Populus Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2018

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

technocal interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Populus Group in December 2013.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter about the specific assignment.
    Spoke briefly over the phone with a recruiter. Met the recruiter face to face two days later. Discussed possible salary and benefits options. Negotiated the salary and benefits options for the next couple of days. Upon agreement, I was set up directly with a client interview which was successful.

Interview Questions

• It was just regular technical questions pertaining to the particlar requirement for Full-stack Java web development position.
      What is Javascript?
      What is html templating?
      How do you implement security in a Java web application with Spring?
      What is the life cycle of a servlet?
      What are the differences between a Servlet and a Spring Controller?
      What is the difference between a Set and a List?
      How do you sort a list of objects in Java?
      What is Hibernate?
      How many ways are there to get data from the database using Hibernate?
      What is the difference between a left join and a right join?
      What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?
      How do you troubleshoot a slow select query?
      Ho do you troubleshoot performance problems in a Java web application?   Answer Question

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Populus Group (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Review was good, very hard questions to answer for someone without exp. Honestly, when being interviewed by a foreigner that speaks too fast, it makes it very hard to understand. That can ruin the interview. asking someone to repeat themselves every other minute is annoying for both participants, especially over the phone. Need to ask for a face to face in order to get a better chance of getting the job. what do you do when you cant understand the interviewer? Its not fair to anyone when that happens and you will most likely not get the job do to semantics.

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group (Bellevue, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 rounds and a job shadow.

1st interview: was with the CEO of the company. He was very fun to talk to and asked questions that weren't basic interview questions. At one point he even asked me to rate his performance as an interviewer. The process took two hours.

2nd interview was over the phone and the questions were a bit more forward, that interview was also two hours

3rd interview was with the head of CSC. She was really nice and asked more straight forward questions as well. This interview was also 2 hours long.

After that I didn't hear anything for almost a week. Then I was asked to job shadow. I'm not sure what a job shadow is suppose to consist of but I didn't do anything other then ask questions for an hour and a half. I didn't listen in on phone calls or see any actual work done. They just showed me what software they use and that was it. I was passed off to three different people during the job shadow, they all basically showed me the same thing every time.

I was told they would call me within a few days but they never did.

Interview Questions

• Whats the worst thing your previous employers would say about you?
      Do you regret anything?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

1 phone screening - Quick screener by internal recruiter who wanted mostly to weed out definite culture mismatches.
    2 phone interviews - A lot of personal questions, digging in deep to personality questions. Some 'on the job experience' types of questions.
    1 panel interview - long interview, mostly culture fit questions.

Populus Group is truly interviewing to find people that they think will thrive in the company...not necessarily who will thrive in a specific role.

Interview Questions

• Culture and personality based, mostly. They're looking for gritty, humble people who are able to openly communicate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Populus Group (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially there is phone interview with the client. They ask about generic questions. Then if we clear that there would be a face to face interview with the client. We can get some information regarding the client interview before hand so that we can prepare. we also get enough time. Once the client interview is done, they will let us know.

Interview Questions

• My experience and whether I would fit in the new work environment.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

Populus was a pass through employer for a contract position I was working on. Phone screening and background processing was painless and simple. The on boarding afterwards was just as simple and painless.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to work in the US and able to pass a background check.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group (Lisle, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews. I have rated the interview difficult because it's difficult to talk about personal things with a potential employer that should be asking about your work background.
    1. Phone Screen
    2. Phone interview w/Recruiter
    3. Phone interview w/Recruiting Manager
    4. In person interview w/Manager- MSP
    Now the first actual interview with the recruiter was fine. The interview with the recruiting manager however was by far the most uncomfortable interview I've ever been in. He asked 1 to many personal questions. After some time it became apparent that he was digging for something negative in my past so as to discount my abilities to perform as a recruiter. He harped on things that were literally from my childhood as to say that was who I currently am. I honestly don't know many people that are the same as they were in childhood as they are today as adults. So I was VERY upset by the end of the call however I hid it rather well I'd say. The next inter view wasn't really any better & by the time I arrived to the location I tool one look & said "NOPE, this is not the place for me!" in my head at least. However as I'd already braved the journey I stayed for the interview. My actual interviewer didn't care about what was on my resume, he again wanted to dig into my personal.
    All this said I can understand that because people spend so much time at work until it's literally a 2nd home, however I like to keep my personal life as such. It's non of your business as an employer about what's going on in my home unless it affects my work & when it does then you can ask the questions that were asked in these interviews.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

The interview process is ridiculous. 4 phone interviews and one in person interview. They did not select me for the recruiter position, but wanted to interview me for a different role. After 4 phone interviews and an in person interview...I shouldn't have to go meet in person again. By then, they should know if they want to hire me or not. The process is a bit ridiculous. Although I appreciate that they want to select the right fit to avoid a high turnover, this was a bit much. I did not move forward with the process.

I do like the fact that they do a great job of getting to know the person. They also do a great job of making sure the candidate gets to know the company culture.

Interview Questions

Populus Group Response

Apr 12, 2017 – Communications Manager

Hello and thank you for the feedback. We'd love to hear more about your experience and get your ideas for improvement. Shoot us an email at PGFeedback@PopulusGroup.com when you have a moment to... More

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group (Lisle, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

-Initial Phone Screen
                -Is this a role that you would like
                -Outline of company culture
                - General overview of pay structure and office vibe
    -Phone Interview
               -Go over how much "recruiting" sucks (it does/doesn't)
               - Look for holes/gaps in work history
               - Push on these to see how you react/handle it
    -In person interview
              -Attitude interview
              -Interviewer shows little to no emotion during the process
              -Will coach/give you feedback on responses (to see how you react)
              -Go into the office and meet team
              -Team will ask you questions
              -You will do a mock Phone Cold call with another office

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions on hard and soft skill sets-- Be Ready to answer why recruiting, because it sucks....   1 Answer