Pixomondo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.4

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very friendly and casual. The position had been open for some time and they were aiming to build an art department for 2015. The calls were great and meeting up was very easy, the whole group was very accommodating for time. Everyone was very knowledgeable and great to talk to, all in all it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Type of experience and level of comfort with different pipelines.   1 Answer

Senior VFX Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Super nice and experienced people. They truly were interested in what I had to say and made me feel welcome. I would have happily accepted the offer had my current job not given me a raise and promotion shortly after.

Animation TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

Talked with HR. Setup a skype call for the next day. Skype call was about 30 minutes, met with the art director who asked me a series of questions. Technical and personality questions were asked, along with a 30,000 ft overview of the project we would be working on. Was sent an offer that afternoon. It was for a 6 week contract, with the strong possibility of extension.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to rig a pully in an engine, in MAX, could you do it?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was quite easy, really. There were 2 people there, who shot questions to me. Really I get nervous and go into automatic drive when I'm interviewing, so I don't really know the questions. But there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Like I said I don't recall specific questions. That was 4 years ago, but they were the typical questions. Which shows have you worked on? Which one was your most challenging, and why?   Answer Question

Digital Compositor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Stuttgart (Germany)).

Interview

Standard procedure with a friendly atmosphere. Skype interview with two people after an online application. I listened to what they told me about the company and the projects, I was asked a couple of questions about my showreel and talked about my career so far. All in all a good interview with some insight into the company.

Animation Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was headhunted by an LA recruiter to interview in Toronto but they could not indicate the position or the project. Mysterious! I had to check it out. It was a very odd but fun interview - nice people, but only 2 low-watt light bulbs in the room so it was very dark.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very general questions about my leadership abilities and my background.   Answer Question

The project was very different from my usual skill set, and I was already happy at my current job.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijin, Shaanxi (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Beijin, Shaanxi (China)) in April 2012.

Interview

They sent me an email, after that we meet via skype. We did the interview and after that nothing. I had to sent back and email asking if they had any decision about me. They didn't expect to talk with me anymore because it was the recruiter who told me that they were looking for other person.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?
      What do you know abot Pixomondo?
      Do you use 3D max?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in September 2011.

Interview

I have managed to spot the recruitment information on net and applied for the position. Got reply within 3 days but the entire process took almost 4 weeks to complete, which I will get to in a minute. Firstly, the company setup a skype interview with me with 1 of the producers and HR manager. The entire process was fairly simple and easy, common questions was asked and nothing too strange. I was approved on first round so the COO also wanted a chat with me in person, which was completed by phone. Once I passed the interview, the painful process started, because the company only have 1 decision maker. The interview process took less than a wait, but the decision making + negotiation took 3 weeks because the decision make was too busy to make decisions.

Interview Questions

• What were the challenege you have met in your previous job in the similar role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and negotiation was done by e-mail. It was reasonable so it didn't take them long to make decision

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pixomondo (Stuttgart (Germany)) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and talked to HR. The process took 4 weeks.
    The interview took place in the office theatre. Sup, Lead and Head of was in there.
    Watched my reel and answered all the questions regarding the shotbreakdown.

Interview Questions

• - What I did on the shots
      - What was challenege on the shot they picked
      - my favourite shots and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary and negotiation was done by e-mail.