Performance Bicycle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.0

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It appeared that the interview was one of desperation. Pay attention to why the previous person did not work out. Ask this question specifically. Turn the tables and interview your interviewer. The company is not able to adapt to necessary changes.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree with the use of metrics to determine value.   1 Answer

Mechanic/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Campbell, CA).

Interview

It was at a job fair held by the company. I interviewed with the DM, answered standard interview questions. Then he pulled a bike out and quizzed me on the parts used on the bike, and asked me to do a role play scenario selling him the bike. By the end of the interview he said he wanted to hire me and would pass my application to the store manager for the store I wanted to work at and would have him get in touch with me.

Interview Questions

• He pulled a bike down off the rack and said, 'sell me this bike'.   2 Answers

Warehouse Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Floor manager was very nice and understanding. Makes you feel like you matter and seems very invested in who he hires. The manager was very competent communicating needs and wants from staff. Also I did not feel lied to or intimidated. Just wish he mentioned how mean Christie was and some other staff.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle in September 2015.

Interview

You'll interview Sam Felts, who is incredible, he'll walk you along in a wild course of understanding the job you are applying for. He finds a way to make you feel like you gave the incorrect answer even when you give the correct answer, just so He can make sure you grasped exactly what you just told him.

Interview Questions

• What is the role of the Store Manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

The best thing you can do is talk about your experience with cycling. Do not walk in there and say you don't ride a bike and expect to get hired, unless you have a ton of retail experience. Brush up your bike knowledge before you go in and speak like you know what you're talking about. Name drop a local bike-trail name. They don't hire under 18s, ever, as far as I know.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview went fine, i asked a lot of questions, and got a detailed response to my answer. It was about thirty minutes long, the only problem is that he never got back to me. i have him a week and then went in to the store and he said that his boss was not in and can't look at it. Another week passes i do the same thing go in and talk to the store manager and same response. At this point i give up because he never got back to me i even went in three weeks later to buy some stuff for my bike but still not answer. This is quite unprofessional and i seemed like i was just disregarded. I am fine i didn't get the job of course because they never told me if i was hired. Am i going to reapply, no because this is a joke and then i see a week or two later i see a new employee about my age that i know is new and they are training her. I was 17 at the time but that shouldn't have been a problem because i knew of someone at my school that got the job when he was 17. Sorry for rambling but i wanted to express my difficulties with this bike shop and trying to acquire a job.

Bicycle Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

About a half an hour long. Asked me several questions about customer service. Asked several questions about bicycling industry. Described the company. Described training and benefits. I had to test build a bicycle and struggled. No one assisted me. There was no background check or drug testing screening.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle.

Interview

Grabbed an application, very standard. Turned it in and within a couple days i had an interview setup. The interview was very easy to anyone with any retail experience and alittle bit of bike knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right? I over thought it since you don't want to put someone on the wrong bike but short answer is yes   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, just an offer either accept or decline

Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

Needlessly difficult process, you'll have to do a whole interview with an HR person who is unimportant first. Then actually meet the people who you would be working for/with. 3 interviews were necessary.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Performance Bicycle (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied on craigslist, they needed somebody to put up signs manage the store while general manager is busy. respond to corporate sale announcements etc. The general manger interviewed me seemed to go well but never got a second interview.

Interview Questions

• If another employee took a power bar what would you say?   1 Answer