Protolabs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Protolabs

3.1

Lead Generation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Plain, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Protolabs (Maple Plain, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with three different people. The first interview was with the recruiter who was very easy to talk to. She asked pretty basic questions. Aftet that you meat with two manager for about a half hour, and I was asked to job shadow for a half hour afterwords to see if I thought the job would be something I'd like.

Strategic Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Plain, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protolabs (Maple Plain, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

It started with an initial phone screen interview. Reasonably easy and straight forward. Then called back for face to face interviews. After signing a basic NDA I met with HR manager where basic company policy and benefit options were explained. Then five interviews in one day starting with hiring manager. Each session about an hour long and rather intense. Different people from different departments and disciplines. Called back a few days later for one more interview with hiring manager. I was offered a job but not the one I interviewed for. As a result it wasn't a great fit for me or them. Overall a good experience but I probably should have prepared better.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions. What would you do in this situation or that situation. Really wanted to see if I was a fit for the culture. Also asked about past performance but mostly wanted to know if I would do things differently. Why? Things like that. Seemed to want to know if I was a good learner and flexible.   1 Answer

The offer wasn't for the job I originally interviewed for. It was a good job but not what I wanted.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Plain, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Protolabs (Maple Plain, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview will be with a recruiter, qualifying your fit for the job. Next if they feel you are a fit they will have you come in to formally interview with a couple managers. If you proceed after that, there will be some situational exercises to complete. All in all it took about a month from first interview to an offer

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer situational questions   1 Answer

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Plain, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Protolabs (Maple Plain, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview:
    This was basically questions regarding what was on your resume, asking about previous projects, and experience with what you mentioned in your resume.

In Person Interview:
     - Software Quality Manager - 30 min: They discussed the job opening, duties, description, teams you'd work with, etc. There were a few questions regarding experience.
     - Two Software Quality Engineers - 60 min: They asked more in-depth about experience. They would ask specifics about testing, previous projects, and software experience, so be prepared to answer some technical questions.
     - Software Manager - 30 min: They asked a bit more about software background, accomplishments, and agile.
     - Director - 30 min: They asked about the bigger picture stuff, such as how agile teams succeed, how you'll be an asset, and how you go about accomplishing tasks

Interview Questions

• What was <insert project/accomplishment>, how did you accomplish this goal?
      How do you go about programming/scripting a brand new program?
      When was there a time when you had a disagreement or confrontation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Protolabs (New York, NY).

Interview

They asked about my work experience and why I wanted to work for the company. Also ask about how much knowledge I have with cnc machines. Then offer me a job same day.

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Protolabs (Plymouth, MN) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with a recruiter that lasted around 15 minutes. 2nd interview was with a manager for a half an hour. Last was interview with four team members for 2 hours .

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Plain, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protolabs (Maple Plain, MN).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Had a phone interview which lead to an in person interview. Interviewed with 3-4 different people and took a typing test. Fairly standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to problem solve outside the box.   Answer Question

CAD Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protolabs.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed back in a quick manner. There was then an initial phone interview followed by a day of 3-5 in person interviews. Interviews consisted of basic behavior questions and a spacial recognition test. The process moves fairly quick, lasting about 2 weeks total. After in person interviews they got back to me within a week.

Mold Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Plain, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Protolabs (Maple Plain, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

All applicants must apply online, HR responds by phone. Initial phone interview is conducted by HR, vanilla questions about your experience, why you applied, basic weed-out questions. On site interview was 2 part with multiple 1-on-1 interview sessions (some positions do panel-style interviews), for this position, 2 interviews for the first on-site session, back 3 days later for a second session of 3 interviews. Each was 15-20 minutes long. Interview questions for the on-site focused on presenting a hypothetical & how you would handle it or how you handled X situation in previous experiences. Managers are very interested in your thought process, intelligence, and attitude rather than qualifications. Interviewers were friendly, but stern/serious, giving the impression that the culture was far more uptight than it actually is once you starting working. From application & interviews to offer letter was one week, background check took another week. Drug test is hair chromatography, not urinalysis, fair warning to any applicants.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult: one interviewer pointed at a stack of applications on their desk and bluntly asked why I should be hired over other applicants.

Most unexpected: If Darth Vader and Superman had a fight, who would win & why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No - for general employees, it is a take it or leave it attitude, raises come quickly for those who perform well.

Senior ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Protolabs (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Very extensive interview process, consisting of two four hour rounds of group interview sessions. Everyone was very friendly and considerate. The work environment was rather low energy and lacks the dynamic of an up and coming ecommerce practice.