Prosper.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 13, 2018

2.9

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone screen and then onsite. Phone screen was pretty easy. Onsite was scheduled for 3.5 hours but went until 4.5 hours leaving me very exhausted. The panel was technically strong. I liked their questions. I was surprised that the director also wanted to conduct a tech interview. I really wish the interviewers gave some breaks or checked if I needed drinks/snacks considering the fact that the interview was so long. I had to cancel other interviews since this one left me exhausted. Felt I wasted time/energy since I did not get offer anyways.

Interview Questions

• binary tree, netflix design, given goal build the goal using given big bar soap and small bar soaps but using big bars first, compare aggregation vs inheritance, time ranges   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

2 Phone Screen + Onsite Interview with 5 folks 30 minutes each. Red flags: the direct team was not culturally diverse, all members from India. They were unprofessional, picked up on some biased viewpoints and was getting mixed messages. Wouldn't want to work with this team. Company needs to train them on how to conduct interviews but saved me the time of making a mistake in ending up working with this team.

Interview Questions

• Specific uncommon SQL Question atypical for a QA Engineer's use or practicality.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the recruiter via email 2 days later. 5 days after that, I had a phone interview with the recruiter. 3 days after that, I had another phone interview with the manager. 17 days after that, I had a panel interview with four members of the team. 11 days after that, I had an interview with a senior member of the team on a few hours' notice. I emailed the recruiter 6 days after that for an update, only to be told I wasn't a match. When I replied asking for specific feedback, I didn't receive a response. All in all, it took over six weeks and four separate interviews to determine that I wasn't the person for the job. Given the drawn-out process, the same-day interview request, and the lack of response, it's clear that Prosper doesn't care about its job candidates.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

Phone screen and onsite. Interview process was smooth. Very nice people. Everyone was polite and very professional. Process took 2 weeks. Would recommend everyone to interview here. Company is doing good now after hiccup.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

One telephonic technical interview 1 hour long, asked 2-3 coding q and a bunch of java core questions like garbage collection, type of exceptions, string manipulation question, they love questions related to the binary search tree.

After 3-4 days I got a call for an onsite interview, 5 rounds 45 min each. The interview was pretty intense. In each round, at least 3-4 coding questions and REST APIs. A couple of SQL queries, make sure to prepare for REST APIs and SQL, it won't be written in the job description but this is really important for them.

I did not find office culture very attractive but the location is great.

Interview Questions

• Least common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree?
      Quicksort vs merge sort (pseudo-code)?
      Given a 2d grid map of '1's (land) and '0's (water), count the number of islands?
      print path from given target node from the root or return it as a list?
      sort stack using another stack and using only linked list (2 q)
      Implement queue using linked list
      SOAP vs REST?
      Selection sort implementation
      LRU cache
      Abstract vs interface   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com in November 2017.

Interview

call with a recruiter followed up with a technical phone screening.

Despite the fact that I told recruiter and an interviewer that I didn't have experience with Spring boot and I haven't worked with Hibernate in 7 years, the interviewed kept asking Spring and Hibernate questions.
    It's not typical for Software Engineering interviews to focus on particular technologies and I didn't expect that it would be so important for an Engineering Manager position.
    I got zero people/project management and zero behavioral questions. But I was asked to do a left join.
    I didn't feel that the company is mature from a technical perspective. I believe I expressed my confusion with questions. The only question I liked was to implement a Queue.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online via the job posting and got a phone call about a week later with a current team member. After some behavioral question and description of the position, I them got another call from a recruiter. After that I was invited for a 4-hour on-site interview of 8 rounds. Each round is a 1-to-1 interview. It was nicely organized and the interviewers were all friendly and we discussed in depth about the role and the team.
    Two days after the interview, I got a phone call from the recruiter and was told I got the offer. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

Applied online through indeed. Got an email requesting for an initial phone interview. Got a call on time, asked about introdcution and given link for coder pad session for coding. Waiting for response

Interview Questions

• Write a spiral program(given a 3x3 matrix) and how will you test it, what inputs will be given for this program.   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prosper.com.

Interview

HR was fine and the technical interview experience was bad as the description of the job and the questions asked have no correlation basically the interviewer had no idea as to what kind of person fits into the role.

Interview Questions

• How will you build a datawate house when you don't have any requirements   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Prosper.com in February 2017.

Interview

Their recruiter is very unprofessional.

Here is my experience:

1. Cancel Phone screening 5 minutes in advance:
    After I submitted application, one recruiter sent an online question (hacker rank) to me. I passed and was contacted by the recruiter and scheduled an phone screening.
    On the day of phone screening, the recruiter called me 5 minutes before the scheduled time, told me that the phone screen is canceled. Then, I received an email asking me to complete another online test. But I was never given link for this new online test.

2. Phone interview without any prior scheduling:
    A couple days later, I received an unexpected call and it is phone screening, which I was not given any notice of. I managed to complete it gracefully.

3. Onsite interview canceled when you want to confirm the schedule with them:
    Another couple days later, the same recruiter approached me and asked whether I can come for onsite interview on a specific day. I said yes and the recruiter said great she would get back to me very soon, which never happen.

Two days before the tentative interview date, I emailed the recruiter to confirm the onsite interview schedule. 10 Minutes later I received the rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of the most challenging project encountered by you   Answer Question