PerkinElmer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.8

Order Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (New York, NY).

Interview

typical interview, 2 managers and 1 in the current role right now. 45-60 minutes long total. I think the process was very typical for a job within this field. Employee retention appears to be an important thing for them.

Interview Questions

• One time you have to handle both speed and attention to detail   1 Answer

Scientific Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A few days after applying for the position I was contacted by HR for a phone screen. The following week I was brought in for a in person interview with the regional service manager. After that I had a follow up phone interview with a Business representative that worked closely with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with a problem and how you went about to solve it   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopkinton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Hopkinton, MA).

Interview

Met with Human Resources first. Then meet with my hiring manager. Then meet with four other colleagues that I would be working with. Then went on a tour of the manufacturing floor. Asked about my previous job experiences.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was performed by a three man team made up of the regional director, regional manager, local team leader. They each fielded questions pertaining to the job position and some personal traits that would have a direct effect on job performance...nothing illegal to the interview process. It was very friendly and somewhat informal in nature. The team I interviewed with, I later learned, was probably one of the better teams to work with in PerkinElmer located in the Midwest.

Interview Questions

• Trace the flow of electricity on an electrical diagram.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial call to discuss skills and interests
    Skill based online programming challenge (coding--similar to hacker rank)
    onsite 3 rounds --Drilling on resume, projects, user experience
    Projects review in detail
    Challenging test for the given time
    Need to be fast enough to come up with a solution and code satisfying all the test cases.
    1 xml parsing based coding question

Interview Questions

• How do you manage when you need to get help from other teams   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer.

Interview

straight forward, no hard questions, no typical interview questions from online. recruiter calls if you pass that then you get a phone screen and if you pass that then you come in for face to face.

HLA Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PerkinElmer in July 2015.

Interview

First, I had interview with HR on phone, and a day after I had Interview on site. About one and half hour with Manager, Engineer, Engineer Technician and HR. All the people in this company are nice
    and really like to work with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself ? what is your strength ? what is your weakness ? How do you get along with other people ?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screen with several employees, the supervisor, and manager. Fairly simple, a few technical questions, some general life questions. Brought in for in-person interview, two people were general 'feeling-out' type questions, not particularly technical. Final person was a technical quiz including problem solving, was moderately complicated but the surprise and short time-frame had me questioning my work. After they said mostly they wanted to see how my brain worked to solve problems under stress. All in all a good interview

Principal Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PerkinElmer (Waltham, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had Phone interview, then I had codibility test online for java and analytical skills and then 4 hours of interview Met 3-5 people on 3 different trips to the site to meet and attend interview. They explained about benefits and company and different groups.It took lot of negotiations with recruiting agency for salary and other benefits.

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PerkinElmer in June 2015.

Interview

I was recruited through a third party recruiter. Phone screen w/ hiring manager, followed by an onsight meeting with hiring manager, controller, revenue accounting manager, and operations manager.

Overall, the interviews were straightforward and conversational. I wasn't grilled on questions about my background or asked the usual silly "what is your greatest weakness." They all had read my resume before hand and we discussed projects and mutual experiences. The vibe I got was that there were no head games and that they want to work with people who will work with them.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you worked on and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question