Q1 Productions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Q1 Productions

2.5

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Q1 Productions (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I found the process to be indicative of the company's culture: straight forward and familial. Hiring decisions are made with care - I met with three different managers (increasing successively in seniority) throughout and had a thorough understanding of and was excited about my part in the company.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that I never got the 5-year plan question. They should have asked. I'll still be there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I know of some that have negotiated a higher base salary, but the result is loss of inclusion in valuable incentives. I took the package they offered and did quite well with it.

Sales Interview

Interview

The guy who interviewed me started to psycho-analyze me. I had the impression that I was talking to someone who found a pleace for his cookie-cutter, good soldier mediocrity and anyone with creativity, intelligence and skills irritated his ego. As he described the sales process he started to morph inot ALec Baldwin in Glen Garry Glenn Ross as he kept pointing to the number of average appointments and what he wants. He kept saying, "This is what we need". Ha! Um, ok dude...
    He interogated me over my past employment history and afterwards I thought, "Wow, for a 2 bit event scam marketing company he sure took himself seriously!" Seriously!

Interview Questions

• It was all unpleasant and the guy never smiled once. Wow, theres a place aiwant to come to work at every day!   Answer Question

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Q1 Productions (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

The first interview quick. The were weeding out qualities to see if I had the hard work, discipline and personality to really succeed in this position. The second interview was a little longer, but it was good because he went over a lot of information. Typically there are uncomfortable questions that don't always look good to ask, suck as pay and PTO, ect., and he went over all this so I didn't have to ask. Honestly, the went over a lot of information that was very valuable in order to succeed at Q1.

Interview Questions

• How are your past experiences transferable to this position?   1 Answer

Senior Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Q1 Productions (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Horrible. Extremely negative. She immediately dug into me about my past work experience. Worst phone interview I ever exeprienced. I would never work for this company even if they payed me a million dollars per year. I have never been so disrespected by a potential company, ever. Worst phone interview of my life.

Interview Questions

• She immediately got extremely negative with me on the first question. I ended the call.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Q1 Productions (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed first by phone then in person for a phone-based sales job selling attendance to seminars and conferences. I spent 90% of both interviews being sold the position by the interviewer... he asked very little an talked the entire time about how much money I would be making IF I did well... if I didn't do well, the base salary is not enough to live on. It was entirely bizarre and very off-putting.

Interview Questions

• Is this enough money for you?   1 Answer

The job itself just sounded horrible.

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Q1 Productions (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview at your own risk!!

Before having a face to face interview, they require you to complete a project. If taken seriously the project will take about 5-6 hours. It's not overly complicated, but it does require research, and gaining a solid grasp of the material at hand. The project entails writing a brief on a potential conference, creating a list of potential speakers, citing 5 different articles, and writing an invitation.

When I interviewed, I was asked to talk about my project and demonstrate how and why I came up with my ideas. After speaking for a couple minutes, I was told that my project was great, that it was very enjoyable to read, and that no one had come at it from the direction that I did. Regarding my invitation, I was told, "Wow, since we can't pay our speakers to entice them, this is the kind of invitation we're looking for."

The rest of the interview went well, and the interviewers were all fairly personable. I was consistently told that they really liked my experience. However, after the interview I found out that there was supposed to be a third interview, and they would contact me in about a week. This was going to be with the "higher ups".

It was here that everything went south. After a week and a half went by and no answer, I followed up and was told I would have to wait until after the weekend to find out. They were meeting on Monday to go over the applicants, and I would be contacted that day. I never heard back. I followed up a couple times, and never even received the courtesy of a reply. They shut me out completely.

There is a very good chance that they're using these projects to have free work done for the company. This is a tactic that many companies will use, and unfortunately Q1 looks like one of them. The red flag should have been that they asked me to complete the project after the initial phone screen, and not after the face to face interview. Considering the glowing remarks I received, I wouldn't be surprised if they're currently using my work for their own benefit.

One thing I noticed was that on the website Indeed.com, Q1 would continuously repost the producer job. The job description would consist of the same responsibilities and qualifications, but it would be listed under a different title. I saw this happen three times between March and April. This seems a little sketchy.

Apparently they are hiring, but ff you do the project, spend no more than one-two hours on it. From looking at other reviews, my guess is that they are looking more for line workers to fill this job. While everyone I met seemed nice, the work environment does look a bit unprofessional and run down.

Unfortunately for me they dragged the whole interview process along at a snails pace, which ended up taking well over a month. In the end they were very unprofessional, they wasted a good bit of my time, and now get to use my work for free.

Interview at your own risk!!

Interview Questions

• During the face to face interview, they ask the typical questions. There really are no curve balls; it was all fairly ordinary.   Answer Question

Q1 Productions Response

Apr 26, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We appreciate that this candidate took the time to provide a review of the hiring process at Q1 Productions for the Junior Conference Production position.

Our interview and hiring process takes

Conference Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Q1 Productions (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, it went very well. Not awkward at all. Asked about prior research. last 20 minutes. She was very nice, explained the position in depth. Talked about benefits and pay. Asked me to conduct research online as a writing sample. The interview ended up lasting about ten minutes over because it went very well.

Conference Content Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Q1 Productions.

Interview

Applied via email with resume/cover letter. Heard back the next day via phone. Super short phone call. HR said that this position requires 100+ cold calls a day. I explained that I have not had previous experience with cold calling, and that the position's description did not mention cold calling. The closest to "phones" in job description: "Conduct phone interviews to develop relevant and timely content." Mentioned that travel & content writing would be part of the position as well. So.... 100 phone calls a day + writing/research/traveling. I was aware that writing/research and travel would be involved. However, the company is not 100% transparent with the position's requirements - if it requires cold calling (100 calls a day) at least explicitly mention that in a bullet point in the job description.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in cold calling? Have you worked in market research?   Answer Question