wins meeting (complete with cocktails) where people give shout outs to recognize other team members. The company lives up to its emphasis on brand. Company produced events and parties are awesome. Beautiful offices, quality swag, and seriously equipped coffee bar. People are smart and driven. They come from a variety of backgrounds including the top enterprise software companies and marketing agencies.

Cons

The company is growing quickly and has a move fast attitude. Great for people who like to move fast, iterate, and occasionally change direction. Not a great place for people who prefer the status quo.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 Reviews

Percolate Reviews FAQs

Percolate has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 160 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Percolate to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Percolate employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Percolate. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

63% of Percolate employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Percolate 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Percolate to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Percolate Job Seekers