Promega Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Promega Interview Questions

Updated Nov 4, 2017

Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fitchburg, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Promega (Fitchburg, WI).

Interview

One phone interview then a five hour on site interview with multiple (6) people. Everyone was very pleasant and nice, but the interview was too long and grueling. After the on-site interview, the HR recruiter asked me to fill out paperwork to complete background and reference checks. A week or two later, I get an automated email saying I didn’t get the job. Out of curiosity, I followed up with two different HR employees for answers as to why or feedback regarding the decision. I have not heard back, and that was over a week ago. Ive always passed background and reference checks in the past, so this was puzzling to me. And the interview process was not explained to my complete understanding.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Promega.

Interview

Two phone interviews, one on-site interview. I had the initial phone interview with HR, which was fine and quite typical. I didn't make it to the second phone interview likely because other candidates had more industry experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe one experience where you handled a conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

A battery of interviews with 6 departments. No technical questions, all were about personal traits. I felt as if I was trying out for Queen for a Day.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding personal behavior.   1 Answer

Technical Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Promega.

Interview

The first interview was a phone with HR. They asked primarily behavioral type questions and very general questions about my familiarity with Promega products . The second interview was a "technical interview" with Technical Services Managers. After an introduction, they did a mock technical services phone call where they pretended to be people calling for support, and I was supposed to troubleshoot a product that I had told them I was familiar with

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Promega (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

Phone interview and then in-person interview. Very straight forward and basic. Asked typical questions about problem-solving characteristics and about relationship with past employers. Easy to pinpoint what the employer was looking for

Meeting/Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Promega (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Application process was fine, had first interview and was told someone would contact me for a second interview or let me know if they went a other direction. A month and a half later the third time I contacted them they let me know they went a different direction. I am not upset I didn't get the job, just upset they would string someone along for so long.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fitchburg, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Promega (Fitchburg, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and employee referral, then followed by HR telephone call for primary screening.
    After that technical interview with IT director and Project Manager, interview took around 1 hr, then interview with software development team, interview took around 2 hr. Last interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions about last work done, new technologies know etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fitchburg, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Promega (Fitchburg, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Starts with an HR phone interview, then phone interviews with direct team members. Next is an in-person interview for over ½ a day. Starts with you giving 15-20 minute presentation with Powerpoint slides to 10+ people in the room and on the phone. Presentation must include a couple work scenarios (they tell you the examples), a 30-60-90 day business plan and why you believe there is a good match. The 30 minute presentation time is followed by multiple individual 30-minute interviews with individuals or functional teams of individuals who attended your presentation.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fitchburg, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Promega (Fitchburg, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

The questions were all definitional questions. Who does that anymore?! I kept getting hounded with questions like "Define xyz. What is the difference between a, b and c" etc. I don't know why they expect anyone to cram definitions of things rarely encountered in your role as a developer! Total waste of my and their time!

Interview Questions

• ◾What is Inversion of Control? How does that relate to dependency injection?
      ◾How do the MVP, MVC, and MVVM patterns relate? When are they appropriate?
      etc.-   Answer Question

Data Master I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Promega (Madison, WI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewing with Promega was the worst experiences I have had with a company. My first interview was with a HR rep who seemed to be new to the job. She asked surface level questions and did not ask any clarifying follow up questions. The interview lasted 15 minutes, however it was scheduled to take 45. This failure was partially my fault but the interviewer did not help the situation, the lack of clarifying questions and transitions was problematic.

I did not think anything of it and assumed that I would not be chosen to go on to the second round, however two weeks later I was asked to fly to Madison for an onsite interview. A HR rep gave me flight options and I chose a flight two weeks away. I was supposed to leave on a Sunday, however on Friday the rep had not gotten back to me with any further information. I contacted her and was informed that I would not be interviewing onsite.

I can understand having second thoughts about the onsite interview, however I had made plans for this trip two weeks in advance. The failure to contact me about the change in plans was a huge oversight and I think it speaks largely as to the quality of the HR unit at Promega. Every interaction I had with HR was full of missteps, from the lack of communication to the poor interviewing steps of the screener.