Prosper.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Prosper.com Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2018

2.9

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

The Interviewer very nice. Most questions are behavioural. First he asked me to walk through my resume. And talk about one project which you think is great. And why Prosper? Any Sql experience? And some bask R programming knowledge.

Senior Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I had the pleasure of interviewing for Prosper which began with a phone screen into a quickly scheduled technical interview where they asked one LC medium question.

Once I got through, they scheduled a half day onsite at their office where I had a chance to meet the team and learn more about the company.

The interview was pretty straight forward aside from some low level JavaScript questions that were asked regarding event loops and queue stacks. Everyone was nice, and most of the interview consisted of discussions revolving around tech. I felt like the interview was not as technical as others I've been in which was somewhat alarming.

The team is embarking on several new projects and building teams out to fill the necessary roles for each team.

Shortly after the onsite, I received an offer and was updated at every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of integers and a target integer, return two integers in the array that sum up to the target value.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process overall was quick and efficient. Very little delay in communication which facilitated the process.

The technical phone screen was not overly very difficult.

The on-site interview was typical compared to other Software Engineering companies:
    A mixture of behavioral, experience, and technical questions. Even though the interview was for a front end position, the technical questions asked centered around general CS / JavaScript concepts and did not touch upon CSS.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a throttle function in JavaScript?   Answer Question

Senior Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Prosper.com (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Recruiter was very informative and showed passion for working for this company. Was prompt about scheduling 2nd and final round immediately after. An offer followed the day after the on site. Total on site interview time was a bit over 3 hours.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Technical Recruiter contacted as the first point. the second stage was a phone call with Hiring Manager and then a phone interview with Senior SRE lead followed by an onsite interview for face to face with the senior directors and team of the site reliability engineers.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen and then onsite. Phone screen was pretty easy. Onsite was scheduled for 3.5 hours but went until 4.5 hours leaving me very exhausted. The panel was technically strong. I liked their questions. I was surprised that the director also wanted to conduct a tech interview. I really wish the interviewers gave some breaks or checked if I needed drinks/snacks considering the fact that the interview was so long. I had to cancel other interviews since this one left me exhausted. Felt I wasted time/energy since I did not get offer anyways.

Interview Questions

• binary tree, netflix design, given goal build the goal using given big bar soap and small bar soaps but using big bars first, compare aggregation vs inheritance, time ranges   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

2 Phone Screen + Onsite Interview with 5 folks 30 minutes each. Red flags: the direct team was not culturally diverse, all members from India. They were unprofessional, picked up on some biased viewpoints and was getting mixed messages. Wouldn't want to work with this team. Company needs to train them on how to conduct interviews but saved me the time of making a mistake in ending up working with this team.

Interview Questions

• Specific uncommon SQL Question atypical for a QA Engineer's use or practicality.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the recruiter via email 2 days later. 5 days after that, I had a phone interview with the recruiter. 3 days after that, I had another phone interview with the manager. 17 days after that, I had a panel interview with four members of the team. 11 days after that, I had an interview with a senior member of the team on a few hours' notice. I emailed the recruiter 6 days after that for an update, only to be told I wasn't a match. When I replied asking for specific feedback, I didn't receive a response. All in all, it took over six weeks and four separate interviews to determine that I wasn't the person for the job. Given the drawn-out process, the same-day interview request, and the lack of response, it's clear that Prosper doesn't care about its job candidates.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

Phone screen and onsite. Interview process was smooth. Very nice people. Everyone was polite and very professional. Process took 2 weeks. Would recommend everyone to interview here. Company is doing good now after hiccup.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

One telephonic technical interview 1 hour long, asked 2-3 coding q and a bunch of java core questions like garbage collection, type of exceptions, string manipulation question, they love questions related to the binary search tree.

After 3-4 days I got a call for an onsite interview, 5 rounds 45 min each. The interview was pretty intense. In each round, at least 3-4 coding questions and REST APIs. A couple of SQL queries, make sure to prepare for REST APIs and SQL, it won't be written in the job description but this is really important for them.

I did not find office culture very attractive but the location is great.

Interview Questions

• Least common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree?
      Quicksort vs merge sort (pseudo-code)?
      Given a 2d grid map of '1's (land) and '0's (water), count the number of islands?
      print path from given target node from the root or return it as a list?
      sort stack using another stack and using only linked list (2 q)
      Implement queue using linked list
      SOAP vs REST?