Prosper.com Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Prosper.com Chief Executive Officer David Kimball
David Kimball

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company benefits are good as well (in 9 reviews)

• Lots of positivity and great people to work with (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There is absolutely no time off and very little leniency for "worker monkeys (in 5 reviews)

• Very new and experiencing growing pains (in 4 reviews)

1. "A great team to be a part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Like many companies, we have gone through our share "ups" and "downs", as have most our peers within this industry. What makes Prosper different however is not just the product we deliver but the team that is working together to accomplish some really great things! This team rallied together to create really positive movement in 2017 which continues to carry into 2018 with no reason to believe that changes as we look ahead.

Cons

No organization is without opportunity and Prosper is no different. I do not believe any of the normal course of business opportunities standout above the positives.

"Data Analyst"

I worked at Prosper.com full-time

Pros

Good perks and good Opportunities.

Cons

Bad strategy and bad business

"Cool place to work"

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good benefits
    -Friendly people and work environment
    -Investment in employees

Cons

-Internal technology/tools have a lot of opportunity for improvement

Advice to Management

-Please continue to invest in developing your employees
    -More investment in internal tools would allow everyone to move faster

4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work... an established FinTech startup with a great work culture, and funky downtown San Francisco head office location. (stand up desks, solid kitchen and facilities).

Cons

No real cons - this is a great company and industry.

"Fin Tech, Without The Tech. SF-PHX Disconnect"

Current Employee - An Employee Who Used to Bleed Company Colors You Dried Me Up in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great 401K package
    Stocked kitchen
    People are awesome here

Cons

SF-PHX office Communication deplorable
    Tech Sucks (& we are a Financial Technology company),
    Execs have no idea about the work us worker drones do (sounds familiar)
    Decisions as slow as snails

Advice to Management

You say we can make decisions quickly because of our size, yet we take as long as Wells Fargo to make pivots.

The upper mucka-mucks and management are quite clueless to day-to-day operations, which how can you advocate for proper changes and improvements when you do not know what we do.

Have not agreed with most decisions made (such as sucking the equity out of us to "consortiums" and random Chinese Investors)

Get a new servicing system, learn the day-to-day operations, then maybe we can remove that start-up moniker almost 15 years running.

Oh, Upgrade is going to take everyone if you dont UPGRADE the pay.

6. "Growing company and great to work for."

Pros

Clear vision and I see a killer instinct in every single employee (engineers, managers, HR and as well as management)
    Great benefits
    Good technology stack.
    Love the startup culture
    Work life balance

Cons

I haven’t figured out any yet. I will keep this empty for now. I will update this in future if needed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Love the passion.

"Horrible Company"

I worked at Prosper.com full-time

Pros

There are none. Not one.

Cons

Full of millennials who "care" but who couldn't technically find their own way out of a paper bag.

Advice to Management

Resign

"On the right path"

Current Employee - Senior Verification Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Verification Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Managers are great now that they have cleared out the ones who were making problems
    -Verification has new training procedures and it is making it much easier for the new agents hitting the floor
    -Prosper has been actively promoting from within for as many roles as possible. I myself started with the Application department back when that was separate, moved to Customer Service (the two departments are now merged) and then was promoted into Verification over a year ago.
    -Most of the remaining managers started on the floor as regular agents so they know exactly what you're going through and are willing to help or cut you slack when you need it
    -The bonus structure has been completely done over and it is now a straightforward system. They also have an internal tracker for you so you can see exactly what you have made for the month. You can still lose your bonus if you screw up, BUT they give you a chance to get it back in full the next month if you hit your goals.
    -Managers also treat you like people, they will give you several chances and help to improve your work and performance before they terminate you. Unless you are doing something incredibly stupid/illegal
    -Funding is not really an issue these days sine we have the Consortium providing so much of the loan capital

Cons

-We need more communication between offices and more cross training between Customer Service/Applications and Verification
    -Internal quality control can be very subjective based on who is reviewing your work. On occasion one of the QC agents will misinterpret or even create a rule and then mark you down. You can challenge these decisions to see if you can get them reversed
    -A lot of our customers do not read the terms fully before signing them so you will have a lot of repetitive and stupid questions/requests

Advice to Management

The newer training is going great and looking internally for new ideas to deal with problems is great, keep it up!

9. "Feel the power !!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Prosper.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice environment. People are super friendly and knowledgeable. You will feel the good wave in office atmosphere. Lots of benefits and perks. You will feel energetic everyday when you go to office.

Cons

Nothing till now !! Let this section be empty. There should not be 20 word restriction in Cons section !!

Advice to Management

Keep the good pace. !

"Technology department a mess"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Prosper.com full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, the ceo seems to care about the place, office is pretty and close to public transit. Company is making money for the first time.

Cons

No career advancement, salaries are on the middle-to-low end. On-Call goes off every single night. Many developers that just want an easy job until retirement or just don't care, some middle managers/directors are very political and hard to work with.

Want to work in a technical stack? They probably have it somewhere. They use Ruby, .Net, Java 1.6, Java 1.8, NodeJs, Angular, Backbone and React. All of them poorly done and mangled together in a frankenstein application. There's no direction, everyone just does what their manager wants and the managers usually don't know what they're doing. No technical leaders in the whole org.

Advice to Management

Clear out the middle managers/directors who tel you everything is ok, but are lying to you.