Populus Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Populus Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Populus Group

2.9

Onboarding Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter reached out to me. Asked some dumb behavioral questions during the phone screen. They asked me in for an interview, I met with two people. More dumb behavioral questions. They had me shadow someone working, job looked very easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

Was interviewed 3 times. Every interview becoming longer and more intense. The last interview is when I know I wanted to work at Populus Group. I got to connect with my manager in a really honest and upfront way.

Interview Questions

• There is a culture interview   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Their recruiter reached out and we scheduled an interview. The time for the interview came and no call/no email. Apparently this is a common thing with their hiring process judging by these other reviews.

If you no longer want to meet with them, take the 10 seconds to send them a cancellation email. This kind of thing just makes the company look unprofessional.

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Populus Group (Irving, TX) in November 2019.

Interview

The preliminary interview process with the recruiter and in-person interviews went well. However, waiting for a decision from senior management was a nightmare. Interviews were completed in November 2019 and it wasn't until mid-January 2020 that they told me the position was on hold. The whole process was definitely a waste of time. I would think twice before applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Populus Group.

Interview

Did not receive an actual interview because the recruiter failed to call me at the scheduled time for the initial phone screening. Complete and utter waste of time and effort.

Human Resources Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Populus Group (Troy, MI) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied to this internal position on LinkedIn and received a response from a recruiter the next day. We scheduled a phone interview but she never called nor did she send a message canceling our meeting. Very unprofessional. I saw that another candidate had the same experience. Shameful that a recruiting and staffing company would fail at doing their job.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Populus Group in March 2019.

Interview

I had 2 phone screens; the first was with an internal recruiter, and the second with a hiring manager. Their questions were fairly standard for screening calls, but red flags about the job/company were raised during my process, including (but not limited to):

1. During my first screen, the interviewer literally said "recruiting sucks!" ... That's really great to hear when interviewing for a recruiting job
    2. Both interviewers kept pushing the fact that this was a 100% sales job ... for some that might not be a big deal, but to me it was since I don't agree with the view of people=dollars.
    3. During my second screen, I found out there was travel involved ... The job description didn't mention this, and the first interviewer didn't mention this
    4. According to the job description, their training program is 3 weeks ... this isn't necessarily true. Based on what I was told, there's only a week of actual job training, and in order to switch over to salary you need to reach certain thresholds. I was told this process takes 3-6months.
    5. At the end of my second screen, I was told I would hear feedback by tomorrow. I never heard from them again, whether it was yes or a no - even after I sent a message asking for an update.
    6. Without outright saying the words, I was told working weekends isn't out of the norm, and even expected.

Ultimately, I had decided after the second screen that I wasn't going to pursue this job any further.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why recruiting?
      2. Tell me about a failure, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Populus Group (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewer did not seem prepared whatsoever and they had many “brain freezes.” I had already mentally checked out within the first ten minutes because of how this interview was going. Interview questions were read off a piece of paper that they then wrote down answers to as if we were in class.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Populus Group (Bellevue, WA) in November 2018.

Interview

Internal Recruiter reached me on LinkedIn, we scheduled an phone screen. I waited and waited and she never called! i sent her an email and never got an answer. it's not Professional and disrespectful behaviour.

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Populus Group (Burlingame, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone interview first. If all goes well, you will have an interview onsite with the managers of the team you will be working for. If that goes well, you may have one more interview with their manager.

Interview Questions

• They ask more personal questions to get to know who you really are.   Answer Question