Pilot Freight Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.4

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Freight Services (Norfolk, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a somewhat casual conversation with the outgoing sales manager who was interviewing candidates to replace him. I enjoyed talking with the manager and it was obvious that I had the skills sets for the job as I have over 15 years of industry sales experience in shipping and logistics with some of Pilot's key competitors. I could tell from the vibe in the small, unprofessional looking office from the other 4 or 5 employees in the office (one of which I found out was the owner) that I was not what was expected. I went through with the interview anyway and learn a few things. The manager said that the owner would be consulted on which candidates would be called in for a final interview so I knew I would not be called back. THe owner actually opened the door to the manager's office and started asking him for things right in the middle of our interview without excusing the interruption of even acknowledging the fact that I was sitting in the manager's office. This actually happened twice! In retrospect, I was relieved because it let me know for sure that it probably was not the job for me anyway.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilot Freight Services.

Interview

The interview was mainly about me and getting know my personality. Making sure that I would fit well into the culture. At Pilot, its all about being a team and working with others. They can teach you all the neccessary skills so it really came down to who I was.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where I had to confront a co-worker on an issue and explain the outcome   Answer Question

National Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Freight Services (Media, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Great interview!
     Normal questions management was friendly and down to earth.
    Interviewed with 3 management personnel.
    They like when you ask them questions and the interview lasted about an hour and half to two hours.
    They mentioned what your salary would be which was very helpful. Gave a tour of the office and made you feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newtown Sq, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Freight Services (Newtown Sq, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I went through an agency, which recklessly sent me to something they should have known i wouldn't get. They did a lousy job, and I broke off from them.

I showed up in a suit and tie, and waited in the break room, while I had to listen to two women yap for ten minutes. Then this guy walks in and says hi, and I introduce myself. The guy goes "huh? wha?".... What a great way to start off an interview.
    So I go into a room, and I talk about myself and my background, and the guy said I was over educated and would not stay. I told him I would but he did not believe me. This is what is wrong with society. This man came across as not very bright, and apparently wants to hire those he can have leverage and power over. It's ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you able to answer a phone call?   1 Answer

Entry Level Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Media, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Freight Services (Media, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer spent 45 minutes telling stories about the company that had nothing to do with the position. She ignored all of my questions and the only one she asked me was "If I had reliable transportation and if it was a truck". I asked what driving a truck had to do with the position and she answered that she primarily wants people who drive trucks primarily so they can carpool employees in during winter snowstorms. Afterwards she left the room, then came back saying that someone else had talked to me a month ago on the phone and walked me out.

Interview Questions

• If I had reliable transportation and if it was a truck   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilot Freight Services (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Not Super Challenging but made me feel relaxed and that I would be welcomed there.
    The questions were based on how you react to situations and deal with customers. Overall was a good experience. Applied, got a call back, scheduled phone interview, then had in person interview and got offer.

Data Entry Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Media, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Freight Services (Media, PA).

Interview

I met with my supervisor for the interview. It was just her and she has me a number of questions about if I were in this situation or how do I feel I could contribute to the position, etc. About two days later, I received a call that I was hired and have enjoyed working there ever since.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell her about a situation where I was helpful in another job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time of my interview, she asked me what I wanted per hour and it was accepted when I was offered the position.

Station Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilot Freight Services (Denver, CO) in August 2009.

Interview

None; hired based on experience

Negotiation

Initital salary offered was adequate