ProTransport-1 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2018

2.1

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cotati, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ProTransport-1 (Cotati, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied on craigs list. Then had to go to their site to do application. Was called for interview after a week. Had four people interview me in a conference room.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years. What was something you were proud of in your last job. Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer
    • What are you expectations of your supervisor.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We would like to offer you the job if you are interested. Had the interview on a Monday they called on Thursday.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cotati, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ProTransport-1 (Cotati, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I went to a job fair at the double tree. I spoke to Hannah the recruiter and told her about my medical assistant degree -but my lack of experience. She encouraged me to apply. I then applied online. The recruiter called me after two days. I believe the fair was on a Thursday and I heard back on Monday or Tuesday. I had an interview that Thursday. I heard back the next week on Monday that I was hired. I had to pass a physical that they paid for and a drug test. They tell you where to go.

Interview Questions

• What are my strengths. Tell me something you are proud of. Why should we hire you? what are your weakness's? Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it. What do you know about our company. Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cotati, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ProTransport-1 (Cotati, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview a week after applying. The interview itself was conducted in a conference room by four HR employees, which was intimidating and seemed like overkill for an entry level position. Though they were all kind and inviting, it was still slightly intimidating. I was asked basic interview questions. I was told I would receive a call the following day, but they never called.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Tell me about yourself.
      What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cotati, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ProTransport-1 (Cotati, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via Craigslist. Called in for an in-person interview for the Dispatcher position. I wasn't told until near the end of the interview that they would actually be starting me in a lower position as a customer service representative which was almost $3 less an hour. They said they started everyone here and then those who did well could move into a dispatcher position. They let current employees move into the dispatcher position. I was offered the position but decided not to start this position because I felt very put off by being told I was interviewing for one type of position only to be offered another. If I had been told from the start that I'd only be considered for this customer service role I would have declined the interview. I came with EMT and Healthcare experience but they said that didn't matter. Everyone "starts" this way. I feel their Craigslist ad is very misleading and I questioned the ethics of this company due to this experience and decided to look elsewhere and not accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a very stressful situation and how you handled it at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had an interview to work on a rig at Santa Clara. The interview was all the way in Richmond which is excessively far away so I canceled on the interview. It didn't seem worth it.

EMT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ProTransport-1.

Interview

I filled out the online application and got a call the next day. I wasn't able to get the phone, but the hiring rep. left a message asking me to call her back. She offered me an interview for the next week and worked with me to make sure I could get to my class on time after leaving the interview.

The interview dress code was business professional. I got there around 10 minutes early, but the interviewer let me start the process early and handed me a 30 question written test to complete. It really was NOT as difficult as I thought it would be. It covered a little less material than NREMT did and the questions were not quite as hard. Many of the questions were about basic EMT knowledge things, not about little details.

After the test, I met with the interviewer for a short interview. He asked about myself, why I wanted to be an EMT, if I've ever had a difficult experience with a customer, etc. There were only about 5 questions total and they all had to do with myself and my goals.

Last, there was a verbal patient assessment. He just asked me very general questions about each step of the patient assessment and I verbalized a rapid trauma assessment at the end. Know all your acronyms and know why you do certain steps of the assessment. I was pretty nervous the entire interview process, but the interviewer was friendly and worked with me.

The day after my interview, I received a call from them offering me a job! Working my way though the various FEMA components and we'll go over scheduling and getting a county badge at the training day.

*I did spend the entire week before my interview studying for the test. I had my google doc I created as my NREMT study guide and I worked through it multiple times. I don't know if I necessarily needed to prepare that much for the written test, but it couldn't have hurt.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself
      - What are 3 reasons why you want to be an EMT?
      - Have you ever had to deal with a disgruntled customer?   Answer Question

EMT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ProTransport-1.

Interview

1 Written Exam, 1 Skills Exam, 1 Verbal Interview all in the same day. Very easy written and skills test if you recently completed EMT class. Verbal interview was mostly questions about future plans why you want to work for Pro.

Interview Questions

• What does OPQRST stand for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProTransport-1 (Rancho Cordova, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Arrived at station in business attire bring all you're forms make sure all certs are current took a very long time since there were a lot of hires. Had a one on one basic interview and a separate one on one skills test based on mnemonics and patient assesments

Interview Questions

• How to assess a patient with a given scenario, very basic   Answer Question

Much better employment opportunities came up

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ProTransport-1 (Richmond, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

called, asked a few questions, hired.

Interview Questions

• why are you looking in the medical field   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations.

EMT-B Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ProTransport-1 in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I originally thought that it was a group interview, but what they do is sit everyone in the same room and then call people one by one to do interviews and test. The written test is much like the NREMT yet slightly easier. The skills test is more question based and very straight forward. Know your acronyms.