Pilot Flying J Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pilot Flying J

2.2

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Evansville, IN).

Interview

I was interviewed by an assistant manager. He was attentive and interested in the answers to my question. His main concern was if I had experience handling money and how I interacted with customers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in customer service or handling money?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

Everything went well I was selected for final interview with the Area Manager. The area manager seem to be racist as he told me to clean shave as he knew that it is because of a religious belief and my bear was not even two inches long. Discrimination!!!!!!! LOSERS!!!

Interview Questions

• Will you clean shave if you get hired?   6 Answers

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview

I was briefly asked about experiences in the past. Since I had most experience related to manufacturing, they were curious if I was ready for the shift to operations and leadership in one of their verticals which did not involve manufacturing.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Knoxville, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

There were 3 interviews spaced a few weeks apart. The first was very informal - just a meeting at my University's career fair. The second, I met with the recruiter and he talked about the job and my resume. The third one I met with the Senior Engineer and we further discussed my resume and career goals. They also gave me a tour of the office. I dont remember there being many technical questions.

I had an overall negative experience because the whole process took about 6 months and I received no offer.

Coffee Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madera, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Madera, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There was another woman there being interviewed before me, so i was a bit nervous that she would be hired before i got a chance to be seen.questions, short and pleasant. Felt comfortable and no stress. Very friendly staff. It only lasted about 10 mins and i was hired the same day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an open schedule   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Charleston, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

I went through two interviews and was given the job on the second interview. The first interview was actually when they where having open interviews for the new location. The interview process was very easy and smooth. It did not take as long as I thought it would and they also asked regular interview questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Corvallis, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

1 hr long interview with the current regional manager. Then I scheduled a tour of a facility and an second interview with the local manager. Interviews went smoothly and most of the questions asked were common ones. Was heavily focused on past work experience as opposed to cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel your greatest accomplishment is? Why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Knoxville, TN) in January 2019.

Interview

All day interview process. Multiple interviews and a tour of the facility. You arrive at 8 and will leave about 3 that afternoon. The process gave you time to reflect on your first interview and change anything you needed to for the next interview

Intern Interview

Interview

I knew somebody so I gave them my resume which consisted of how I helped my previous company be more efficient. I got a call back about 1-2 weeks later asking when is a good time for an interview. The interview process was more of a lecture on how the internship is and how it moves up, the guy offered 11 dollars an hour in training and then raise after, then 6 months or so later you become co-manager and salary of 34-38k before bonus and moves up from there etc.

Interview Questions

• my interview was more of a lecture. Im assuming the guy needed to hire interns for something at the moment so i knew i would be hired.   Answer Question

im really thinking about it, i didnt technically decline yet but the reason i am htinking about it is because yyou have to work an average of 60 hr week and every other weekend, which averages to 10 hr day. every day.except the every other weekend. too much for me.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Flying J (Knoxville, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was with 2 ladies. They basically described the position, its diverse duties, and how much they enjoyed working for the company and their colleagues. I had prepared extensively for this interview, and also several questions for them. But I felt somewhat over prepared because it was not a very formal questioning process.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable jumping right in and learning as you go?   Answer Question