Prosper.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Prosper.com

2.9

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a speedy process, which I appreciated. I had three rounds of interviews within a week. My interview process was as following: 1-1 with the principal product manager in-person, 1-1 with the head of product over the phone, and 4hrs of onsite with 7 people. Overall the interview process was OK. I would have preferred if they gave me a case study to present in-person. During my onsite I basically answered the same general questions to 7 people around "Tell me about yourself." The interviewers were not equipped with specific questions to ask.

I have listed the pros and cons below.

Pros:
    1. Recruiting team did an amazing job in following up with me at every step of the process. Before the final round, Recruiting manager even called me personally to prepare me which I have never experienced before.
    2. The head of product and the principal product manager were both encouraging. I connected with them due to shared past experiences.
    3. One engineering manager took the time to explain the structure of their matrixed Product and Engineering teams thoroughly, which I really appreciated as it was a different structure than what I have been part of previously. However, the structure felt siloed groups.

Cons:
    1. One junior product manager during the onsite was rude and rather hostile that I had to strongly reconsider if I even wanted to work there.
    2. Most of them during the onsite hadn't looked at my resume so, I had to orient them around my complete background in every subsequent conversation. I would have appreciated a case study that I had to present, etc which would have allowed a common ground of analysis.

Overall, I enjoyed learning about Prosper and meeting their team.

Interview Questions

• Too general during the onsite. No specific questions except during the first interview with the Principal Product Manager. He asked me how I would design a wallet and we walked through that process. He also asked me how I would improve the search engine for Amazon when someone queries 'football'. I enjoyed this discussion with him.   Answer Question

Senior Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2019.

Interview

3 rounds, 1 with HR, 1 with hiring manager and last round is on site with 5-6 different people individually over 3 hours. There was a prep call for the final interview and the whole process was smooth. There was feedback call as to why I was not selected as well. The whole process was quite flawless.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions and technical questions included SQL queries and functions of certain key words like different types of joins, conditions (where, having)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Worst engineering hiring process they just put the candidate on hold for 3 weeks saying that they got positive feedback ,meanwhile engineering team would look out for other better candidates and finally golden word from HR saying that found a strong candidate and they kick out the person .   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone interview:
    1 or 2 rounds of technical phone interview.
    Mostly focused on computer science fundamentals.

Hint:
    Get fundamentals strong and speak out your thought process clearly and write code that runs correctly. Don't waste your time on very difficult algorithmic questions.

Onsite interview:
    3 rounds of technical interview,
    1 round experience, projects, and cultural fit interview.
    Lunch will be provided for you after the 2nd or 3rd round, and you will have a lunch buddy in the company who does not necessarily work in engineering.

Hint:
    Primarily focused on system design. To be able to think about different aspect of how your designed system would work/not work, bottlenecks, weaknesses, how to mitigate, etc. would help.
    Whiteboard coding is about LC medium difficulty.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone call with the manager after submitting resume, followed by a 3 hour onsite interview. Manager was rude, just walked away after interviewing me. Others were nicer but seemed like they were forced last minute to do the interview. Ghosted after that.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, SQL exercise, data analysis of a data set.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

1 phone round 5 Rounds of Face 2 Face interview happened at onsite. Alogorithm, technical questions asked in phone round and it went well. Got F2F interview invitation in couple of days.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explained about the company.
      2.Architecture of current project on white board.
      3 & 4. Technical Questions
      5. HR Round   1 Answer

Recruiting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

Misleading, and ineffective. I asked for feedback after the phone interview twice, and they told me they won't be able to let me know since it is their team policy to not disclose feedback.

Sounds bias and discriminating.

Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Their HR team & hiring manager didn't seem coordinated. Had a nice introductory chat with HR and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager never called... and that was the end of the process.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

The Interviewer very nice. Most questions are behavioural. First he asked me to walk through my resume. And talk about one project which you think is great. And why Prosper? Any Sql experience? And some bask R programming knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Long term & short term expectation. Project   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

The process takes around 3 weeks, including 2 rounds of design challenge. The (final one is kinda like a onsite challenge that collaborated with several teammates). They asked me to go through all the interview process (about 5 rounds), and complete 2 design challenges, the final one is a video talk which takes around 5 hrs.
    Then rejected me due to "not as experienced as they requested, cause they want a senior designer" . While at they know I am a recent graduate at the very beginning. It's very unprofessional and wasting time for all the people.

Interview Questions

• What's your career goal or plan in future?   1 Answer