Plexus Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Plexus President and CEO Todd Kelsey
Todd Kelsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance, lots of opportunities for spending time outside of work with other coworkers (in 15 reviews)

• Good working environment and shuttle bus is provided for staff travelling between the 4 sites (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance can sometimes be challenging (in 11 reviews)

• Then when you get everything done upper management gets all the credit (in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Mid Level Manager in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Mid Level Manager in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Plexus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plexus is a great company to work for. If you are looking for advancement opportunities, you can grow within Plexus. Good work/life balance, great benefits, interesting work, and incredibly smart leadership that are passionate about contract manufacturing . Plexus invests in their people!

Cons

You have to be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the voice of the internal customer.

2. "High Level Assembler and Test Technician"

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

Some of the people were great.

Cons

People problems, especially in some of the leadership, terrible pay for what I did, did the job of a test engineer but still got paid the rate for an assembler.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of the lower level guys who know their stuff. Often I should have been put into areas of leadership but no one would let me because of my title.

3. "Business Systems Analyst II"

I worked at Plexus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location(s) and good people.

Cons

The on-boarding, training program lack.

4. "Engineering"

Former Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Neenah, WI

I worked at Plexus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work for plexus for 11 years my co-workers were friendly and some of the best Engineers I've work with. There were many opportunities for advanced training and career development growth.

Cons

There is a poor culture related to payscale and retaining engineers longer than five years. Some of the best engineers get fired in favor of individuals who are cheaper and possess a better g
    ift of gab.

Advice to Management

Cheaper is not always better. People are part of the products and processes and their skills should be respected and not exploited.

5. "RUN"

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

Phones are allowed, everyone smokes weed, attendance policy is a joke.

Cons

Unorganized management, constant change in policies

6. "Down the rabbit hole"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I worked at Plexus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking to build experience in a position, and learn how to *not* do things...

Cons

Extremely embedded brush-fire management in lower-to-mid management. Consistent "implement now,and plan later" chaos.

Advice to Management

implement critical path planning groups comprised of non-visionaries, with line item veto ability.
    Set success criterion on a per-development basis, *prior* to plan implementation.

7. "salary"

Former Employee - Manufacturing in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Manufacturing in Neenah, WI

I worked at Plexus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

a lot of interaction with different deparments

Cons

high stress, poor management and low pay

8. "The Horror"

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

Medical insurance because you'll need it after working here. Always job opportunities because they love firing people. You'll be noticed when you work and wished you didn't have standards.

Cons

Family and work life ratio is a joke. Call overtime when there is no work. Raises are based on like ness not job performance or knowledge. Most group leads have no idea about what the product(s) the area builds. Verbal, mental and emotional abuse. They give you praise just to tare it down. Come work at Plexus if you wanna feel useless. %eww

Advice to Management

Get new group leads, supervisors and management. Stop promoting people because you like them. Not because they know what they're doing. Reward people on their work and knowledge.

Have the group leads team do peer reviews.

"Good co-workers and work environment"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Plexus full-time

Pros

Good company culture, people who are both smart and good to work with, with emphasis on hiring to maintain culture.
    Being a contract design company, lots of variety in the work, both the sector and technologies.

Cons

Very limited focus on recognizing, growing, and retaining good engineers. For a company where engineers ARE the product (contract design work), it's surprising this is not done better. In the couple years I've been there, I think all the experienced engineers I've worked with have either switched to management roles or left the company.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to attract and retain experienced engineers (in engineering roles). The lack of these senior guys makes it hard to get mentoring and support with technical development.

"Unfriendly atmosphere"

Former Employee - Production in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Production in Neenah, WI

I worked at Plexus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people to work with,they have alot of food events where vendors come in and serve food that you pay for,every other week you get 1 soda from their coke machine and a bag of popcorn,basketball and air hockey to play in the breakroom as well as 2 tvs to watch on your breaks as well as computers to use for internet. Insurance is offered when you get hired as well as 401k, human resources is very friendly,most of the holidays are off with pay,climate controlled building,you can listen to music while working.

Cons

Upper management is selected by people they know,they pick and choose who they want for promotions,there is quite a few higher ups that have their kids working there and the kids are cocky and arrogant,there is a large Hmong culture working there and they seem to get a double standard, very few are friendly, as well as every other culture there,most of the employees are unfriendly, no team work.
    Raises are low,it would take a person 3 to 4 years to make an extra $1. The planners that order the supplies for the workers are always a week to 2 weeks behind, making the production employees fall behind,thus making us work overtime to make up for lost production. Technology is there to have the machines label parts but instead they are doing it by hand. The pay could be alot higher. The canteen is what they run for food in the breakroom and the prices are a rip off,outside company events where you get payed on the clock to pick up trash or give blood or what ever else, are usually all based on first shift hours.
    Constant revolving door with employees who get trained and quit.

Advice to Management

You guys are the management,you figure it out, you do not want our opinions anyways.