PerkinElmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PerkinElmer

2.8

1. Featured Interview

EHS Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer.

Interview

Sent my resume to recruiter. Went in for an hour interview. Casual, low stress, explained job description in depth before asking any questions of me. Gave me time to relax and get comfortable!

Interview Questions

• What’s your leadership style?   1 Answer

, Chromatography Consumables Interview

Interview

The entire interview process was very laid back, personal, and relatively fast. It included a tour of the building and several introductions to different people that were in different departments.

Intern Interview

Interview

1. Phone screening with the recruiter (30min): basic questions as an initial screening
    2. Phone interview with people from the team (45min): went over my experience and talked about the specific responsibilities of the role
    3. In-person interview with manager and senior professionals (90min): in-depth conversation about the role and my understanding of the company

Interview Questions

• First two rounds mostly focused on the experiences listed on my resume. The last round touched upon more about general understanding of the company. Solid research is very important.   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Valencia, UT) in September 2020.

Interview

Informal, it was to the point of whether I wanted the job/interested in it or not. Have the formal interview Wednesday. Will follow up with more on that once completed.

Interview Questions

• Would the salary range work for you?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer.

Interview

There was a quick interview with HR - very easy and informative. The second interview was with the director of marketing - It was pretty short and was not asked many questions to get to know me or how I would succeed in the role. After about a week and a half, I followed up with the HR person asking if they had moved on with another candidate or if they were still in the interview process and I never received a response.

Interview Questions

• What didn’t you like about the company you last worked for?   Answer Question

Lab Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Worcester, MA) in July 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with 2 managers. They asked me about your past work history on resume. I agreed to meet up with one of the managers the next day on site to talk more and also meet up with the other employee I will partner with. During the meet and greet, she interviewed me a little about my background and it was more like a friendly conversation between us. Interviewed on a Thursday, met face to face on a Friday and job offer on Monday.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer.

Interview

Interview was conducted through a telephone conference. Two people interviewed me and they were both friendly and knowledgeable. While it was not technical interview, they wanted to know what kind of things you where taught in terms of certain subjects presented in your college classes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you what material you typically learned in one of your systems programming classes.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer.

Interview

I arrived at my interview and was informed that the hiring manager was involved in some sort of incident, would not make the interview but it would go on anyway. I was interviewed individually by two lab managers and a current bench chemist. After each interview with the managers, I was brought on a tour through the labs.

Interview Questions

• How long did I think it would take myself to feel comfortable in learning and following the established S.O.P.’s   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Lead Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer.

Interview

I had brief phone interview with company recruiter for about 15 minutes. Then I had an interview with Marketing Director for about one hour. There was no follow up on my second interview.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Shelton, CT) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview with the hiring manager and team was great and they seemed very keen on moving forward. I've always had great respect for the company as they are pioneers of great products. However, their HR and Immigrations team needs to definitely improve on their process. When I got to the final round where I was told that they just need to take a look at my immigration needs as a final check mark. The person asked me about my marital status specifically 'Are you seeing anyone in the States and do y'all have any plans of getting married?' This question was so unprofessional that it completely threw me off. The lady recognized I was uncomfortable and apologized for her question. This was not only unprofessional but also illegal!

I reached out to HR after a day to follow up and they had informed me that the lady had left the job. The HR was extremely shady trying to cover up the situation when I brought up the incident. When I reached out to the hiring manager he informed me that they could not move forward with my application because of my immigration status. A day later a recruiter who seemed totally out of loop with the whole thing told me that my experience wasn't suitable for the role. Please ensure you're on the same page before you throw out a generic lie.

They consider themselves an equal opportunity provider but clearly they don't practice it. In all it was extremely shady behavior that was appallingly unprofessional.