Potbelly Sandwich Works Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Potbelly Sandwich Works

2.0

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Reston, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

I luckily knew someone on the inside to give me a high recommendation. Sadly I had applied multiple times despite being told by said employee I was basically promised the job for I had previous work experience. My application was lost twice by the management but finally I got the chance to sit down with the General Manager. He briefly looked over my application only to see my availability and school completed. He wanted to know more about me and what I could bring to the company and their store more than anything else. I told him how dedicated I was to working and doing my best to help out the team. He was impressed on my abilities at my previous job and hired me on the spot. I took a $.10 pay cut for the hiring rate of $8.00 for non-previous food related jobs and I know they give +$.50 for any employees who have worked the food industry before. They are more interested in you and your work ethic than they are about where you have worked and contacting your employers.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our team, and are you a team player?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no real way of negotiating a higher starting rate because people who have worked there a year aren't making much more than you are so don't be offended. This is a prime job for teenagers still in high school but beware of this job eating away at any social life you have.

Anonymous Employee in Park Ridge, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Park Ridge, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Simply be yourself, I showed up to check up on my application one day and the manager interviewed me right there and then. Very casual and they ask you how long you want to work there and if you'd be willing to transfer if you go to college.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Des Plaines, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

You will be asked very simple questions like about times you've worked in a group. Just be optimistic and smile a lot. The interview is really easy. They are usually looking for people with great personality and ability to talk with customers. Anyone can make a sandwich.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you couldn't finish a project.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

Interview

basic interview questions, you have to apply online, everything is done online even when you have to.accept the job offer. Can start right away or within a week

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works.

Interview

Scripted interviews, everyone gets asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Vienna, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Why do you want to work at Potbelly?
    What do you believe to be the Potbelly Advantage?
    What is your opinion of great customer service?
    What do you think makes Potbelly different from other fast-casual restaurants?
    What do you think diversity is?

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes Potbelly different from other fast-casual restaurants?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they will either hire you at the wage they say they will or you will not be offered the job. Most typical starting wage is $8.00, that is a joke unless you are a high school student. Do realize that raises do not exist in the eyes of this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Washington, DC) in January 2010.

Interview

My first interview was in a DC shop, the process is fairly straight forward, after your called back you sit and talk with 1-2 managers in the shop usually an AM and GM. They discuss points of interest in your application as well as going over a bit about their culture and how they see you fitting in and asking you what you feel they want to see in someone.

Interview Questions

• There was no real technical questions, the only big thing they ask is how you feel you will fit into the shop as an associate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Wheeling, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

It was an incredibly friendly, relaxed, and overall not too stressful interview. The manager who interviewed me was very down to earth and didn't make the process seem too daunting. I came in with a nice pair of slacks and a button up shirt. The whole process took maybe 15 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (Vienna, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was surprisingly straightforward. Your character and charm is more important than anything else. Making the customer feel good is very important and its your job to make them feel that way. If you think dealing with people is difficult, then I strongly suggest looking for a job elsewhere.

If you have a positive attitude, you are a welcome addition to the team

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multitask and handle a sudden rush?   Answer Question
    • What is an example from your old job where you were able to provide excellent customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't think there is much room for negotiation. A certified trainer gets a $0.50 increase and free food with every new trainee. Work for that promotion ASAP.

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Potbelly Sandwich Works (San Marcos, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a new store opening, so the whole process was kind of different. They had a career fair type of setup with a tent that had a table and applications, and interviews going on that day and the next day. The interview was about 25 minutes and was pretty easy. We were just having a conversation. I got a call 5 days later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict within a team, and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer