Protect America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1. Featured Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protect America (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was introduced to the company by a friend who had worked at Protect America in the past, so I had a little bit of an "in". I didn't submit a formal application. I had two phone calls with a marketing manager, one of which was pretty intensive and required me explaining how I would fix a complex problem. I wasn't given the scenario ahead of time, so had to wing it, which is obviously not how I would solve a complex problem! But the interviewer understood this, and took that into consideration. I was brought on-site to meet with several other managers, who hit me with some challenging questions. There was no one on-site able to answer pretty simple HR type questions I had regarding benefits. Last, I met with the CEO, but our chat was honestly the least intimidating of all. He mostly just wanted to chit-chat and get to know me as a person to see if I would fit with the company's culture. I believe I had heard back within 24 hours with a job offer. Overall, the process moved quickly and I always heard back from PA within 24 hours after each step.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know about a challenge or problem that I faced in previous jobs with an authority figure and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Protect America (Austin, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

They ask questions to qualify and you get to link in there after. One of the ladies was rude. The other was super sweet. They asked questions and told me about the job, asked if I had questions. They had me sell a pen.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protect America (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

Interview was over the phone, than if they liked you, you got an interview with bryan carter, he will go over your resumes ask you a few questions about it, asks you to role play with him and if you know about the company, if not you will asked to do homework as to what you know about the company itself before you pass.

Interview Questions

• Lets role play,
      Why are you no longer working at your previous job
      What would your manager say about you, what would he not like about you?
      What do you know about protect america? There is other jobs that do security alarms, why us, whats so special about us that you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on the pay, due to commission. Commission is bi weekly every pay check.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Protect America (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They sat me down and asked me some questions...it wasn't too formal...it was a good interview for the most part. Nothing too crazy or asking me to sell a pen or anything (thank god). My biggest issue was that I was misled about the opportunity to grow with this company.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between landline broadband and Wi-fi?   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Protect America (Austin, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Was easy and basic. No hard questions. Anyone can pass. If you don't it really is not a good sign. They seem to have been hiring warm bodies. Training was a week, then rushed onto the call floor

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Protect America (Austin, TX).

Interview

Before you speak to the interviewer, you take a few reading and writing tests on a computer. They were easy multiple choice questions, just filling the space with the correct word or words, and the writing was to check your words per minute. After that, the recruiter gives you a tour of the building and takes you to the room where the actual interview will take place. The interview was very laid back and not intimidating at all. I was interviewed by two women and they were both very nice and professional. I had a very positive interview experience and am now employed by them!

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment? (in your job or career)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a mistake you have made. (not sure if they meant at a job or in general)   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in a job?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Protect America (Austin, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

From the phone interview with George, to the in person interview at the office, everyone I spoke with was friendly and professional. It put me at ease in accepting the job, as did the rave reviews about the company from previous employees.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Protect America (Round Rock, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Lack-luster training, extremely quick and efficient hiring process, read the fine print.

Interview Questions

• Don't worry. The place is a revolving door with White Collar crime written all over it.   Answer Question

General Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Protect America in May 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and at your own pace, get a walk through before you pick the position you interview for. Amazingly personable and dedicated recruiter. Different than anything I've been through before.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Protect America (Round Rock, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I was recruited by an employee of Protect America. I went in for an interview, took grammar and typing tests, toured the office (which was really cool, and HUGE), and then had my interview. It was a well conducted interview. I was asked questions and then I had questions to ask the interviewer. He took his time explaining the answers to my questions, which I really appreciated. I received the job offer on my way home.

Interview Questions

• What are three positive things your manager would say about you? What are three negative things your manager would say about you?   Answer Question