Preqin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.5

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Preqin (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

There was no phone screen for this role, I was brought on site without ever speaking to a hiring manager. Came on site, waiting for ten minutes before interviewer came in, she asked two questions "walk me through your resume" and "do you have any questions for me."

It was a laughable, insulting waste of time. Terrible candidate experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Got the initial 15 minute phone screen. This was exactly like all the other Glassdoor reviews. Then was invited for an in-office interview. Met with 3 professionals that asked me all the questions that were posted on Glassdoor previously (i.e. where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you know about alternative assets, etc.). There was also a basic assessment after the interview testing basic math skills. Was invited for final round interview but did it over Skype because I was still in school, and it was more of the same. The people were very friendly, but everything on Glassdoor will help you with the interview. And the reviews from company employees were pretty spot on.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Started with an initial phone call going through resume, skills and why you want to work for the company. if that goes well then they will schedule an in house interview with 3 people. They ask you about your work experience for 15 mins and general questions then 45 minute assessment on basic maths and writing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years
      why preqin?
      What do you know about alternative assets
      What do you know about Private Equity   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Preqin in June 2015.

Interview

Three rounds. First round is a phone interview. If you pass this, you move to the two in-person interviews. The first in person interview includes a short 20 minute exam. If you pass this, you move to round three, which is the last of the interviews. This is usually with the head of research.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, basically looking to review your background, why you want to work for the company, career interests, etc   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Preqin.

Interview

I went through a phone interview with HR. She will ask you why you want to work there, what you know about the role, pretty standard prep questions. You will then schedule an in person second round interview with two managers who again will ask you about what you currently do, why you want to work there, etc. You should really do your homework on the company and understand their clients. Know the major asset classes covered: PE, Hedge Funds, Real Estate, and Infrastructure. Finally one last interview with the Head of US Operations, which is basically the same interview as number two. I heard back with an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult or intended to trick you. They basically want to see how well you mesh with the culture and if you can stay on top of your work which are deadline driven. If you don't have sales experience, show them that you can outgoing and persuasive.   Answer Question

PIN Consultant Interview

Interview

Normal interview - ask about your background. You'll get called back if they like you; if you're qualified. After the second call back, I knew I was going to receive an offer.

Lead Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Very comfortable, they just want to know why you want to work there, and what you know about the industry. I went through a phone interview, followed by a second in-person interview with 2 managers, and finally one more in-person interview with the head of the US office.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what we do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, but I now I know better, my salary started very low but within a year it was bumped up. I'd say if they give you a low ball offer just say based on my research into the company I would expect at least $60k base

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Preqin (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Two rounds of interview. Phone interview followed by face-to-face interview if phone screening is successful. Pretty standard questions, followed by a simple test of arithmetic and basic reading and understanding. Questions depend on the interviewer and are used to infer the candidate's attitude.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable speaking to C-level executives?   1 Answer

Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Preqin (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was basically a telephonic interview first followed up by written(Technical) exam and a quick chat after the chat around your resume, your past experiences and how well you resolved the problem. Then the final round is HR round.

Interview Questions

• Lot of behavioural questions   1 Answer

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Preqin (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

One of the worst interview that I ever attended. Seems like there is no HR department. 1st interviewer is a young team lead who chew on gum while talking to you. It's clear that she did not go through the resume and do not know how to interview. Looks arrogant and impatient, could be because the interview was conducted during lunch time. I told myself I wouldn't want to work with such person. 2nd interviewer is not much better, a young chap with a glorified title that seems to be more interested in the company that I am currently working in. Did not offer much information about the job and company. Seems to be fishing for information instead.