Postmates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Postmates

1.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Postmates (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

it went pretty quickly, they brought me in for multiple interviews in the office (no phone interview). they really liked me and gave me a date by which they would let me know. when this date passed, I reached out and got no response. over a week and a half after this date, they let me know they'd gone with an internal candidate. they don't have a recruiting department so the ball gets dropped as people are hiring for roles AND doing their own jobs. the company still has some sorting out to do in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Postmates (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Long story short: I had 4 interviews in fairly quick succession and never heard back, either way.

I sent in my application and heard back surprisingly quickly. I was taken through 4 rounds of interviewing over the phone and/or over Skype. After the last round, the interviewer told me that they (my contact within the company) would be in touch soon.

A week went by.

I reached out to my contact and asked what as going on. She told me to hang tight because they were trying to get another (a 5th!) interview set up.

3 weeks go by and no word.

I reach out again to the same person and she responds, looping in the final person that interviewed me for follow up. It's been almost 2 weeks and I've heard nothing.

It's fine I wasn't offered a position; that is part of the application process.
    It's not fine that I received ZERO follow up or any sort of explanation.

It was overall a disappointing experience and doesn't inspire a lot of trust in the company.

Interview Questions

• They all asked similar questions that were mock-situational. If (blank) happened, what would you do? Why do you think (blank) is not growing as quickly as we thought it would? How would you keep couriers happy when/if (blank) happens/is happening?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Postmates (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, the process was pretty simple though I thought it was a little weird that they asked for salary requirements online vs. in an interview. I was reached out to for an interview with in a few days. We setup our first interview after about a 12 days because the guy that was supposed to be interviewing me went on vacation and I got lost in the cracks. Then even before the day of my interview my interviewer mixed up the dates and I had to apologies for her mistake. On the day of my first interview my interviewer said that "she wasn't feeling good" and asked if we could just talk through Skype IM. I agreed and this went on for a little bit until she then called me and we completed the interview process (she didn't look sick, and said she might have ate something bad for lunch). The interview did not go well and left me with a bad taste in my mouth which made me surprised when I received an email requesting another interview. The second interview went a lot better and I was able to dive deeper into what the companies expectations where. The third interview was over the phone and lasted about 8 minutes,(weird but ok). A few days after my final interview I received an email saying that they wanted to send me a offer letter but wanted me to agree on a date first which again was not the way I am used to doing business but I replied with my start date and stated I looked forward to the offer (about a month and a half out). I got a reply saying that they wanted me to start in 2 weeks but would extend it to 3 weeks "just for me". and as soon as I agreed to the time I would get my offer. I was not going to agree to something with out seeing an offer so I replied that they can attach that date to the offer and I look forward to seeing it. I got a call 6 days later in which the manager asked what my salary requirements were (which I posted on line so I was confused why I was being asked again) after stating what I would like to make he said that the position was strictly 40,000 a year (which was a lot less then I get now) and that it was not negotiable. I stated what put online and he said im sorry no know talked to you about this earlier.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about postmates? Have you ever fired anyone? Are you ok with operations because that is mainly what this job is?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Postmates in August 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional process. Applied August 2015 for Community Manager position for Columbus Ohio. Received response within a couple of days to setup Skype interview with Regional Operations Manager. Interview started nearly 30 minutes late, due to an unspecified crisis at HQ. The ROM never enabled her video, although she was able to see me. I was asked to review my resume in brief, receiving little feedback during the process. Then, I was put on hold briefly, after which I was told that she had "real problems" on her end that had to be dealt with. She asked if she could get back with me later to reschedule the interview, so that I could be given the attention that I deserved. I agreed & terminated the call- total length of call, about ten minutes. I immediately followed up with a text message & an email, assuring the ROM that rescheduling was no problem. I never heard from her again. After the quick scheduling of the interview based on my strong resume, followed by the abrupt dumping of me from the process, I can only assume that once the ROM viewed that I was an over-50 professional, she lost all interest in pursuing my candidacy. All of my research indicates that Postmates is a youth-centered company, so I may not have been a good fit. However, since my resume details twenty years of professional experience, it should have been apparent that I wasn't a kid knocking on the door. I would have expected the ROM to at least complete a cursory interview, followed by a "not a good fit" dismissal of my candidacy. In six months of job searching, this is the most irritating interview experience that I've had.

Interview Questions

• Not one useful question was asked, except for "Go over your resume briefly".   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Postmates in May 2015.

Interview

The beginning of this process was a train wreck. I received an email from the hiring manager to set up a time to chat via phone or video. We agreed to chat via Skype and the hiring manager never showed. I know he read my email asking him if we need to reschedule due to the tracking software I have on my account. However he only responded once I notified the corporate office about this. After rescheduling and chatting with the local office I never heard back from them about next steps.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Postmates.

Interview

-Video interview with head of east coast operations
    -In person interview in DC office
    -Video interview with head of HR

After having these interviews and feeling pretty good about it..... NOTHING... I even reached out to the first two people I interviewed with in an email, since I had both of their emails, and I still did not hear a word from them. Pretty unprofessional in my opinion.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Postmates (Nashville, TN) in November 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR. Two follow up calls with department managers. Interview with managers was very simple and easy. Honestly felt like lunch/dinner conversation. After the second call, he said he would pass everything along to the recruiter/H.R. Waiting to hear back for the job offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Postmates.

Interview

Interviewer was annoyed and condescending. He did not know how to appropriately conduct a code interview, he cut me off while I was thinking out loud, and didn't offer any tips when I was stuck. He did not want to be there and that was very apparent. I didn't do very well, partly due to the environment created by the interviewer, but after that I would not have worked there anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Postmates (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a brief phone call, with few details given for the role. They proceeded immediately to a multi-hour coding test, demanding an up-front time investment.

An onsite for the following week was scheduled, only to be cancelled on *Superbowl Sunday*. I was called and told that the position no longer exists. It would have been polite to clear that slight detail with HR *before* my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• Build a multi-provider geocoding proxy and push it to Github.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Postmates.

Interview

Two tech interviews, one high level infrastructure interview, chat with design, and chat with manager. Surprisingly great time with the tech and infra interviews. Great problems, good challenge with flow and expounding necessary, and fantastic chatter between the interviewers and I. High level infrastructure was fun and not too scary (I don't do devops or infra design), and the interviewer was happy with that and provided incredible back-and-forth. Chats with design and manager were equally enjoyable, illuminating, and informational. One of the best interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• An interesting problem of a simple GET/SET API format that had subroutines, and handling rollback/confirmation.   1 Answer