Premier, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2018

2.7

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Premier, Inc. (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Had a Phone Interview, came in to take the Excel Proficiency, had another unscheduled interview while I was in, got a call back a couple of days later and got hired.

Contract Analyst Interview

Interview

I received a call from the company and did a phone interview with the recruiter. I then did a phone interview with the hiring manager. I then was sent a case study in which I was supposed to write up a 3-4 page paper in 48 hours. It took me a total of 7 hours to write the paper. I submitted it, and did not hear back. I followed up a week later, and the recruiter told me they offered someone else the job days ago. Explained that it was just bad timing. If another candidate was already being extended an offer, why ask someone to do a 3-4 page paper for no reason? Disrespectful process.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Premier, Inc. (Peoria, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Very involved, 3-4 step process. However, not every interview is the same as it depends on the interviewer and Member you'd be supporting. I not only interviewed with my potential boss but also the Member's entire Supply Chain Leadership Team. The questions were a mix of situational, demonstration and informal.

Interview Questions

• Demonstrate for me utilizing excel how you would clean up data that doesn't align nicely to run a successful cross-reference analysis.   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premier, Inc. in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed within two weeks of applying. First interview was basic phone screen. Second interview was with director. Lots of behavioral interview questions. There was no communication after the second interview and I found out that they already chose another candidate. They were good about getting the interviews setup timely, but very poor in communicating after the second interview what the process would be. I happened to speak with someone who I knew within the company that found out that they had already decided on another candidate. Thankful I had the two interviews, but very disappointed in the process for such a large company

Interview Questions

• Do you have any regrets in your career   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premier, Inc. (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website, they emailed me back rather quickly. Had phone interview, the recruiter was pleasant, mainly basic questions. Asked about projects on my resume and some basic "get to know you" questions, hobbies ect. Did not have on site interview I feel they probably had already found an applicant they wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Premier, Inc. (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

HR phone screen then on-site at their headquarters. They provided a generous travel reimbursement for my travel to Charlotte. The on-site was a group interview with two software developers and a project manager, only asked one coding question that was pretty simple. Then I got a tour of the facilities which are really nice located in the Ballantyne plaza in Charlotte, and was invited to stay for lunch but declined due to a long drive back home but would have been a good opportunity to network with current employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Premier, Inc. (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with Recruiter, followed by phone calls with different teams over the course of a week. After that they flew me to their headquarters for face to face meetings with 5 employees and a tour. All interviews contained some technical portions and some personality portions. Interview was very fair based on my experience level.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Premier, Inc. (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Two men from that each led their own software teams conducted a panel interview. One man would ask questions about my work style (teamwork, leadership, etc) and the other asked purely technical questions (data structures, coding scenarios, etc). The two men would ask the their question interchangeably so you could not focus on one aspect for two long (keep you on your toes).

Interview Questions

• If there is a stack of 20 coins and one of the coins is heavier than the rest, how would you quickly find the coin that is heavier? (Assume you have a scale to weigh the coins)   1 Answer
    • What would you do if your manager had asked you to perform a task a certain way, but you believed their was a better method to do so?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Premier, Inc. (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was tough but it was also fair. There was a heavy emphasis places on the technical portion of the interview. I had to go through several rounds of interviews before being offered a position.

I was very excited about this position and the culture seemed to be great in my department. I really enjoyed speaking with everyone involved in my interview process. The benefits also seem to be great.

One con though is that the company appears to be a bit lost at this time. After receiving my job offer they are now stringing me along claiming that there is a hiring freeze for several of the positions within the branch I was hired. As a result I am left in limbo.

Interview Questions

• If you needed to optimize a SQL query using SSMS what steps would you take?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Premier, Inc..

Interview

I had a phone interview with them and a week later I received a email asking if I was interested in another location. I reply that I was interested and I never heard from them again.