Plexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Plexus Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus in October 2017.

Interview

Met at university recruitment event, got an interview immediately. At the first interview, was a 30 minute interview going over the basics, why I wanted to work there, why software, favorite projects, etc. The next interview was an all day event at their office where I had to prepare a 20 minute presentation in front of about 15-20 people. Next was a tour (I was instructed to touch and pickup objects and ask questions...) of the facilities, workspace, labs, etc. The first technical interview was mostly centered around product requirements. I met with two people and there was a little bit of white board coding. After that, they took me out to lunch.
    When we got back, it was time for the HR benefits overview. This seemed pretty normal, explaining benefits that the company offers. The recruiter then asks me where I have offers from and then proceeds to hammer me on a salary price that I had in mind. The biggest rule about salary negotiations is you don't offer the number first. So we went around and around for about 5 minutes. It was extremely uncomfortable and I was shaken. After that, it was time for the next technical interview. By this time, I was still shaken from the confrontation with the recruiter so I feel like I did not perform well. Was given a scenario and had to describe how I would code for this problem. Since I could not think, the 2 people there were nice and helped and gave hints but I already knew I wasn't performing at my best.
    There was a conversation with the software manager to conclude everything and I was told that I would hear back soon (within a few days.) I never heard back, I reached out and asked if I would be receiving a decision, but I never heard back until I accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about product requirements and how you can make them better   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Houghton, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Face- to- face meeting with Plexus employees who asked basic interview questions for teamwork and leadership within group projects in the engineering field. Also, asked for goals within position and overall career accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• describe how a time when you were working on a group project and a person was not fully cooperating and/or meeting deadlines. what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview after the career fair at my university. The recruiter offered me an interview on the spot, so I didn't have to go through the online application process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you had where the instruction or outcome was unclear.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

took a long time after applying to get in touch with HR to find out the next steps in the process. the hiring dates were constantly pushed back farther from original hire by date

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Plexus.

Interview

I applied through recruiter. it took about one week with Phone Interview and three Group Interviews. Final interview with the management team. I received an offer following week. Interview process is very straight forward but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are based on your previously achievements   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Plexus (Buffalo Grove, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, on-site interview with hiring manager and final step is panel interview with business partners. At final round, you will also be asked to present a short, personal overview of why your a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions that require real-world examples. "Give me an example of a time when your decision did not provide the desired result."   1 Answer

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

there were 3 supervisors from 3 different areas and they each asked 3 questions and took notes they were about 15 minutes each per person then there was a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• describe a problem you have or an area of work that could use some improvement   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    It was 3-4 week process.
    The initial contact was via email, interviews started with a phone interview with the HR recruiter, followed by a multi-person interview at the facility with a department team member, department supervisor, and the same HR recruiter who conducted the phone interview.
    Questions mainly from the team member and the department manager with the HR recruiter mainly taking notes and occasionally responding to clarify items.
    The job offer initially made by phone with an email providing the details.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to this position?   1 Answer

Accepted another job offer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at the campus career fair and had the first interview the next day which was mostly technical - they asked a few things about my resume and them circuits/electronics questions. Second interview was on-site and consisted of multiple interview sessions. First was a presentation about myself followed by Q&A with 5-10 engineers. Then was more behavioral and leadership questions followed up by two technical sessions and a site tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe what the current-voltage (IV) curve/relationship would look like for an ideal inductor.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Two separate interviews for a software intern position. First interview was with two senior members of the software team and the final interview was with the hiring manager. Interview questions consisted of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is pulse width modulation and how is it useful in embedded systems.   1 Answer