PinnacleHealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

3.2

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Harrisburg, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of meeting someone from the department, meeting someone from HR, and then having a peer interview. The peer interview was a bit daunting. They asked for specific examples of how you reacted in certain situations. In some cases it was quite hard to come up with one thing and avoid generalizations.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with disagreements / conflicts with coworkers   Answer Question

A/R Follow-Up Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Camp Hill, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within a few days for an interview. I had three separate interviews and overall the process was fairly simple. There were quite a few questions, but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges you faced at your previous job? Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth.

Interview

Applied online. Called in for an in person interview with department head. Scheduled for a 2nd interview with team. First interview went great and I was extremely excited about the opportunity. Went to 2nd interview and thought I was back in high school. Unprepared, disinterested and one women especially, rude. She walked me out, I said thank you and put my hand out to shake hers, she turned away and just left me standing there. Interview went okay, I didn't deserve to be treated like that. And this is your HR department?!

Annual Giving Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from HR within a week to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of very typical questions and was only about 20 minutes. The next day I received a phone call to schedule a face-to-face interview with the VP in the development office. This interview was basically just an overview of the position and then there was time for me to ask some questions about the organization. following this would be a peer interview, essentially a panel style interview with everyone in the department. The process was quite lengthy and communication on Pinnacle's end was not great. Over all, a pretty easy process.

Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews, one with HR manager followed by hiring managers from the department. Was then called back for a second interview in a peer setting. I was told after the second interview a decision would be made in 1-2 weeks, after that time had passed I tried following up with a polite email to HR and a few phone calls and never heard back Finally got the rejection email almost 7 weeks after that second interview. Whole process took 2.5 months which I'm sure could be shortened somehow. Its ok if I didn't get the job, just send the email out and let me know instead of waiting for so long. Its a form email all they do is enter the name and cant take more than a minute for them to fill in the blanks.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions and how your experience relates to it   Answer Question

Principal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and filled out an employment survey. Next, I was contacted for an HR interview with a recruiter. After a few weeks, I met with several managers regarding the position. Then, I sat for a peer interview with folks that I would possibly be working within the department.

Interview Questions

• The HR interview focuses on your past professional experiences and what successes and challenges you recognized. My favorite question was on diversity and what it meant to me and what I would teach a class on if given the opportunity. The Managers' interview was a bit more open-ended and free-flowing, they dug in more to my professional experiences and what I would bring to the department. The peer interview was very structured, and each person took turns asking pre-set questions. My favorite was on assertiveness and advocacy, and what those things meant to me as a professional.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my offer. Always negotiate and never, ever leave money on the table. Be polite, and ask for offers in writing whenever possible. Further don't be afraid to ask, and don't be afraid to walk away. The job market is tough, however, it is tougher being in a position that you don't feel well compensated for. I had an excellent advocate in my recruiter and I was easily able to ask for what I needed.

COTA/L Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

HR Department very unfair. I'd missed the doctor check up portion and asked to reschedule and they stated they'd never consider me for hiring again in the future. I told them there was a family emergency and they denied me another opportunity.

Healthcare Medical Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a group panel interview composed of managers, team lead and a supervisor. They asked several questions regarding my job qualifications. Will I be flexible with working more than 8 hrs a day and working on weekends?

Interview Questions

• How did you know about medical terminologies? Why did you want to change from a work comp adjuster to a healthcare medical processor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate that I wanted to be a full time employee within the 90 days.

Business Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

Panel interviews by department peers are now the norm. Behavioral interview-type questions ("describe a time when you...") so have plenty of examples ready drawn from actual experience.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about a time when you disagreed with your boss, how did you handle it and what was the results?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Initially had to agree to a hard, bottom-of-the range salary to proceed through interview process. Offer came in at mid-range. Odd, became could've avoided an unpleasant selection process from the start.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PinnacleHealth (Harrisburg, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Traveled over 2 hours from Philadelphia for in-person interview. Was told over the phone that I would be meeting with an HR Recruiter and the Nurse Manager of the unit I applied to. The HR interview was so general and non-specific to the Nursing position, but at the time I didn't mind because I figured I could talk about my Nursing experience with the manager. She then told me to wait as she called the manager, and afterward said the manager wouldn't be meeting me today with no other explanation or clear follow-up. So I basically wasted 6 hours + gas for what could have been a phone interview. Very disappointed with the lack of consideration and professionalism. So glad I didn't get an offer as I would have turned it down.