Prime Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prime Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.7

Company Driver Interview

Interview

I wouldn't call it an interview, it's more like a cattle call. They send you to Springfield, MO, put u in their hotel for a week. You have a week to do physical, drug test, interview, computer training. I finished all in one day but many had issues with drug tests and we're sent home. The interview was a guy looking at my history on a computer and asking about things on my record, two DUI, but dismissed and older than seven years. I expressed remorse and told him I didn't drink anymore and he printed me a name tag and called the next dude in. There is no interview, if u have 10 years work history or, clean driving record within 7 years you will be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable

Driver OTR Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prime.

Interview

I was intrigued by the unique training offered, so after submitting initial app, I had not heard anything so I contacted them. I was asked about my previous experience. I was surprised about the detail.

Interview Questions

• What is something your previous employer would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

It seemed very difficult to get a hold of the recruiter. More than normal. Got a bad feeling. Didn't get this elsewhere.

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

It's intense and you must have all your ducks in a row you were there for 7 days and they keep keep you very busy during the whole process. Be ready to share a room with a stranger. The Simulator part of the training seemed very minimal to Me you will learn just enough to get off on to the truck and that's where you will actually learn the whole process

Interview Questions

• Do you have any DUI or drug convictions. Do you have any felonies   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Prime (Omaha, NE) in March 2016.

Interview

Long time to time but it was the only one of my resume and I am not too late for me know what to expect to see you tomorrow morning at least a couple days and then I would be great

Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Prime in February 2015.

Interview

Extremely lengthy process and not fluid at all. Start to finish was about 4 months. Human Resources was very last minute on things and did not communicate with supervisors in regards to start date or with interviewee. There was a phone interview that was mostly behavioral in nature, then an in person interview with a panel of two managers and HR, then a second interview with the senior management. Finally a job offer about three weeks later. Then the drug test and background checks. I started approximately 6 weeks after the job offer.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

It went very fast and very good. The people doing the interview were very nice and asked very detailed questions as well as I did. I was prepared for what I was about to get into when I went to operations. It was right in target. N

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It went good I just asked a lot of questions

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Prime helped me get my cdl, they have a really good school, you get a room and your meals are covered by prime. You do have to pay them back, but it's worth every penny to get your cdl through Prime, the cost is around 3,333 bucks and they slowly take out of your checks. Schools will cost up to 10,000 dollars and your not getting a job also, like you do with Prime. The owner is a no sugar coating it guy, at 70 years young, he has built himself a nice company and really makes you feel like you come first, but don't be stupid out on the road. I left Prime because they lost a job bid on a dedicated route, and now I make less money and work harder. It sucks, I should have stayed with prime, now I'm paying the price.

Interview Questions

• They really check your work history and back ground.   1 Answer
    • Work history is a big deal   1 Answer
    • How long does it take to get you cdl   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is not easy job, you can kill yourself or others, so if your not tough, brave, or you love to sleep, don't waste your time, you won't make it.

Internal Audit/Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

Got called into the CFO's office and had a conversational style of interview. We sat in his office and he ask questions to get to know me more to see if I would fit into the company's culture.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the position that I was applying for   1 Answer

OTR Interview

Interview

its a week process $100 entry fee and extensive background check physical paperwork be honest on all paperwork will be sent home if discrepancies are found will leave with a trainer for 3 weeks then come back to yard to test for cdl then run 2 months with a trainer before you get your own truck assignment

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prime (Springfield, MO).

Interview

When asked what the career path for a broker was, I was told by the interviewer that she didn't know what I meant. When I explained it to her she said there was no chance of getting promoted into management positions.