Pick N Save Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.2

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Bend, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pick N Save (West Bend, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for a grocery/stocker clerk position last Wednesday and got a call from the manager the next day. The manager interviewed me over the phone that same day. I went in for a face to face interview on Sunday. The manager told me that my background check will come back in 1-3 business days. After my background check comes back they'll give me an offer by email.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a grocery store?   1 Answer
    • How would you react if a customer frustrated you?   1 Answer

Produce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pick N Save (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a lot of fun to watch the interviewer squirm. The lights were very bright and the heat was set too high. The office was smelly. Someone had fish for lunch. I did not want the job. I still do not want the job. I would have to quit the job.

Deli Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pick N Save.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, they called and asked me a few questions about my application, then they invited me in to talk more. They asked me describe a variety of situations where I demonstrated customer service skills, priority setting, etc. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were unable to complete a task and how you dealt with the consequences.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pick N Save.

Interview

I went in during a job fair. I filled out some paperwork while I waited along with other interviewees. They took us into cubicles to inteviewed by managers. If you apply online, you go through a phone interview then they schedule another in person interview. For me, since I went in, I was interviewed by three people but not at once. They were the standard questions asking why you want to work there and what kind of volunteer experience you have.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pick n Save?   1 Answer
    • What can you do for Pick n Save?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pick N Save (Madison, WI).

Interview

Submitted application to service desk, they called back a few days later, had an in person interview shortly thereafter (it was very short, maybe 20 minutes), very casual and not too serious

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Front End Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sussex, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pick N Save (Sussex, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application on-line on a Monday, got a call on that Wednesday to set up an interview for that Sunday, found out that next Wednesday to come in for a second interview that coming Saturday, then found out on Monday that I got the job. :)

Utility Clerk, Produce Clerk, Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hales Corners, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pick N Save (Hales Corners, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

They basically had you fill out an online application, and then went over it with you in person. After they did that was when they offered you a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with knives?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pick N Save (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone for about 20 minutes. I was asked the general interview questions. The second part of the interview was in person. The process was very professional, and the questions were very simple. I did not feel pressured to overthink my answers, but then again that could've been because of the delivery from the recruiter.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pick N Save.

Interview

I applied online and had an interview 2 days later. I first had an interview with a woman who had about 7 pages of questions she asked me. A lot of them were along the lines of "give me an example of a specific time when..." and it was difficult because I hadn't experienced some of the things she asked about. Some other questions were: What are some achievements you are proud of, What other extracurricular activities or volunteering have you done? Then there were a few yes or no questions about if you do drugs, have felonies, if you have done petty crimes and whatnot. That interview lasted about 35 minutes, which was much longer than I expected. After she was done interviewing me, she had the store manager interview me. I remember a few questions that were along the lines of: Why do you want to work at a grocery store, think of a time when times were rough at home and how you dealt with work or school at the same time (they want to be able to see that you can separate your outside of work life from work), what is something that you can improve on. His interview with me only lasted 5 minutes. Then he asked me if I had any questions for him.

As long as you present yourself in a friendly way and answer the questions the best you can, there is a good chance you will get it. Make sure you smile and make eye contact!

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a specific time when you had a deadline and you couldn't make that deadline. What did you to to fix the situation?

Give an example of a specific time when a customer has been mad at you.

What do you see yourself doing later in life?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pick N Save (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

They asked a bunch of questions and had a phone interview plus two in person interviews. The interviews were with the front end manager and then also with the store director.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last misunderstanding you had with someone and how you handled it   Answer Question