Plexus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2018

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Plexus (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

I was called in for an on campus interview the day after career fair. The interview was very relaxed and calm. He had a laptop in front of him to take notes which made me feel like less attention was on me which helped with my nerves. The questions were pretty basic, nothing too hard or out of the blue.

Summer Hardware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

I got a interview after my college career fair and I feel like it went really well but I was later rejected in the coming weeks. They ask a lot of technical questions after they find out about you so make sure you look up on that. I was prepared to answer questions about op-amps but when I got there I wasn't asked a single question about them

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus in October 2017.

Interview

Met at university recruitment event, got an interview immediately. At the first interview, was a 30 minute interview going over the basics, why I wanted to work there, why software, favorite projects, etc. The next interview was an all day event at their office where I had to prepare a 20 minute presentation in front of about 15-20 people. Next was a tour (I was instructed to touch and pickup objects and ask questions...) of the facilities, workspace, labs, etc. The first technical interview was mostly centered around product requirements. I met with two people and there was a little bit of white board coding. After that, they took me out to lunch.
    When we got back, it was time for the HR benefits overview. This seemed pretty normal, explaining benefits that the company offers. The recruiter then asks me where I have offers from and then proceeds to hammer me on a salary price that I had in mind. The biggest rule about salary negotiations is you don't offer the number first. So we went around and around for about 5 minutes. It was extremely uncomfortable and I was shaken. After that, it was time for the next technical interview. By this time, I was still shaken from the confrontation with the recruiter so I feel like I did not perform well. Was given a scenario and had to describe how I would code for this problem. Since I could not think, the 2 people there were nice and helped and gave hints but I already knew I wasn't performing at my best.
    There was a conversation with the software manager to conclude everything and I was told that I would hear back soon (within a few days.) I never heard back, I reached out and asked if I would be receiving a decision, but I never heard back until I accepted an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about product requirements and how you can make them better   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Houghton, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Face- to- face meeting with Plexus employees who asked basic interview questions for teamwork and leadership within group projects in the engineering field. Also, asked for goals within position and overall career accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• describe how a time when you were working on a group project and a person was not fully cooperating and/or meeting deadlines. what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview after the career fair at my university. The recruiter offered me an interview on the spot, so I didn't have to go through the online application process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you had where the instruction or outcome was unclear.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Raleigh, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

Extremely disorganized and lengthy interview process. When the HR department first reached out to me they explained the process would consist of a phone screen with them, followed by a 1 hour technical screen with 2 engineers, then a phone screen with the hiring manager, and finally a final interview onsite. The HR department never called at the time we agreed to (and I left work early that day to accommodate), so I had to reschedule with them the following week. I got through the screen the following week then had the 1 hour technical screen about 2 weeks after that. The engineers were friendly and personable and most questions were not overly difficult though I was rusty after working 4 years in an engineering support position. The call with the hiring manager was equally stress free, but while on the phone with the hiring manager he informed me I was being considered for an Engineer I position (not the Engineer II position I had applied to). It would have been helpful to have that disclosed during my initial call with HR because I NEVER would have continued pursuing the opportunity. Furthermore, after my call with the hiring manager, the company wanted to do a SECOND 1 hour technical phone screen. At this point I was furious because HR missed my initial appointment, they changed the job title I was being considered for, and now they were deviating from the process HR originally laid out for me and adding a 4th phone call prior to bringing me onsite. I withdrew my application because my experience soured any positive views I had about working for this company and the interview process was interfering with my existing work schedule.

A ridiculously long and rigorous interviewing process for an entry-level position!

Recommendation to the company: Streamline your interview process. The existing process does not fit the job title or pay grade. I have seen technical management level positions requiring one phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Answering the same questions over and over again on separate phone calls is a waste of everybody's time. You lost a great candidate due to your disorganization and lengthy recruitment process.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

took a long time after applying to get in touch with HR to find out the next steps in the process. the hiring dates were constantly pushed back farther from original hire by date

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Plexus.

Interview

I applied through recruiter. it took about one week with Phone Interview and three Group Interviews. Final interview with the management team. I received an offer following week. Interview process is very straight forward but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are based on your previously achievements   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Plexus (Buffalo Grove, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, on-site interview with hiring manager and final step is panel interview with business partners. At final round, you will also be asked to present a short, personal overview of why your a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions that require real-world examples. "Give me an example of a time when your decision did not provide the desired result."   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Plexus (Neenah, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Process started with a phone screen. Onsite interview consisted of a candidate presentation and face to face interviews with members of the team that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to develop a strategy that would create value for your organization or customers.   Answer Question