Perry Ellis International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional and lengthy interview processes I have ever been through - and all for nothing. After three separate phone interviews in February 2017 followed by an in-person interview at their Doral, FL HQ - I have yet to get a response on whether or not I got the job (ha!). Not even a "position has been filled" notification - just radio silence after I tried to follow up two separate times. It's unfortunate that their HR department is rude and incompetent.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing at any other companies? If you received a job offer what is the chance you would decline it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Grand Prairie, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

very brief
    the store manager asked me simple questions regarding my previous work experiences
    he asked me if I knew how to wear a suit and if I had any of the merchandise

Interview Questions

• why did you apply here specifically?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to do an initial interview with Perry Ellis. They called me on the phone. I have a speech impediment but I said that I would try the phone. She couldn't understand all that I was saying so she said she would send an email to follow up. I never received an email and later I was told that position was filled. I felt that they didn't accommodate my disability and I wasn't heard.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why I quit a job. What programming skills I have. etc.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Designer Penguin Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen from HR. Followed the next with with 2 intervews. 1 with HR and 1 with the potential supervisor (senior tech designer for that area) There was no follow up. I had to write back to HR a few weeks later to see if they were still interested.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied to the website, and then turned in a resume to the Store Manager in person, and was given and interview on the spot. He claimed that the rest of the process would include three phone interviews with progressively higher tiers of management, ending with the VP over retail, within about 3-5 days. Two weeks later, I had a pleasant phone interview with the Area Manager, and he claimed two days later I would hear from the Regional Manager, which would be the final interview, because Black Friday was approaching, and they were all so busy and needed me up to speed so quickly. A week and several phone calls (and missed phone appointments) later, I had a half-hour phone interview with the Regional Manager that was much more brusque. He claimed I would hear from my Store Manager in two days to get the ball rolling. This did not happen.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring bring to Perry Ellis? When I meet with you in six months, what would you say is your claim to fame with us?   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Interview

very short and depending on the person who interviews your , your need to do so sort of presentation for a second interview, they ask for your portfolio but must of the times what your have in there doesn't matter

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

Short. Interviewed and hired immediately. The manager wasn't really that sharp. He assumed my background and college experience was enough. I'm not sure he understood how the interview was actually a better idea for me on how the company worked.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL).

Interview

The interview process was a complete and utter disaster of pure disorderliness.

I was told which documents to bring such as copies of my resume (don't see why that's necessary since they have printers) and I brought everything specified to me. I went through a routine in person interview with one of their HR staff and then was told I would meet and be interviewed by some other employees in the creative department.

I was sent home and told to come back because I did not bring an item they did not even ask me to bring with me. In the end I followed up to ask when I could come back and they replied saying they were no longer interviewing. Extremely unprofessional staff.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR and had phone interview followed by formal interview at Perry Ellis Inc.. Phone interview was with one person from HR, in-person interview included 4 people: 1 from HR and 3 from the Creative Dept.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Perry Ellis Inc..?
      Why did you apply for this position?
      What are challenges you have experienced (relative to position)?   Answer Question

Sales Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR first then with the direct report. I was asked questions about my experience, prior jobs, customers worked with and computer experience. I was then provided with the job description of the responsibilities, brands involved and customers that
    I would be responsible for. Told how goals are set and sales expectations.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be doing in 5 years?   1 Answer