Potbelly Sandwich Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.0

Musician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Contact the manager directly and offer to play a set some day. Nobody checks soundclouds, youtube, resumes, etc. But if you are qualified, you'll already know this trade secret ;)

Interview Questions

• No questions really. Just play the right kind of music for the gig.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (East Lansing, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I was invited to attend an interview after applying online. Near the conclusion of the first interview, I scheduled a second interview. Within a day or two I got a call back inviting me to attend a third interview. I was told at the third interview that I would hear back by the following week. I never heard back, which was very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was easy. you came in said hello sat down. they asked questions like any other job and asked if you can lift and mop. asked about your qualifications and how long do you expect to work at the job

Interview Questions

• how do you treat customers   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

Interview

Easy-going questions asking about yourself and how you work in teams. Very friendly and very casual interview that was just to get to know you. Took only about 30 minutes and its pretty easy for them to gauge how you will work in teams and how friendly you will be to customers in a short time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one experience of a difficult time working in a team.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Short, fast, and to the point. I was asked some really down to earth questions. One of the fastest hiring processes i have ever been through. The manger was friendly and approachable.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a leader? Name a time when you had to be a leader.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed. I was contacted very shortly after (about thirty minutes later) to set up an interview. Two days later I went in and interviewed with the DM. There were three pages of interview questions. We started by going over my resume and I explained my position at each job and why I left. I also had to explain the gaps in my employment. From there he started on the questions. Have many examples in mind if you are a slow thinker like me! They are basically listening to your answers to see what kind of leadership qualities you have. They didn't not asked the typical sooo tell me about yourself question. I suppose that's because there were so many other detailed questions to answer. Know some history about the company and why you want to work for Potbelly. My first interview went pretty well, but right after he told me there is a two step interview process. So I scheduled another interview with the GM for the following week. I completely bombed that interview. Some of the questions were the same, but a lot were even more detailed. The questions are set up where you have to use the S.T.A.R. method to answer them all. I'd Google that if you don't know what it is. I personally feel I'd be great at the job, but I don't think my true potential came across during my interview. I suggest to sale yourself in your responses whenever you can sneak in your good qualities.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online because I heard they were Hiring. I did a few applications for different locations. 3 days later I was called to come in for my first interview and I go in today for a second

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty simple process. Had 2 interviews, one with the GM (store manager) and then a second one with the DM. Some of the questions were the same, but there were a few that were different. I got a verbal offer the same day as my second interview. I filled out a few pieces of paper and was sent a formal letter, which I had to accept.

Interview Questions

• What does courage mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Have you visited a Potbelly shop? What was your experience like?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you had an unhappy customer. What was the situation, what did you do, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Potbelly?   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with someone from HR. Because I am out of state she let me know up front relocation would not be provided and there is a set salary for the role. After the interview she referred me to the 2nd interview but wanted to ensure I was OK with no relo and the extremely low salary she offered upfront. I emailed her within 2 days and let her know I wanted to continue with the interview process.I planned to present a counter offer if offered the position. Someone from Potbelly called me to schedule a 2nd interview but I was on my way to the airport. I emailed her back to find out next steps and never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Ames, IA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position on indeed. I received an email for an interview over the phone. I answered for the time and date for the interview. I was interviewed over the phone. I was asked about my work experiences and why I wanted to apply for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my work experiences. I told where I worked, which was only related to food related business.   Answer Question