PointSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PointSource (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

First HR was calling you to discuss your background. Asking you to describe the projects you are doing and some basic information about you. They ask about what is the most challenge when you are doing project. From what HR told, look like I have the qualification to get in the next round but no luck

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PointSource (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. They were genuinely interested in getting to know me. All staff seemed to really enjoy working there and the work they produce is great.

Interview Questions

• Choose an app that you would improve and explain why   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PointSource in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted via email by the person in charge of the design group and then spoke with her on the phone. In her own words she said she enjoyed the chat and was looking forward to speaking again. I spent time collecting work samples specific to the role she was sourcing and shared them. Then nothing - ghosted. Other interviewers were pleased with these samples which makes this all the more odd.

This seems to be consistent with other interviewees' experiences I read here on Glassdoor for this company. This was a waste of time and I'll be sure to let people I know in Dallas about this division they are trying to grow here. It will get harder for them now as it should. What is so odd to me is this is user experience yet they're not doing a great job of designing the interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Various culture fit questions as well as experience. Focused on experience leading workshops.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PointSource (Raleigh, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

HR first round then with another BA second round. They told me about two weeks for a second interview if I made it to that round. I assumed I had not until a month later when they scheduled the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked to step through my resume and discuss my BA experience. Also asked to discuss agile experience.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PointSource (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

No feedback after submitting take home project. sort of feel waste of time. If possible at least provides some feedback, so people wont feel too bad for spending hours of coding.

Interview Questions

• create an a api using nodejs to consume their data and shuffle a deck of cards.   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PointSource (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Started with a phone interview that took about 30 minutes and then moved forward to a face to face interview that took about 2-3 hours. Interviewers decided to change job requirements after interviewing candidates.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PointSource in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very cursory phone screen by an H.R. specialist. It seemed to be mostly basic screening questions based on the online job posting. I was able to discern this because I asked the interviewer what it was about my application that made the company want to speak with me and she was not able to answer.

Interview Questions

• What were my salary expectations?   1 Answer

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PointSource in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant and knowledgeable considering her position. Questions were focused on my current and past work experience. There were no technical testing questions. I was invited to take a test of sorts in the form of completing an online project.