Plexus Reviews | Glassdoor

Plexus President and CEO Todd Kelsey
Todd Kelsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life balance can sometimes be challenging (in 10 reviews)

• Then when you get everything done upper management gets all the credit (in 8 reviews)

1. "Market research analyst"

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

good work environment, co-workers, and work life balance

Cons

work not at a steady pace

2. "Great people, culture"

I have been working at Plexus full-time

Pros

Coworkers are fantastic, and management genuinely cares for their employees

Cons

Pay could be better, things move slowly, typical corporate process/policy issues

Advice to Management

Fewer buzzwords, more creativity

3. "Wouldn't recommend"

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

Co-workers
    Nice and clean building
    Nothing else

Cons

Management is really good at delegating
    Not a clear process for promotions
    You are just a number
    Quality of work
    Culture

4. "Rough"

Former Employee - Program Manager
    Former Employee - Program Manager

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

Career progression if you please the right people

Cons

You will either work a significant amount of hours or be considered a failure. Frequent layoffs with no real reasoning given for decisions.

5. "Production Associate"

Former Employee - Production Associate in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Production Associate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Plexus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Breaks, state of art manufacturing company, diversity place people are nice some, entry job, free coffee, good benefits

Cons

Low pay, some workers hate on u for their lack of experience, takes time to get hired on with the company, first shift favorites. Inventory guy is a hater

Advice to Management

Hired ur best workers n give out raises

6. "Poor wage, decent management"

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

At the time I was working on the floor, they allowed employees to wear headphones, which helped massively with the boredom of repetition.

Cons

High turnover of floor workers.

Advice to Management

Exploit the abilities of your workers better, there is already some cross training available but there should be a better way of creating an advancement path for competent workers.

7. "Review"

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

Coworkers are great and driven.

Cons

Managment needs work, not any communication with people under them.

"Just a number, not a person when you work for Global corp"

Former Employee - Just A Number in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Just A Number in Neenah, WI

I worked at Plexus (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is a pro only if you are management or HR production associates are not part of the team and communication is a big issue. They push quantity over quality.

Cons

Production associates are afraid to speak up because HR and management targets them if they do. They claim they want passionate, courageous people who will speak up if something is wrong but, when there is no communication, that is hard to do. Production associates do not recommend friends and family to work there because it has gone downhill, with bad management and HR on the floor. Upper management does not seem to care, they assume it will turn around on its own. They can not get experienced production associates to be PLs, supervisors or managers because, HR asks them to target certain production associates so, they take them from, Target, McDonalds ect. then tell associates to go to them when they have an issues. They have temps training temps because the training department is so bad, and nobody speaks up anymore because they say, it does not matter, and it will just get you targeted and fired. Most temps start and leave quickly when they find out things such as, you get fired before you can retire, and floor management and HR think anyone can be a class 3 solder in 6 weeks. 2 to 3 years, more like it. So, Not true but, company runs a lot of class three boards. You do the math.

Advice to Management

Go down and talk to the people on the floor. If you dont care that they are pushing quantity over quality then, do nothing, like you have been for the past 8 years. Get rid of your one sided HR and start over. The ones that stay are the targeters, the ones that leave are the good ones. Your current head of HRs are not good and dont listen but, you already know that based on your surveys which do not produce good results, yet you do nothing. The lady that gave the stress relief classes was so stressed out by our answers to her, she said if management in the upper offices knew this, they would not be happy. Well you must be because, we know you know. Have a floor full of people too afraid to speak up, is not good for your business as you can see but, keep blaming the people on the floor. That will fix nothing. Keep telling us to go to our HR, manger, supervisor and PL, when they are your issue, and know nothing and either guess, or straight out tell us they dont know. We know they dont know, but you leave us nobody to go to, when we say nobody, it is everyone involved with your floor operations.In turn, upper management gets lied to, not all their fault as they are believed. They should come to production associates that do the job but, their egos run high and they would not take the blame. Well someday they will, then there will be a change. Where there is a will, there is a way. Ignoring the issues production associates have, just grows your current issue you have, with people above them, not solves. Stop having friends advance friends, base it on skills. Your culture and values you show, are not what is currently going on. Cant hide behind words forever. Discrimination is rampant among current protected floor management and HR, that upper management is aware of, not everyone signs your termination agreement for many, many, many reasons, and upper management does not seem to care, it goes on. You can fool some of the people some of the time but you cant fool all of the people all of the time. Having to raise your hand to go to the bathroom, then be denied may work overseas, but not in America. Next youll be handing out depends, when people start their shift. Wisconsin is one of three states that picked free enterprise, now live with that choice and stop asking the state to bail you out, start listing to your production associates on the floor, dont ask your current floor management and HR, to ask for you, they are your issue and blame the people below them for their bad choices. Send someone from the top to ask, one on one. There is bad moral and a whole lot of people afraid to speak up. If that is how you want your business to run, then stop asking every year how to fix it. Its annoying, we speak, floor management and HR twist what we say, to take the blame off them, and you believe them. Free enterprise. Keep terminating good employees based on age, and disabilities, not many new people come in and stay, so stop wondering whats going on. Not many recommend Plexus to friends and family, stop wondering why. You either want to fix your issue or not. When its been 8 years, cant see any end in sight. We know, your Global, you dont care.

9. "Good company...if you live in Wisconsin"

I worked at Plexus full-time

Pros

Good technologies, processes and people in general.

Cons

Very inbred in terms of leadership and culture

Advice to Management

Open your aperture to new ideas and people.

10. "Manufacturing Technician"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Plexus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Any easy company to get into the field with.

Cons

Very poor compensation when compared to local comparative companies/positions. However, this is expected when correlating required qualifications.