Prosper.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prosper.com Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2018

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prosper.com in September 2015.

Interview

This was for full-stack developer position. The first round was pretty good. The interviewer asked relevant questions related dynamic programming, ruby, middleware. He was respectful and answered any questions I had. The second round interview was with a senior software engineer who was rude when I was able to answer few questions.

Interview Questions

• mostly basic questions related to oop, middleware, mvc architecture   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

One telephonic technical interview 1 hour long, asked 2-3 coding q and a bunch of java core questions like garbage collection, type of exceptions, string manipulation question, they love questions related to the binary search tree.

After 3-4 days I got a call for an onsite interview, 5 rounds 45 min each. The interview was pretty intense. In each round, at least 3-4 coding questions and REST APIs. A couple of SQL queries, make sure to prepare for REST APIs and SQL, it won't be written in the job description but this is really important for them.

I did not find office culture very attractive but the location is great.

Interview Questions

• Least common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree?
      Quicksort vs merge sort (pseudo-code)?
      Given a 2d grid map of '1's (land) and '0's (water), count the number of islands?
      print path from given target node from the root or return it as a list?
      sort stack using another stack and using only linked list (2 q)
      Implement queue using linked list
      SOAP vs REST?
      Selection sort implementation
      LRU cache
      Abstract vs interface   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I have applied online . They sent me email for phone screening I had very bad experience in phone screening .After knowing I'm university Grad She immediately declined to take interview. .Their recruiter is Not professional .

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com in February 2017.

Interview

After receiving a phone call with the recruiter, I got an online assessment on HackerRank. three medium level algorithm questions plus 5 technical selection question within 1 hours, that is insane, even phone interview with facebook or google, they will let you just finish at most 2 medium-difficulty algorithm questions. No feedback from the recruiter and I feel like I am just been used as a tester for their recuiter platform.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com in February 2017.

Interview

Their recruiter is very unprofessional.

Here is my experience:

1. Cancel Phone screening 5 minutes in advance:
    After I submitted application, one recruiter sent an online question (hacker rank) to me. I passed and was contacted by the recruiter and scheduled an phone screening.
    On the day of phone screening, the recruiter called me 5 minutes before the scheduled time, told me that the phone screen is canceled. Then, I received an email asking me to complete another online test. But I was never given link for this new online test.

2. Phone interview without any prior scheduling:
    A couple days later, I received an unexpected call and it is phone screening, which I was not given any notice of. I managed to complete it gracefully.

3. Onsite interview canceled when you want to confirm the schedule with them:
    Another couple days later, the same recruiter approached me and asked whether I can come for onsite interview on a specific day. I said yes and the recruiter said great she would get back to me very soon, which never happen.

Two days before the tentative interview date, I emailed the recruiter to confirm the onsite interview schedule. 10 Minutes later I received the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of the most challenging project encountered by you   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Onsite interview was well organized - I met with five people at various levels of the hiring team, all very knowledgeable and enthused about their p2p lending business. Questions were all well thought out and relevant to the position I was applying for. I also liked how they used a combination of case study and brain teaser to assess my potential rather than technical questions only. I was given an offer after a little over a week of my interview. Overall it's been a great experience, but I had a better offer on hand so had to decline this one. Also to my surprise they've shown a great deal of transparency about the recent layoff. No dodging around my questions on that at all.

Interview Questions

• A combination of case study, brain teaser, SQL, and behavioral questions   Answer Question

Vice President Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter then with Hiring manager who was very confrontational. Company is looking to acquire borrowers via channels that make them better credit risks (say airline frequent flier) since apparently they don't trust their credit algorithms as much as publicly claimed. On the plus side HR was really fast in rejecting me after the hiring manager call, since I didn't even have time to write them that I no longer wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• What other sources of borrowers would you suggest we acquire.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The recruiter was extremely disorganized. The date of the interview changed numerous times, A response took longer to receive than they originally said, and finally I was given the wrong information about how the interview went. Most employees agreed the recruiters lied about the status of the company and even the benefits package.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

1) Initial ice breaker with the HR who went through the entire process
        - HR was kind enough to discuss the company structure, business and technology teams.
    2) Follow-up online assessment
        - popular online portal for skills assessment on technical strengths of job profile
    3) Technical interviews (Phone and onsite)
    4) Cultural interview (HR)

Interview Questions

• How adaptable are you to the challenging demands of the project?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen and then onsite. Phone screen was pretty easy. Onsite was scheduled for 3.5 hours but went until 4.5 hours leaving me very exhausted. The panel was technically strong. I liked their questions. I was surprised that the director also wanted to conduct a tech interview. I really wish the interviewers gave some breaks or checked if I needed drinks/snacks considering the fact that the interview was so long. I had to cancel other interviews since this one left me exhausted. Felt I wasted time/energy since I did not get offer anyways.

Interview Questions

• binary tree, netflix design, given goal build the goal using given big bar soap and small bar soaps but using big bars first, compare aggregation vs inheritance, time ranges   Answer Question