PerkinElmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PerkinElmer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

Social Media Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer in September 2017.

Interview

20-25 minute phone interview. Responded to application 1+ month after application submission. Told by recruiter that he would be in contact for next steps. It's been almost two weeks with one follow up email. No reply received.

Database Administrator Interview

Interview

It was very extensive over the phone, 1/2 interview by phone, then it was Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews. In addition to a hiring manager, you make meet with managers, employees, and other staff.

Lab Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I was called out of the blue after applying a month earlier and asked on the spot to have a phone interview (no forewarning). This was an informal phone interview, and I was later contacted by another member of the team who organized for me to have another phone interview with a hiring manager. After this interview they then asked me to come in for an in-person interview. I was offered a position and we went back and forth in the negotiation phase. The recruiter declined to give me the offer in writing to review, but even apart from this they said I would be contacted 4 days later with their final offer. It has now been over two weeks and they are yet to get back to me. I was disappointed in the way the managed my application after I had gone so far, as there was no closure to my process and I felt like their failure to get back to me was unprofessional on the HR/recruiter's end.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. We set up a phone screening interview with the HR. Went well. But they wanted 2-3 years of experience for an entry level sales position. I followed up after the interview and got the reply saying they will contact me within the next week. I emailed them twice after that, no reply.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

So disorganized. They have lots of new people so understood in the beginning. It doesn't seem like they know their roles and responsibilities between hiring manager, recruiter and HR all going in different directions. When asked about culture and amount of travel everyone had a different answer. All the onsite interview panel had different objectives. They will not advance unless they get on the same page. Even after a 7 months process I wouldn't have been a good fit for an organization who is all on a different page.

Interview Questions

• Depends who was interviewing? They all had different agendas   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer in March 2017.

Interview

A week or two after I applied, the Senior Director of Global Talent Acquisition e-mailed asking if I could do a phone screen with him that same day. We talked on the phone. He seemed pleasant and positive and said he wanted to set up a round of interviews to take place the following week and I gave him my availability. Then I didn't hear anything all week. When I e-mailed to check in at the end of the week, still no response. Finally, he e-mailed a few days later saying "I am still conducting initial interviews for the TA Ops Lead and I am going to need another week or so before we do next steps. I appreciate your patients." It's been a month and I haven't heard back. As someone who works in recruiting, I found it bad form to backtrack on inviting someone to interview, fail to be responsive to e-mails, and write unprofessional e-mails that included misspellings and strange formatting. Feel like I dodged a bullet and found somewhere better to work.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Rec'd a call from HR in response to my online submittal. Great call with HR. Took about 2 weeks to have a discussion with the hiring manager. This also went well, as the following week I had a discussion with the hiring manager's boss. Feedback was very positive.

Then silence.

And six un-answered vmails and emails to HR and the hiring manager.

Until, finally, seven weeks after my last interview, I got a terse, "we hired an internal candidate" message.

The people I met along the way were great, and they represented the company well. Up until the complete lack of responsiveness and communication. Can't help but wonder if this is telling as to how they treat people?

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you influenced another group.   Answer Question

Order Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (New York, NY).

Interview

typical interview, 2 managers and 1 in the current role right now. 45-60 minutes long total. I think the process was very typical for a job within this field. Employee retention appears to be an important thing for them.

Interview Questions

• One time you have to handle both speed and attention to detail   1 Answer

Lab Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Was lied to during the interview and told it was an IT position. It was not even close to that. It is essentially a data entry position for which one is paid well because the work environment is awful.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Scientific Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A few days after applying for the position I was contacted by HR for a phone screen. The following week I was brought in for a in person interview with the regional service manager. After that I had a follow up phone interview with a Business representative that worked closely with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a problem and how you went about to solve it   Answer Question