Pilot Flying J Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Timely, precise & powerful. The interviewer gave me a detailed info about the company and took me around for an orientation of the work on site. I found professional set of people working around and saw the entire process of service provided at the premises.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it is important to empathize needs of team member   1 Answer

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

Unrealistic expectations of potential hire to interview at various hours and various locations over a short period of time. Compensation was not in line with my experience. They have you take an online exam, pretty easy.

Tanker Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

The interview process went very well. Simple and concise. Very friendly, the recruiters want you to get the job so they pretty much just walk you through it before hand to make sure you get it

General Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

Professional, fast asked a lot of personality questions. Job shadowing and online math tests. I got a call from head office within two days of applying for the job. Good experience overall

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Coffee Host Interview

Interview

I called to Pilot after I finished with my application. John immediately pulled up my info while I was on phone, he told me he would review the app. I called back on Monday my interview was tuesday.

Maintenance Interview

Interview

Talked to manager, interview on spot, received job. The process was straightforward, he just asked basic interview questions and a lot about my availability. He gave me the job on the spot and went over schedule, dress code, and compensation.

Community and Public Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

The interview was with the director of communications at the corporate office. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. My only negative is when I visited the corporate office, I noticed it lacked diversity at its headquarters.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

I was briefly asked about experiences in the past. Since I had most experience related to manufacturing, they were curious if I was ready for the shift to operations and leadership in one of their verticals which did not involve manufacturing.

Coffee Host Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

Easy and laid back . Applied then got a phone call for an interview a few days later . After i got the call i went in for the interview got asked one or two questions . No drug test either

Interview Questions

• All she asked was why do i want to work here and she loved my personality and wanted to hire me .   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Evansville, IN).

Interview

I was interviewed by an assistant manager. He was attentive and interested in the answers to my question. His main concern was if I had experience handling money and how I interacted with customers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in customer service or handling money?   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

The process is broken. I was pursued by the corporate recruiter and we had very consistent communication. I interviewed with the Regional Manager. At the interview I was told that I would love to the next step and to "clear my schedule" for the upcoming week to do a walkthrough with the Travel Center General Manager.
    In less than 90 minutes I called the recruiter to follow up and was told that they went with another candidate.
    Really? That's not what I was told about an hour ago. Very bad taste an unprofessional.
    I have no problem with another candidate being selected. I do, however, have a problem with being told something in direct contradiction and being mislead on purpose. You could have said "I have another candidate I'm interested in and we'll be in touch". You could have said "We're not interested". You could have said "I'll keep you in mind for the future". Anything beside "clear your schedule" knowing that you have another candidate you were leaning so strongly toward that you could make your decision in less an hour and a half.
    By the way, when I tried to call for feedback on my interview to help with my job search, that "great communication" went from daily calls to not responding at all (not even by email).

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with analyzing financial reports? What was your previous performance over LY?   Answer Question