Plexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plexus Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2018

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair, then the next day (or 2 days later) had an interview on campus. Pretty routine interview asking me about my resume and experiences. He said he'd recommend me for the next step, and a week or two later I got an email from them. I drove out to Neenah WI (they paid for gas and the hotel), and had an all day interview consisting of a tour, meeting with HR (they went over benefits, which I thought was really weird), and a couple of skills tests. One test was about the software process (requirements, design, implementation, etc), and one was a programming test. They said they had the same test for all skill levels, and I missed a fair amount of questions. Got an offer a week later via email.

Interview Questions

• What do you think I want to hear
      Had other skills questions   Answer Question

They only gave me about a week to decide, the offer was quite a bit lower than others I had gotten (though still quite reasonable), and it was out in Neenah WI - I got a job closer to home

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Plexus (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Got interview at career fair, interviewed a few days later. Interviewer asked standard behavioral questions. Was told that I'd get a response within 2 weeks. Never heard back from them and it's been a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to apply your engineering skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus in October 2017.

Interview

Met at university recruitment event, got an interview immediately. At the first interview, was a 30 minute interview going over the basics, why I wanted to work there, why software, favorite projects, etc. The next interview was an all day event at their office where I had to prepare a 20 minute presentation in front of about 15-20 people. Next was a tour (I was instructed to touch and pickup objects and ask questions...) of the facilities, workspace, labs, etc. The first technical interview was mostly centered around product requirements. I met with two people and there was a little bit of white board coding. After that, they took me out to lunch.
    When we got back, it was time for the HR benefits overview. This seemed pretty normal, explaining benefits that the company offers. The recruiter then asks me where I have offers from and then proceeds to hammer me on a salary price that I had in mind. The biggest rule about salary negotiations is you don't offer the number first. So we went around and around for about 5 minutes. It was extremely uncomfortable and I was shaken. After that, it was time for the next technical interview. By this time, I was still shaken from the confrontation with the recruiter so I feel like I did not perform well. Was given a scenario and had to describe how I would code for this problem. Since I could not think, the 2 people there were nice and helped and gave hints but I already knew I wasn't performing at my best.
    There was a conversation with the software manager to conclude everything and I was told that I would hear back soon (within a few days.) I never heard back, I reached out and asked if I would be receiving a decision, but I never heard back until I accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about product requirements and how you can make them better   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Two separate interviews for a software intern position. First interview was with two senior members of the software team and the final interview was with the hiring manager. Interview questions consisted of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is pulse width modulation and how is it useful in embedded systems.   1 Answer

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plexus (Oshkosh, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Used the STAR method: Situation, your Task, Action you took, Results. Interview held offsite and candidates rotated such that candidates never interacted or met throughout the process. For the first interview round, the process included a 15-min writing of why I felt I was the right candidate for the position. The organization uses scoring from the team of interviews to make determinations. The second round of interviews for the final candidate was based on the best fit for the organization. The most disappointing aspect was after the second interviews for which there was a lack of follow through by the organization to notify all final candidates even after inquiring. Finally, I received a very generic email with mismatched text font that was obviously sent to every candidate applied or interviewed which felt very disrespectful as a final candidate to be lumped in and notified the same as an applicant that had never even been interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a dog? I ask that of all of my candidates.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I was called in for an on campus interview the day after career fair. The interview was very relaxed and calm. He had a laptop in front of him to take notes which made me feel like less attention was on me which helped with my nerves. The questions were pretty basic, nothing too hard or out of the blue.

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Had on-campus interview with Project Manager/HR. Followed up by a phone interview with mechanical team members and then on-site tour/interview. All in all a very positive experience. Most of the questions were technical but brief/basic concepts. A few asking about projects you were proud of and classes that you enjoyed the most.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a career fair held at my college, got an email for an on-campus interview a few days later. Interviewer was very friendly and questions were pretty standard.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (New York, NY).

Interview

One campus interview followed by 2 phone interviews. Good experience, asked a lot of situational questions. Over all not hard if examples are prepared of certain situations. Past experiences do help for this interviewing technique.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview after the career fair at my university. The recruiter offered me an interview on the spot, so I didn't have to go through the online application process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you had where the instruction or outcome was unclear.   Answer Question