Postmates Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Courier"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Make your own hours. Pretty consistent pay.

Cons

The days vary. Great days are amazing 17-20 an hour. Bad days are 7 or so an hour. Most users dont tip.

Advice to Management

I would like to know the destination of the delivery before I accept the job.

2. "MAKE MONEY BASED ON YOUR EFFORTS"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Venice, CA
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Venice, CA

Pros

Great way to make money on the side. The pay can be consistent if you're consistent.

Cons

Smell of food in your car, but it's really not that big of a deal.

Advice to Management

I wish we could get a free meal once a month or at least a free meal we can donate to the homeless.

"Needs Improvement"

I have been working at Postmates full-time

Pros

Benefits - You get a choice of up to 100% of paid benefits or 90% paid benefits. This depends on your selection. Postmates also pays for parking in nearby parking lots and also pays for the commute to and from work.

Location - Postmates location is in the center of every other small town or city nearby; this makes it an easy commute.

Cons

Separation - There is a separation between the customer service department and all other departments. It's almost as if customer service is frowned upon and every other department walks with an air of intelligence.

Power - There are some leads that use their title as a way to get away with the rules and regulations they hold everyone else accountable, such as being at work on time or helping out in the queue when it gets busy.

Advice to Management

Refine the rules/SOPs for everyone on the team and hold everyone accountable for their actions. In other words, promote and reward those who execute and deliver consistently.

"Good experience"

Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Postmates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome team
    Nice learning environment
    Company is growing fast
    Still small enough to have an impact
    Cross functional team is functional

Cons

Fast churn
    Office space is depressing
    Limited meeting room
    Standup is a waste of time
    Food is pretty terrible
    Pay could be better

"Sales"

I have been working at Postmates full-time

Pros

A very fast paced environment with great challenges

Cons

involved in so many things

Advice to Management

Communicate more to your employees

"Great company, the best job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Professional in Nashville, TN

I worked at Postmates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The community, the people. Being able to stand behind a company you truly believe in. The management is amazing, everyone is always extremely supportive and respectful. Fast paced culture, how you can speak to people all over the country and dramatically improve their experience in customer service. How the environment is always evolving and how the room for growth is easy accessible. How they cater lunches, and have the cafe full of (free, yes free) snacks. How responsive they are with suggestions for improvements and how they genuinely care about the success of each individual. Everyone is accounted for, meaning it doesn't feel like you are just a number. You have so many people to go to for critical thinking, problem solving and otherwise just comfort. You may experience a negative customer often, but being able to flip the switch and leave them satisfied feels like magic every time. They have incredible benefits, and have a good break system in place. You can listen to music while working, which to me is a big one. They pass out candy, I mean the list goes on and on.

Cons

If I had to say anything I wish there was better communication< I think individually it's great, but from higher ups to regular agents or through the several departments on deck---- I wish the communication was more open.
    Another con: would be how much gossip there is surrounding the departments. I think sometimes this can run off agents and leaders that are strong workers, and it also cuts into the overall feeling of the establishment. I feel if we had A, B wouldn't exist.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage growth within your workers by acknowledging their strengths, while also showing worth in each individual person by trusting them with information and paying them a respective wage.

7. "A must read!"

I worked at Postmates full-time

Pros

Insurance, Stock options after working when them for a year. Being able to work from home 2-3 days a week.

Cons

No bonus even if numbers were showing huge increase's. They only care about employee's located in SF. All the remote managers are looked at as if they don't do much even though they are working just as hard and if not harder then the employee's at HQ.

Advice to Management

If local managers have idea's for the local market they are in allow them to test the idea's out without having to do a long study on if it will be successful or not. Also every employee should be required to do 10 jobs a month so they can understand what it's like to be a courier.

"Really not worth the stress and low pay"

Former Employee - Operations in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Operations in Nashville, TN

I worked at Postmates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made for decent friends. I earned someneeded experience that landed me my current awesome job.

Cons

I met an ungodly amount of terrible people. Insurance coverage was promised from day one. I was only provided with my insurance numbers/cards about two months later. Solidly terrible leadership. No real company goals. CEOs mood really painted the mood for the day.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your CEO and rebuild from the top up instead of going through a mass lower level firing every 5-10 months.

9. "Not good at all. I worked and 20 days later i still haven't gotten paid."

I have been working at Postmates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If the job cpst $4.00 I can't see a customer giving $1.87 in tips. $1.00 or $2.00 ok.

Cons

None this job they stay with your tips. The company has a policy that tjey pay 5 days after last delivery. Is been 20 days and a tip is still pending.

Advice to Management

When someone works for you don't ignore there email. If they did work pay thepm and give them all their tip money.

"Some decent company perks but terrible environment"

Former Employee - Operations Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Postmates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch, snacks, and drinks. Quick promotions.

Cons

Executive team was extremely unsupportive and condescending to the customer service and operations teams. They would typically curse at us if a customer made a complaint on social media and we didn't catch it within five minutes and never invited the customers service team to company happy hours or events.

Advice to Management

Be better.