Populus Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Populus Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group (Lisle, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews. I have rated the interview difficult because it's difficult to talk about personal things with a potential employer that should be asking about your work background.
    1. Phone Screen
    2. Phone interview w/Recruiter
    3. Phone interview w/Recruiting Manager
    4. In person interview w/Manager- MSP
    Now the first actual interview with the recruiter was fine. The interview with the recruiting manager however was by far the most uncomfortable interview I've ever been in. He asked 1 to many personal questions. After some time it became apparent that he was digging for something negative in my past so as to discount my abilities to perform as a recruiter. He harped on things that were literally from my childhood as to say that was who I currently am. I honestly don't know many people that are the same as they were in childhood as they are today as adults. So I was VERY upset by the end of the call however I hid it rather well I'd say. The next inter view wasn't really any better & by the time I arrived to the location I tool one look & said "NOPE, this is not the place for me!" in my head at least. However as I'd already braved the journey I stayed for the interview. My actual interviewer didn't care about what was on my resume, he again wanted to dig into my personal.
    All this said I can understand that because people spend so much time at work until it's literally a 2nd home, however I like to keep my personal life as such. It's non of your business as an employer about what's going on in my home unless it affects my work & when it does then you can ask the questions that were asked in these interviews.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Populus Group (Lisle, IL).

Interview

The interview process for me wasn't too bad. I only had two interviews. One was a culture interview where I interviewed with someone in leadership. This interview is to determine if you fit in with the culture of the company/office. My second interview was more situational questions and typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How I work with others and my background   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Populus Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Cordial atmosphere and warm and friendly staff. Basic questions on strength and weakness and why you are interested in the job came up. The initial recruiter took time to allay my fears as a recent graduate and made an effort to get me relaxed.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Populus Group (Bellevue, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from the company on LinkedIn about an opportunity to work internally at their offices in Bellevue. She said I would be a great fit for one of their positions and wanted to speak to me. I've had pretty negative experiences with recruiters, but I thought since this was going to be a position at the actual company, it would be fine.

She called me and asked how I was doing. I said that I was doing okay, then she pauses for a quick second then says "umm, uhh okay". Right away, I already knew what the outcome was going to be. We talk for about 10-15 mins about my experiences, skill sets, etc. She asks questions that made it seems like she was interested.

At the end of the call, she said she was going to send me the job description right away and if I was interested in it, she would speak to her manager. Guess what? No email. I contacted her back on LinkedIn an hour after the initial screening and gave her my email address again so she could send it. No reply. The next day, I contacted her again and waited all day for a reply and still nothing.

Seriously though? It takes 5 seconds to send over an email. Why would you waste your time and my time talking to me if you were just going to ignore me? Be professional. If you didn't want me to begin with, just say so right away, so I can move on.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

Very negative interview experience. Had initial phone screening which was fine then had the phone interview. Lasted about an hour and 15 minutes and was extremely uncomfortable. I was asked questions about my family and personal life which I in no way felt comfortable answering at all. I felt like I was in a therapy session where the only thing discussed was bad and painful things about my past. However, at the end they said they would like to move forward and set up an in person interview and would contact me later that week but they never did. Even if they had I would not have gone through with it because I was so incredibly turned off by the phone interview. I get that they want to be thorough and find out who the candidate is but the way they went about it was inappropriate and not okay.

Interview Questions

Populus Group Response

Aug 15, 2016 – Manager of Training and Organizational Development

I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Our interview processes is intended to help both parties identify if Populus Group is the best choice for the candidate, not to make anyone feel ... More

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Onsite Interview, went calm and got selected. The manager told response after one week, excited to work at client location as it's a big organization. My recruiter from Populus/Jaime Castilo helped me to get confidence on interview

Interview Questions

• Regarding my experience and projects worked.   1 Answer

General Motors Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Populus Group (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Wasn't interviewed by Populus Group, but interview was easy. Went to GM for one day and was interviewed by a GM employee. Overall, it was an easy process and did not take long.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

1 phone screening - Quick screener by internal recruiter who wanted mostly to weed out definite culture mismatches.
    2 phone interviews - A lot of personal questions, digging in deep to personality questions. Some 'on the job experience' types of questions.
    1 panel interview - long interview, mostly culture fit questions.

Populus Group is truly interviewing to find people that they think will thrive in the company...not necessarily who will thrive in a specific role.

Interview Questions

• Culture and personality based, mostly. They're looking for gritty, humble people who are able to openly communicate.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

Populus was a pass through employer for a contract position I was working on. Phone screening and background processing was painless and simple. The on boarding afterwards was just as simple and painless.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to work in the US and able to pass a background check.   Answer Question

Payroll Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

The process began with me being contacted by a recruiter for Populus Group and spending some time talking with her about my background, the company, and the job I'd applied for. She then scheduled a phone interview for me. The phone interview is considered their cultural interview, meaning they want to see if you'd be a good fit for the company as company culture is very important to them. Next, an in-person interview was scheduled for me at their local office. This was the technical interview, having to do with the job itself. Everyone I interacted with was great and I got a good impression of Populus Group. Unfortunately, I was not chosen for the position and did not have what would have been a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were the type where they ask you to "describe a time when...", like "Describe a time when you received criticism on your work" or "Tell me how you've responded when someone in your group wasn't doing their part?"

Also be prepared with questions about the company and about the position you are applying for.
      Answer Question