Progress Residential Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Progress Residential

2.5

Construction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a couple of weeks. They scheduled phone screening first. The phone screening was about 20 minutes long with fairly easy questions. Afterwards, the company recruiter contacted me to set up an in person interview for the following week. The interview was about 20 minutes long and at the end of it they told me I would be hearing from them the following week. It ended up being another 2 weeks until I heard from them.

Business Applications Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Residential.

Interview

The initial interview process started with a 3rd party recruiter and a 30 minute initial phone interview. After that, it all went down hill. The second interview with the hiring manager was setup with internal HR and they called 15 minutes late. There was no email or text letting me know there was going to be a delay so after 12 minutes I was pulled into a meeting at work and I wrote them off. I received a call and voicemail 3 minutes later saying that I had missed my interview and that I would need to reschedule. After contacting the HR rep and explaining that I hadn't been called during the time I had scheduled they agreed to schedule a second interview. This time they called me 1 hour earlier than my interview time. This company is in the same state as me and I have the interview confirmation email with the time, yet they called....1...hour...early when I was in another meeting. I got another attitude filled voicemail about me missing my interview time again. I reached out to the HR rep again and attached the interview confirmation email and I was told there was nothing they could do about it. I reached out to the 3rd party recruiter and advised them to withdraw my application due to the company's unprofessionalism. 1 month later the recruitment company contacts me again asking if I'd consider applying with them again since they were unable to fill the role. Despite my better better judgment I decided okay, maybe if they are reaching back out it'll be different....wrong. The recruiter started off the email chain between the hiring manager and myself and the company did not reply at all. Frustrated at having dealt with this company but thankful I will not be working for them. If their hiring process and people are such a nightmare I can only imagine the torture of working there.

Interview Questions

• Basic initial phone interview questions from the 3rd party recruiter.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Atlanta, GA) in February 2019.

Interview

Two phone interviews and two face to face interviews. This was spread out over weeks and then I did not every hear anything and had to follow up to find out that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you take from the office if you had to work from home?   Answer Question

Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2018.

Interview

I did a phone interview and they didn't move forward with me. I then was reached out to later (like 2 months) and invited for an in-person interview after their other candidate supposedly lied about something on their resume. There was one final one with the senior leadership. I liked the team and what they were doing, just got a better offer.

Interview Questions

• How will bumping up the asking price effect the cap rate.   1 Answer

Assistant Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Charlotte, NC) in December 2018.

Interview

Poor communication and follow up. Lack of transparency. Went through 4 interviews just to be told I was not the right fit and that I was over qualified. It is a very dragged out process that ends up leading to no results. Went through this process twice now with two different groups of people for the company and same results every time. Wasting a professional's time.

Leasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and welcoming, I had a phone interview first then, then a face to face interview, then a second face to face interview, and finally another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a fit for this position,   1 Answer

Leasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Nashville, TN) in May 2018.

Interview

They called and scheduled an interview. I came in and everyone was really nice! Basic questions about experience and what I would do in certain situations were asked mostly. The manager then told me about the company and explained what the position entailed. She answered any questions I had and said they would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• What were some differences between selling newer construction compared to older?   1 Answer

Residential Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews with real down to earth interviewers. They allowed me to be myself and to be open and honest about what I'm looking for. I felt no judgement on their part. It was a 3 part interview.

Property Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Atlanta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

the interview process was fairly simple, a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Here are some of the interview questions.
    Give me an example of a time that you felt you went above and beyond the call of duty at work.
    Have you ever been on a team where someone was not pulling their own weight? How did you handle it?
    Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?
    How do you handle working with people who annoy you?
    Are you willing to relocate?

Interview Questions

• 1. When dealing with residents who are unable to come up with money to pay their past due balance, I was able to provide a list of agencies that offer financial support.
      2. Yes, I have been worked with team members and management who didn't pulled their weight. I simply stuck to my task assignments.
      3. It's good to receive difficult feedback, accept it and learn from it.
      4. How do you handle people how annoy you? Good question, go back to work and ignore them they will move on to annoy someone else. Set your boundaries.
      5. Yes, I am willing to relocate and travel   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't apply

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Progress Residential (Marietta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 interviews with 5 members of the management team. The interview process followed these steps. An email or phone call will be placed to set up the 1st interview. Next you will receive a conformation email with the job description for the position. Be sure to read the job description. The first interview was a 2 person panel conducted by executive management. Here is why reading the job description is so important. The interviewers were unsure of which position was applied for. Apparently, several of the positions posted online are very similar in verbiage and vary ever so slightly. The questions asked were not difficult to answer somewhat easy coming from executive management At the end of the first interview the closing comments were, follow up with the recruiter in two weeks as to the next steps.

Two weeks after the first interview, no status of next steps and the recuriter could not give a status. Another 2 weeks pass and no status. After 4 weeks an email was sent requesting a second interview with 2 local members of management. The end of the interview came with directions on a fourth interview with an executive. Another 2 weeks pass and the final interview takes place. At the end of the final interview the comment of we will be in touch quickly as this is a high priority. Two weeks pass still no decision. Finally, after almost two months from the start, a decision was made. The final decision was communicated through email. Overall, the process was long, drawn out, unorganized, sloppy and confusing. Each interviewer was not prepared, wrong job descriptions used and expectations of the position inconsistent from person to person.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very basic.
      Tell me about yourself?