Prosper.com Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 73 of over 73 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Prosper.com

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prosper.com

Interview

Red flags galore 1) My time was not respected in any way. A) Was given no time to review an assignment (when I was told I would have time) b) 5 hours of nearly back to back interview meetings 2) Not a single person I spoke with said a positive thing about the company

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your background?
    Answer Question

Prosper.com

Application

I interviewed at Prosper.com

Interview

The interview was straight-forward. I met with 3 people: hiring manager (Director), designer, and analytics. They described the industry, business, and what they were looking for in the role. They were fairly responsive as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Prosper.com

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Prosper.com

Interview

1. bait & switch hiring 2. random call from someone who works there, tells me I'm not staff level and more of senior level without any sort of assessment 3. brags about having to take a pay cut because being a "top paying employee" 4. they are hiring even though forcing "top paying employees" to take a cut during covid 5. completely disorganized hiring process... I was given a technical interview, then another technical interview with the same question being asked. What a joke

Interview Questions
  • 1. Arbitrary Promise question 2. Arbitrary string operations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, 8 video one-on-ones with various heads of teams and individual team members. Overall process seemed friendly, organic and conversational. Everyone was easy to talk with, smart and down to earth, and passionate about delivering a quality product. Seems like a great group to work with, with a lot of passion and hands-on ethic. A couple of interview steps I was expecting based on experienced with other companies, but did not experience here, was 1) an initial hiring manager discussion immediately following the recruiter screen – the first discussion was with a person who would be a direct report / hiring manager talk was toward the end of the interview loop, and 2) a presentation with panel – most other roles/companies included this component (e.g. overview on leadership/management style, walk-through of project(s)), which is helpful for framing the ensuing one-on-one conversations. Overall it felt like an organic and friendly process, but I did wonder why it wasn't a bit more rigorous in its structure, as I've been seeing at other bay area tech companies, especially for leadership level roles.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Prosper.com

Application

I interviewed at Prosper.com

Interview

Recruiter canceled the interview 5 minutes before the scheduled phone call. If you're going to represent a company, I would expect some decency and respect for the candidate's preparation time. Or an actual apology for the cancellation. Ego much?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (Phoenix, AZ) in Aug 2019

Interview

3 rounds, 1 with HR, 1 with hiring manager and last round is on site with 5-6 different people individually over 3 hours. There was a prep call for the final interview and the whole process was smooth. There was feedback call as to why I was not selected as well. The whole process was quite flawless.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of behavioral questions and technical questions included SQL queries and functions of certain key words like different types of joins, conditions (where, having)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in Aug 2019

Interview

It was a speedy process, which I appreciated. I had three rounds of interviews within a week. My interview process was as following: 1-1 with the principal product manager in-person, 1-1 with the head of product over the phone, and 4hrs of onsite with 7 people. Overall the interview process was OK. I would have preferred if they gave me a case study to present in-person. During my onsite I basically answered the same general questions to 7 people around "Tell me about yourself." The interviewers were not equipped with specific questions to ask. I have listed the pros and cons below. Pros: 1. Recruiting team did an amazing job in following up with me at every step of the process. Before the final round, Recruiting manager even called me personally to prepare me which I have never experienced before. 2. The head of product and the principal product manager were both encouraging. I connected with them due to shared past experiences. 3. One engineering manager took the time to explain the structure of their matrixed Product and Engineering teams thoroughly, which I really appreciated as it was a different structure than what I have been part of previously. However, the structure felt siloed groups. Cons: 1. One junior product manager during the onsite was rude and rather hostile that I had to strongly reconsider if I even wanted to work there. 2. Most of them during the onsite hadn't looked at my resume so, I had to orient them around my complete background in every subsequent conversation. I would have appreciated a case study that I had to present, etc which would have allowed a common ground of analysis. Overall, I enjoyed learning about Prosper and meeting their team.

Interview Questions
  • Too general during the onsite. No specific questions except during the first interview with the Principal Product Manager. He asked me how I would design a wallet and we walked through that process. He also asked me how I would improve the search engine for Amazon when someone queries 'football'. I enjoyed this discussion with him.

Prosper.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com

Interview

Interview Questions
  • Worst engineering hiring process they just put the candidate on hold for 3 weeks saying that they got positive feedback ,meanwhile engineering team would look out for other better candidates and finally golden word from HR saying that found a strong candidate and they kick out the person .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

Phone interview: 1 or 2 rounds of technical phone interview. Mostly focused on computer science fundamentals. Hint: Get fundamentals strong and speak out your thought process clearly and write code that runs correctly. Don't waste your time on very difficult algorithmic questions. Onsite interview: 3 rounds of technical interview, 1 round experience, projects, and cultural fit interview. Lunch will be provided for you after the 2nd or 3rd round, and you will have a lunch buddy in the company who does not necessarily work in engineering. Hint: Primarily focused on system design. To be able to think about different aspect of how your designed system would work/not work, bottlenecks, weaknesses, how to mitigate, etc. would help. Whiteboard coding is about LC medium difficulty.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2018

Interview

Phone call with the manager after submitting resume, followed by a 3 hour onsite interview. Manager was rude, just walked away after interviewing me. Others were nicer but seemed like they were forced last minute to do the interview. Ghosted after that.

Interview Questions
  • Technical questions, SQL exercise, data analysis of a data set.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 73 Interviews