Pilot Flying J Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.2

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crossville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Crossville, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

Well I had a guy contact me did a phone interview then he set me up with another Gm for a face to face interview. I then later found out that the guy on the phone was just a recruiter whom at the time I thought was the district. So I did the interview with the senior Gm who assured me that with my experience and the answers I gave during interview I was as good as hired he then sent out the restaurant Gm who did a brief interview with me and thought I was great she later walked me around the store a talked me through there way of things I was already familiar with the Restaurant because I was a Gm at one of the same restaurant for 10 years in another state (experience) then later the senior Gm came back out after I waited by my self for over 30 min I was already there for going on 4 hours in which I was hungry so I paid for me something to eat. He then later come out and ask me certain times I could meet with his boss in which I would have to drive over a hour away.. I was sure I was going to be Hired and we already discussed pay ect.. so next day I drove that long way had interview with 2 more people who also acted like they was to hire me talked about me going to another state for 8 week training in which they will pay for everything i agreed I would go then after all that long process the other guy came out said I'm sorry would you like me to pay for your gas I said no then he said here is my card I'll call in a week to let you know if we want to proceed with you or with out you. Lol I knew what that meant.. my experience for job interviewed for? Over 15 years great recommendations so go figure..

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate at a whim to another state or country?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napoleon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Napoleon, OH).

Interview

Called by a recruiter for phone interview, then interviewed by store manager and regional manager. Extremely unprofessional recruiter put me on hold numerous times, store manager kept answering his walkie and yelling at his employees.

Interview Questions

• If you can handle the nasty jobs you will be required to do.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Manager was straight to the point with his questions and expectations. Friendly and informative. I was called to set up time for a interview, scheduled for next day, had interview and was hired for overnight shift.

Interview Questions

• Hey do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Retail Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tye, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Tye, TX).

Interview

Oh, you were a manager at McDonald's. When can you start? I started 3 days later. Got my uniforms and started work. I loved the customers and the positive environment

Interview Questions

• Worst customer I had and how I dealt with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

To train first as a cashier and promote to manager in a month

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online for a position at the headquarters in Knoxville. Received an email from HR wanting to schedule a phone interview and requesting a copy of my resume. Proceeded with three phone interviews over the course of a month. (I was living 13 hours away) A week after the last phone interview, I was asked to come to knoxville for an in-person interview. All accommodations were made by PFJ. Everyone I met and spoke with was very nice and professional. All correspondence with HR was extremely quick, clear, and professional. I don't have any complaints about the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about experiences with current job. Questions about experience with software used at PFJ   Answer Question

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Knoxville, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

The process is extremely slow. The first 1 or 2 interviews will be over the phone. After that you will get a brief meeting with the Division VP. The whole process can take up to 30 days

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latta, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Latta, SC) in December 2016.

Interview

It was really a brief straight to the point interview. They will let you know if you hired or not after the first one. So no more hoping and wishing. Its either you make it or break it.

Interview Questions

• If you are flexible enough and willing to work any stations. Mop the floor,clean the bathroom and willing to work rotating schedules.   1 Answer

Director, Store Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

So far so good...I have nothing bad to say about the whole process..my experience with flying j has been nothing but positive. I did not have to wait very long for the first phone call to set up the interview. The process is still ongoing and I hope it turns out the way that I want.

Corporate Headquarter Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from the recruiter a week later requesting to take a pesonality and assessment test. After completing, received a email from recruiter asking for copy of my resume. Two weeks later received a call from recruiter and went through some questions. Then submitted the resume and test results to the hiring manager. Week later the recruiter called back to schedule an onsite interview with hiring manager that was 2 1/2 weeks out. Went on in person interview. Week later received an automated email from recruiter declining my application.

Interview Questions

• When did you leave your last job?...Do you have any kids?`   2 Answers

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

The process lasted about a week. First, there was a brief phone interview and a follow up by the company recruiter. This was followed by 2 face to face interviews on site and eventually a job offer by phone.