Plaid Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 130 of over 130 interviews

Employee Referral12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Plaid

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plaid

Interview

Waste of time. I did 3 tests and never spoke to one single person from the Support Team but the recruiter assured me that the "team" would review my tests and give feedback (which they never did). Please don't waste your time applying here .

Interview Questions
  • Change the color of an eCommerce website
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Plaid

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plaid

Interview

I first want to say this was a company i really wanted to work for, but I started feeling off after going through their assesments 1) their "growth" expert at the san fran location is very scripted and clearly doesn't read any replies. I made it to the last round and I'm almost certain they passed at the end because I didn't write exactly how they wanted me to ( it didn't make any sense because I would basically just be repeating myself) so if they're looking for a certain amount of words, they'll need to change their assesments they use through codesignal to better reflect that. It also takes them a week or longer to reply, so you either need to keep applying to other positions or hold off on applying to other places. As you can see by the crazy amount of negative feedback they've received from people about interviews, they need to do better. My advice is to have one assesment with more questions, than go on to a REAL interview. You shouldn't be wasting peoples time taking up 4-5 hours to do assesments when you havent even interviewed them at all. It really feels like they don't want to spend time talking to people and just want to go through a bunch of assesments. I'm actually glad I did it because I can now see why they have bad reviews. Yesterday was actually the day I decided I was no longer interested after seeing how everything played out, the lack of real communication, and how they flip-flopped on what they liked. I know who the hiring manager is, and I'm not suprised they decided not to go with me and one other person I applied with. I hands down would not apply for any position that had to do with their Customer success manager (who hasn't even been with them long and her job history lacks) something tells me I just dodged a very disorganized team.

Interview Questions
  • There are two assessments that take tow hours each, and if you pass them than you interview. *remote positions*
3 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Plaid

Join the conversation on

Tech

2m

works at

Google

I have offers from various Fintech companies including Plaid, Square and Robinhood, for non-tech roles. Scope of roles is relatively the same across the board as well as comp today (base, equity). Any thoughts on business outlooks for these companies and what makes more sense from a career growth+compensation standpoint (upside)? Robinhood Plaid Square

8 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plaid (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2021

Interview

The interviewers were polite but that's about it. The questions were clear and didn't require specific knowledge. Discussed the solutions, alternatives, edge cases, and any other topics to cover during the interview. However, turns out that they are looking for something else whether it is culture fit or having the same background as the interviewers. It is not clear what they were looking for. It was a waste of everyone's time. Especially since it was a 2-hour interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Plaid

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plaid

Interview

The interview process went smooth. First call was with the recruiter, followed by a chat with the hiring manager, and then two more rounds of meetings with team members. Overall the experience was good, however I received an automated rejection email, which - after taking the time for 4 different interview rounds - I found pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Plaid

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plaid in Oct 2021

Interview

They are really rigorous - they want to understand the architecture of your past projects, your coding skills and your system design skills. Everyone is extremely nice and professional. I've never had an interview where everyone I spoke to made me feel so comfortable and at ease. I didn't get an offer but it was a great interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Plaid (Berkeley, CA) in Oct 2021

Interview

First, I had to do an online assessment on CodeSignal where I had to essentially design a text editor. This was more of a practical question rather than a Leetcode algorithmic question, but it was very data structure heavy. I moved onto the technical interview round but unfortunately got the rejection email from there.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer asked me to design a transaction algorithm that, given a bunch of transactions, I had to determine the concurrent transactions based on some criteria.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Plaid

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Plaid

Interview

The interview process was 5 rounds total - one with the recruiter, hiring manager, various members of the team, and a campaign example presentation. Everyone on the team was really great, and the recruiter checked in after every step, but the process was a little too lengthy and time consuming. Could be more efficient and streamlined.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Plaid

Application

I interviewed at Plaid

Interview

The process was quick and professional. The recruiter was on top of stuff and the interviewers were friendly and helpful. Felt more like a conversation than other companies. Ended up not being able to move forward due to visa restrictions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plaid (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Referred, HMS, Take-home, Present take-home, Final Round. A good process/steps, not tedious at all, at the same time thorough. However, the people, esp. key decision makers behind the process were lack of judgement, subjective, interview meeting minutes were wrong on paper (not sure if he heard wrong or got stucked in his own head), evaluation signals were bipolar...a bit weird out by the extremely different inputs people gave, this is because the interview questions were standardized like the FANNGs. Product Manager interviews need to go thru the eye of an inner circle PM...this part I am not sure It'd be good or bad.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Plaid

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plaid in Sep 2021

Interview

I was contacted multiple times by an internal recruiter and decided to follow up after a particularly targeted sounding message. As a Latina in tech, I am a little bit cautious in general of these inquiries, but I liked the recruiter's initial approach and the job sounded interesting to me mostly because it sounds unusual for a fin-tech company to be wanting to make banking more equitable. And after reading more, Plaid gave the impression of a nice place to work in general with the right amount of challenge and compensation+environment. I also watched some interviews with the CEO, and he seemed kind of happy and smart, but friendly and reasonable too, so someone I would enjoy working under. We proceeded to have an informative, but kind of relaxed conversation. I was then told the next steps would be some technical challenges, then a hiring manager conversation, and then 4 hours of interviews which would include another 90 minute live technical challenge while under observation. I completed the challenges, the first was just interacting with their API and accessing dummy data, and the others you had to infer some things from their help documentation. I have done similar challenges before and work with API most days, so I didn't find it unreasonable, plus I prefer to do technical challenges that relate to the actual job. But it did take time reading up a bit on their API, rummaging through their help documentation, and lots of double-checking and analyzing (probably overly so) my responses. In any case, I turned in my challenges and didn't hear anything for three weeks, until I finally checked in with the recruiter. (I waited because I was thinking maybe the support team that checks the challenges is just really overwhelmed and I didn't want to push and stress them out more.) She came back 24 hours later and explained that the team decided not to move forward. I'm not someone to get my feelings hurt, if I somehow missed the mark, but in this case it's a complete mystery and I think a few more words of explanation might have been nice, given the demands of their process and what they ask of candidates. I have asked for feedback, but at this point, I expect to be ghosted again. It has kind of flipped my opinion about the company 180 degrees.

Interview Questions
  • Four challenges: The first one was spinning up a sandbox environment and then some calls to their API, and the others could be answered generally from their help documentation and inferences.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 130 Interviews