Percolate Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Percolate CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Awesome office, awesome people, great product, passionate clients" (in 9 reviews)

• "It is an excellent SaaS company with a positive and bright future with room to grow your career" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Do not believe in any work life balance" (in 11 reviews)

• "I would also like to address the prior comment on here about a hard fast paced environment" (in 6 reviews)

1. "We've figured it out!"

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

2018 was a huge year for us! I have been a part of this company for almost 3 years now but this is truly the most excited and happy I've been working at Percolate.

- We've made some key hires this year including a new VP of HR & SVP of Sales.
    - We released Percolate Next and continue to develop new product features.
    - The company revamped our employee benefits for next year.
    - Our People Ops and leaderships teams made great strides in developing a career path strategy and structure that will surely help retain our talent.
    - We have some aggressive future goals but finally have clear direction and great leaders driving the company forward.

Cons

- Need to provide middle management with better tools and training around people management and leadership.

Dec 17, 2018 – People Operations

Thanks for your review! What's really exciting to read is that you've been at Percolate for almost 3 years and this is the happiest you've been while working here. Seems the company is maturing, like... More

"Challenging and Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Percolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm able to work with some great individuals who not only "bleed orange" but believe in supporting their team members (even if they don't work in the same team).
    The executive team seems to be transparent and open with how/what we're doing as a company across all departments.
    And unlimited PTO!

Cons

Benefits are okay, but could be better/offer more options
    Retention could be better, but there's been a lot of improvement in growing talent internally

Oct 3, 2018 – People Operations

Unlimited PTO for the WIN!

We're also constantly amazed and humbled by the talent that walks through our doors. It's really great to see teammates supporting one another, as well as providing... More

"Lively Startup"

Pros

Young + energetic environment, solid growth opportunity.

Cons

Turnover in many positions across company.

Sep 6, 2018 – People Operations

Thanks for your review! We realize our attrition has been a bit higher than we'd like, but we also recognize why and have created several initiatives to help solve for it. Some of those are around... More

"We've found our niche"

I have been working at Percolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Collaborative and family-like culture
    - Scaling quickly with fun challenges along the way
    - New leadership is executing a great vision for the company and brings a lot of enterprise-level experience to the company
    - People and culture is a big focus this year

Cons

- Product niche is new and it's always a challenge to define and expand in a newer market
    - Past challenges with product definition and executive leadership
    - Benefits - both typical medical/vision and things like food in the office and wellness benefits - can be improved

Advice to Management

Keep executing on the great vision you've laid out for us in 2018 and make sure our benefits meet or exceed other companies so we can continue to add incredible people to our ranks. The groundwork is now built out and it's just a matter of operationalizing the plan.

Sep 6, 2018 – People Operations

Thanks for your review! We love that you are excited about the vision and about the addition of some strong, enterprise experienced leadership. It has created a very well rounded exec team... More

"Company is finding product market fit and maturity"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Percolate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Percolate has found a solid product offering that is resonating in the market. The company has finally settled on one thing to build after a couple years of soul searching. It has resulted in increased maturity and focus as the company has transitioned to an execution phase of its lifecycle.

I have witnessed many junior employees grow their careers and move to more prominent roles both here and elsewhere after leaving. I personally feel I have grown as an employee during my time here and have been exposed to meaningful challenges and growth opportunities.

Cons

Company was stagnant on hiring for a time period that resulted in some missing manpower to fuel the execution that is now needed. Priorities have been shifted appropriately and lots of hiring is underway but there remains a gap to fill.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the people you have and providing opportunities inside the company. Hire more junior employees and allow people to grow into roles over time instead of looking to the outside for more senior hires. The company has been more successful growing employees than it sometimes realizes.

"A Mature Review of an Exciting Company!"

I have been working at Percolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great group of smart, fun people to work with.
    - The product looks BEAUTIFUL and it's easy to use.
    - The market is starting to recognize the need for this solution.
    - The company is maturing.
    - The Executive leadership team is clicking along nicely.

Cons

- Sometimes the messaging from leadership is not entirely clear nor timely. That has improved greatly with our new CEO, Randy, and our company scoreboard.

- The aggressive product development we are pursuing means we have more bugs than we'd like. The product and support teams are doing a great job of identifying and correcting those.

- During my time here, I've seen a lack of holding people responsible. I've noticed improvement in this area and increased transparency can help further.

Advice to Management

- Keep making progress on transparency and the company scorecard.
    - Push the sales organization to mature and to adopt more of a standardized selling process.
    - Realize that people have certain skills and allow them to practice those without throwing random, unrelated tasks at them.
    - Identify your top performers and make sure they understand they are valued.

"Don't go down with the ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Percolate full-time

Pros

Snacks and the location of the office

Cons

Feels like a high school, people are very secretive and not open to collaboration.

Advice to Management

As much as you would like to maintain a startup culture, its beginning to hurt the ability of workers to get work done. Supervise more and instill discipline.

Aug 20, 2018 – People Operations

We're sorry to hear that your experience at Percolate was not what you had hoped for and wish we had a little more information from your review to respond in full. What we can say, however, is that... More

"Some of the best people!"

I worked at Percolate full-time

Pros

Some of the best people I've ever worked with, hands down. From day one, everyone was so welcoming and supportive. The NY office is very casual and fun. Many of the people I worked with during my time here are now close friends. It really is like a little family.

Cons

Leadership has been shaky at times. While I was there, we had some turnover at the exec level with little warning, but I do think the changes were necessary. It does create some uncertainty for people though. I've talked to employees who are still there that have said communication has improved tremendously with the new CEO, but there is still some work to be done. Turnover is still a bit high.

Advice to Management

Keep on acknowledging the past and learning from it. I think Percolate has a bright future and I really enjoyed my time there. Wishing the company all the best.

Aug 2, 2018 – People Operations

This post warms our heart! We take great pride in our hiring and are glad you worked here and left here with a positive outlook (and some great friends to boot!)

We wish you all the best!

"Challenging and Fun"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Percolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Percolate for nearly 2 years and love it! Everyday I'm excited to come to work because I know I'll have opportunities to do something new and something I've never done before. The people are fun and the company has an amazingly positive, "can-do" spirit. Everyone is willing to help to get a job done. I've grown more confident than ever that we are heading in the right direction with our product and strategy and I look forward to seeing where we will be two years from now.

Cons

We are still in startup mode so the environment is fast paced and we change quickly and often. It can be exciting, but requires employees to be able to pivot and adjust to change quickly.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on developing the product

Jun 21, 2018 – People Operations

Love this review, mostly because you said we're fun! Kidding, in all honesty we'd be nothing without our employees. The hard work and dedication of our amazing employees is something we most proud... More

"Solid + okay"

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

Great people.
    Decent work-life balance.
    New CEO is providing much needed direction and leadership.
    Great coffee, lunch on Wednesdays and decent breakfast options.

Cons

Benefits are very ok and expensive considering our limited options. I am not expecting packages like more well known companies, but we aren't even competitive. HR is supposedly addressing during next open enrollment.
    Limited opportunities for growth internally. There is really no where to go.
    We can't seem to keep people. I understand we are hiring, but it would be great if we could keep the exceptional people we have brought on board.
    Your title and comp may change, but your work remains the same.
    Product and tech lack innovation and is not very cutting edge.
    We are not very well known; seems counterintuitive when we are trying to create a new category and no one has heard of us.
    Lack of diversity. We can boast our employee population is 50% women, but we have a very, very, very small pool of leaders/decision-makers that are not white and/or male. Our two female executives do not have much presence in the org. As a woman, that's a crushing disappointment.
    While I like the people I work with, I would hesitate to recommend a friend simply because there are so many other more interesting companies to work for.
    Company culture is not great and it's a direct reflection of the lack of leadership participation.
    Zero contribution to the local communities.

Advice to Management

I can only speak for myself but I don't find our executive team (outside of Randy) to be very inspiring or even passionate.

Aug 2, 2018 – People Operations

Thanks for your feedback. The Pros we agree with, so we won't spend too much time on those. Instead, we want to address some of the cons you mentioned and hope that if you have concerns or other... More