KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 384 of over 501 reviews

3.8
Postmates Co-Founder & CEO Bastian Lehmann
Bastian Lehmann
Pros
  • "Inclusive and collaborative work environment(in 18 reviews)

• "Catered lunch three times per week and snacks(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Depending on your market, there is not much work/ life balance(in 18 reviews)

• "sometimes things can fall thru the cracks with upper management(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Postmates

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Postmates and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Independent

Jul 31, 2021 - City Carrier Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Independent work on my own schedule

Cons

Not enough pay for the week

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great people, interesting challenges, but not the best comp.

Sep 9, 2021 - Sales Operations in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Interesting challenges and projects to work on

Cons

Not the best comp, but not terrible either for a smallish company. Very little opportunity for advancement

3. 4.0

CSR

Sep 10, 2021 - Customer Support Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Feedback Guidance Understanding Great

Cons

Communication issues Hour Flexability Time

4. 5.0

na

Aug 10, 2021 - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

cool cool cool cool cool

Cons

this was a great company

5. 4.0

postmates

Aug 8, 2021 - BizOps Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

exposure to great very smart people

Cons

experience highly dependent on who you report to

6. 3.0

Postmates Review

Aug 3, 2021 - COE SPECIALIST II
      Business Outlook

Pros

This job was very flexible as I was able to change my schedule multiple times due to having a school schedule. It was also very reliable and convenient for my situation.

Cons

The biggest con to this job was having to move to different locations and the unpreparedness that came with it. The office downtown was nice, but the parking situation was never taken care of. The new location at Royal Pkwy was worse and ruined the pros of the job.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

EXTREME GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES BUT PREDJUDICED FAVORTISIM FROM HR & MIDDLE MNGMT RACIALLY PRIVILEGED CLICKS

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Operations Lead in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company if you look at the business model & CEO- San Francisco Leadership Drive & awesome Macro Management Techniques! This company definitely will allow you to grow from within & even encourages input & implementation ideas from all levels & departments! It was truly rewarding to help grow and make 1# this exciting & booming start up! Pay was decent starting out even in Buyer, Merchant, Fleet & the new PLOS. A basic CSR (mostly all email, luv it!), could easily start out at $18 per hr. , with plenty of OT & WOW THE BENEFITS!@ FREE BLUE SHIELD Cali, & u don't have to be married to put your other half on there! Amazing Dental with 50% off braces. I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled, and you gotta put me out lol, gas me! Near 3K dental bill but I paid $120! Vision excellent! Able to get new lazer diagnostic test and saved 60-70% off of my glasses! $1,400 glasses (bifocals), I paid around $400! Free 50K life insurance & for $6 a paycheck, I could keep increasing it 50K, had mine at $100K. PTO & Sick days accrued but seems like 30, & 3 weeks vacation, annually of course. The most attractive aspect was the AMAZING PEOPLE I met, learned from and grew the company with. We definitely created a sense of family & that is what I so miss the most about Postmates. I'm not sure how they are doing now, but I did have stock, and need to check on that. YES FREE STOCK AND IT ACRUES TOO!!@ BECAUSE OF THEIR "PODS" TRAINING WHICH MIRRORS GOOGLE & APPLE- BUSINESS MODELS. I'M SOLD ON CALIFORNIA COMPANIES! ALWAYS EXSQUISITE MEALS FROM POSH RESTAURANTS SUCH AS MAGGIONO'S, OR $$$ TEX MEX & HAD VEGAN MEATLESS MONDAYS! Sorry for the caps but all the free organic snacks like fresh Avocado, Mangos, Bannana's, Blue Berries, Brown Cage Free Eggs, cheeses, multi grain breads, trail mixes....I could go on and on!@ Local coffee brewery coffee $$$. IM A FOODIE SO BIG PERK! EXPERIENCED FORTUNE 500 Senior Management that worked with you not at you. Basically, if you got your foot in the door, the sky was the limit. We always had fun contest, company paid community service projects! Yep give back to your favorite charity & the company pays YOU! I taught economics to 8th graders at a middle school & had a blast!@ We went and had company outings like Lazer Tag & lots of fun games & karaoke 🎤 haha! For me being paid hourly in a Leadership role was the best! No salary ball & chain, nope as much OT as we wanted due to business booming consistently! 7-8K a month take home wasn't bad for Nashville in a Lead Management Team Role. MY 2ND FAVORITE ASPECT WAS, "I stood up, defended and made sure career minded professionals got the exposure they deserved, while also exposing the archaic favoritism." This was a Dr. MlK moment for sure! Even though I'm not black, I am a minority and will always stand up for equality in this great country of ours!

Cons

I'd given a 4 or 5 star rating if not for the Organization & HR failures. As with most companies that grow to a Billion dollar company in 3 years; there was always inconsistencies in middle management. HR definitely dropped the ball in the recruitment & placement of managers under qualified. Some how Racially privileged minded management did slip through the cracks- allowing for favoritism. Let's just say due to these shortcomings, minorities usually took back seat. It was basically like a lottery, either you got snake eyes or you crapped out with the wrong Manager Leading your team. Really, 2-3 bad managers out of all wasn't bad odds. Lol. Then, some magagement team leaders never recognized for their knowledge and kept from promoting even when they taught their bosses everything. Shout out to my lead the best Lead from Milwaukee!@ That professional still lives in my head today and I'm sure by now has been rewarded for that genius mindset. Take away a few disasters and its an awesome opportunity.

Continue reading
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best company

Jun 24, 2021 - Content Specialist in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was a great company to work for. It was a fun culture, and the company always tried to be proactive instead of reactive with initiatives. There was a fair work life balance.

Cons

Uber bought the company and it shut down

9. 4.0

underpaid

Jul 10, 2021 - Enterprise Partner Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture environment, growth development, flexible vacation hours

Cons

underpaid, unstructured environment, very fast pace

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Fun job, great benefits, great people!

Jul 1, 2021 - Senior Account Executive in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Environment, fully stocked kitchen, work life balance

Cons

Sales can be stressful but, depends how you can maneuver.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 384 Reviews