Plexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Two separate interviews for a software intern position. First interview was with two senior members of the software team and the final interview was with the hiring manager. Interview questions consisted of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is pulse width modulation and how is it useful in embedded systems.   1 Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Questions asked were mainly on projects and C/ C++ languange. Make sure that you know whatever you put on your resume because questions on projects were asked based on your resume. Do revise on C/C++ if you want to - will be very helpful. Just be honest!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Plexus (New York, NY).

Interview

One campus interview followed by 2 phone interviews. Good experience, asked a lot of situational questions. Over all not hard if examples are prepared of certain situations. Past experiences do help for this interviewing technique.

FPGA Design Engineer Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Three step interview process across 2 months: HR phone screen, technical phone screen, on-site set of interviews. The on-site interviews took 5 hours, and included a 30 minute presentation of my background, a tour, a set of soft questions (Describe a time when ...), a technical session, an informal lunch interview, and a wrap-up with HR. Very professionally handled, hotel 2 minutes from the location.

Interview Questions

• Using the whiteboard, show us how you would architect an FPGA to handle a proposed problem.
      Using the whiteboard, show us VHDL or Verilog code to implement an FSM.
      Answer Question

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Plexus (Oshkosh, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Used the STAR method: Situation, your Task, Action you took, Results. Interview held offsite and candidates rotated such that candidates never interacted or met throughout the process. For the first interview round, the process included a 15-min writing of why I felt I was the right candidate for the position. The organization uses scoring from the team of interviews to make determinations. The second round of interviews for the final candidate was based on the best fit for the organization. The most disappointing aspect was after the second interviews for which there was a lack of follow through by the organization to notify all final candidates even after inquiring. Finally, I received a very generic email with mismatched text font that was obviously sent to every candidate applied or interviewed which felt very disrespectful as a final candidate to be lumped in and notified the same as an applicant that had never even been interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a dog? I ask that of all of my candidates.   1 Answer

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus in February 2016.

Interview

Plexus came to my school's engineering career fair. The representatives were very nice and talked about the company and my prior experiences. They offered me an interview right at the spot. The interview itself went very well; they are very kind and understanding. It was a technical interview, so there was a few quick questions about my knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How would you make a low-pass/high-pass filter on a circuit board?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus.

Interview

I had one on-site interview at a career fair. This interview was purely behavioral questions, as the interviewer was a recruiter (business degree), not in the engineering department.

Had a follow-up interview that was a skype conference interview where I interviewed with 3-4 engineers from the design team in Boulder. This was a mix of technical and behavioral questions, split about evenly.

It is my understanding that for full time positions, candidates must also go through an on-site interview in Boulder after passing the teleconference interviews.

I did not get an offer, but Plexus was courteous to contact me in a timely manner (about two weeks I think) and tell me they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Q: Showed me an LC circuit, asked for brief analysis (things like impedance, resonance, etc...)

Q: Showed me a basic op-amp circuit and asked for some details on analysis (ie, how does offset voltage affect this circuit, how does ideal vs non-ideal op-amp change the analysis of this circuit, etc...)

Q: Showed me a basic digital circuit (gate level, not transistor level), and asked why this circuit wouldn't accomplish what they wanted and asked what needed to be done to improve it.
      Answer Question

Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Plexus (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, few manager participated.

Questions about my skills and academics and about my personalty to make sure that I fit with the new culture.

Lengthy, few manager participated.

Interview Questions

• What is your managerial style   1 Answer

Medical Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Plexus (Brockton, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was non exsistant as I went through an agency. They didn't speak with you at all. The agency just asked standard work experience and then contacted their client. It was very weird. I have never gone through agency that did not either set up phone interview with client or a 1 on 1 with client.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Plexus (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Got interview at career fair, interviewed a few days later. Interviewer asked standard behavioral questions. Was told that I'd get a response within 2 weeks. Never heard back from them and it's been a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to apply your engineering skills.   Answer Question