Perry Ellis International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2018

2.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the recruiter from Perry Ellis International via LinkedIn. I replied via email, and discussed further details over the phone and set up time to interview for the open position at Perry Ellis International.

Interview Questions

• Discuss my background and how my experience can relate to the open position.   Answer Question

Associate Designer Interview

Interview

very short and depending on the person who interviews your , your need to do so sort of presentation for a second interview, they ask for your portfolio but must of the times what your have in there doesn't matter

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International.

Interview

Short. Interviewed and hired immediately. The manager wasn't really that sharp. He assumed my background and college experience was enough. I'm not sure he understood how the interview was actually a better idea for me on how the company worked.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Sacramento, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to do an initial interview with Perry Ellis. They called me on the phone. I have a speech impediment but I said that I would try the phone. She couldn't understand all that I was saying so she said she would send an email to follow up. I never received an email and later I was told that position was filled. I felt that they didn't accommodate my disability and I wasn't heard.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why I quit a job. What programming skills I have. etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was invited for an in person interview. I met with the CMO and a SVP who asked about what I wanted to do with my career my interests and other basic information.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to go into marketing?   2 Answers

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Miami, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Phone interview w/ manager. In-face interview w/ manager and VP of IT. Interview was pretty straightforward, multiple questions were asked to gauge my proficiency in the field, and questions about upward mobility options and possibilities were answered. Both the immediate manager and VP of IT sat in on the interview and asked lots of questions and answered any and all questions that were asked. Good experience overall, no real surprises during the process. HR was very helpful in setting up time and place of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, some technical questions about the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Doral, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional and lengthy interview processes I have ever been through - and all for nothing. After three separate phone interviews in February 2017 followed by an in-person interview at their Doral, FL HQ - I have yet to get a response on whether or not I got the job (ha!). Not even a "position has been filled" notification - just radio silence after I tried to follow up two separate times. It's unfortunate that their HR department is rude and incompetent.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing at any other companies? If you received a job offer what is the chance you would decline it?   Answer Question

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone Interview by remote regional manager. Second phone interview with national manager and call back by program director.

Negotiation

painless and brief

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

After application was filed I received an email from the Regional Manager in my area to set up an initial phone interview. After that was completed I was asked to meet for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to describe a situation where I allocated floor space for the brand through negotiation and persuasion.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perry Ellis International (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

I enjoyed the fast process! A day after interviewing with the main supervisor I received a call from Human RResources with a job offer. The phone call was more of a formal meet and greet. The one on one interview lasted about thirty minutes and nothing tricky about it.