KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Prosper.com Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 84 of over 84 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Prosper.com

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com in May 2022

Interview

Panel style interview. Quick to apply and kept me informed the notify of the time. However Eve carful of recruiter calls post interview. I had a quick one and all the wanted to know was if I had other offers. And two weeks later get a rejection. Seems odd to call to ask that to me that was a first time to get that without even suggesting and offer. Felt like they wasted my time good thing I had other prospective offers and as not putting all my stuff eggs in one basket.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us a time you had to tell a leader no.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Prosper.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Prosper.com in May 2022

Interview

Started with a recruiter phone screen. I had relevant data science but not domain specific experience. However, that seemed to be the dealbreaker in the phone screen. I didn't claim to have domain knowledge on my resume so it seemed like a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Prosper.com

Application

I interviewed at Prosper.com

Interview

Initial call with Hr rep to get info about job and answer basic questions about the job. A three person interview, 30 minutes each for each interviewer via Zoom. Questions varied in difficulty and type. Mostly questions in your background and what you can bring to prosper.

Interview Questions
  • My 3 greatest accomplishments in the last year.

Prosper.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com in Jan 2022

Interview

The process was very efficient. Everyone was great and the recruiters were knowledgeable and quick to respond. There were three rounds: screen, hiring manager, panel interviews with 5 people. Panels were 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Prosper.com (Phoenix, AZ) in Jan 2022

Interview

The interview process was very informal, almost felt like talking to a friend. It started first with a call from a recruiter for the company, then to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Prosper?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2021

Interview

I met very nice people during my interview everyone was nice and straight forward. We did a roleplay and went over many different things that I would deal with on the job. got the job and start training soon.

Interview Questions
  • General call center questions about soft skills and a little finance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Prosper.com (Augusta, GA)

Interview

Straightforward process and the recruiter was good. However, I got the feeling the some of the data science leads have no modeling experience from a quantitative perspective. I also looked into their profiles and turns out they spent significant amount of time at some other banks as analysts and got promoted to manager and then joined here. The interviewer was unfamiliar with lots of the modeling and statistical stuff and using naive terms to talk about credit risk and fraud models (Stuff we learn in school). Overall easy questions I would say. Basic stuff about ML models - metrics, model evaluation, some monitoring questions. I guess the interviewer was expecting the answers we get when we Google such questions rather than what we use in industry. Summarizing - Questions felt more like at analyst level rather than a matured senior data scientist level. Note to Prosper - If you want to improve your products, put the people who have experience in experimentation and modeling in charge of data science teams rather people with business side experience of stuff. Looks at how your competitors are building their DS team and getting way better results and outperforming you. You are investing but probably not in the right people. Good luck!

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (Seattle, WA) in Oct 2021

Interview

Total 5 rounds. 2 coding, 1 System design, 1 SQL and API design, Manager round. When discussion about numbers came in. The recruiter was a bully. She didn't even bother to congratulate on the offer and was rude to suggest that “I shouldn’t consider accepting the offer “ . Accepting an offer involves making both parties happy. According to her, negotiation means, Candidate has to give up on whereas the company can remain stubborn. It’s not a fair play when both parties involved are not meeting in the middle ground.

Interview Questions
  • SQL Queries involving group by and joins. Coding questions on Linked List, Least Common ancestor Designing and scaling brokerage API Design patterns - Builder pattern Web App client-side login and cookies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

* HR screening: personality, tech. skills screening * Technical phone call: harder skills and knowledge check * Take-home test: statistical programming and report writing * Remote panel interview: 4.5 hrs long with some breaks, 5 people (15-45 min each) Received very positive feedback during panel interview about my take-home test from the director, saying that my work seemed very similar to how they do things at Prosper When I didn't receive an offer, I was a bit confused. I received feedback from HR saying that I didn't pass the technical tests and couldn't give me more feedback. I feel I got around 90% correct on technical tests. I don't really have a positive experiences to provide other than how quickly the interview process was.

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Prosper.com (Redlands, CA)

Interview

I had 3 interview rounds, in third round there were 5 different interviews with team members. 1) HR 2) Hiring manager(Technical) 3) 1-1 interview with five members (3 interviews were Technical and 2 were behavioral)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Interviews

Prosper.com Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Prosper.com as 43.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Loan Verification Specialist and Senior Software Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Success Manager and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Prosper.com takes an average of 14 days when considering 82 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Loan Verification Specialist had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Customer Success Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 21 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Prosper.com according to 82 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 34.31%