QBE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QBE Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.6

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QBE.

Interview

It takes short period of time after applying for intern to get an reply. Interview experience dependson what interviewer you get. Most of them are routine questions, but there are a couple of them going to surprise interviewee.
    Overall ok experience.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QBE (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

HR team seemed to be a bit of a slow down in making the process move along. Also not very communicative especially when asking for feedback on the interviews. QBE interviewers and employees on the other hand were fantastic! Very dynamic

Interview Questions

• since the role was remote in nature, they asked how i would insure visibility   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QBE (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone screens and an onsite. Phone screens seemed a little confused, multiple people called me without knowing anybody else had called me. Overall, positive experience, despite a little bit of clear miscommunication.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QBE (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for the company via Linked In and sent information about the job to see if I was interested. When I was, I went ahead and applied and had a good phone interview with HR exploring my experience and interests in greater detail. A few weeks later I had an in person interview with the hiring manager which lasted over an hour and seemed to go well. It was very conversational, explained the role in greater detail and gave me an opportunity to share how my prior experience would serve them well. For three months I was getting positive feedback from HR indicating there was a delay but I was still a candidate and to standby for next steps. Finally, when I saw the role posted again I reached out to HR to ask if I was still a candidate and got no reply. So the initial experience was wonderful and then it just slowly died.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have across various lines of insurance?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QBE in April 2016.

Interview

First it started off with a brief over the phone screening and I heard back same day that they wanted to move forward with a formal interview. The HR department tried to schedule me a flight in from school but it didn't work out so the interviews were conducted over the phone. I spoke with multiple individuals on the FP&A team. Depending on their role the questions varied. They really wanted to know about skill level with Excel and Powerpoint.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QBE (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Came in and met with the VP of the department, asked some questions about my background and my experience. Went over the job and answered any questions I had. Very straight forward and was maybe 30 minutes long. Also had a phone interview afterwords with my direct manager who was out of the office, again generic questions about my background and just seeing if i was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Had to explain how and what kind of journal entries I created   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QBE (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked me to fill a questionnaire before the interview but nothing happened then. I asked them several times but no one replied. I guess they send the questionnaire to everyone who applied.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QBE (Irvine, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through the school career fair plus online. Talked to them about the conpany. They were very welcoming. Gave me a packet about their company. The process was fast. The interview was right next week.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QBE.

Interview

I've definitely got mixed feelings about this interview process. First of all, the people with whom I interviewed with were very cordial and amiable. I was interviewed by three people--all of whom were incredibly professional. The process took over two hours--we discussed the work environment, what was expected of me, the corporate culture. All went well. I went home and sent off my thank-you notes--making sure to personalize each one. Trust me, I have absolutely no expectations when it comes to being hired because let's face it--you can have great skills, but it comes down to two things. Chemistry or who you may know. So I'm pretty-much ok if I don't get the job--it's important to just roll with the flow.
    What I'm NOT ok with is no response. I had the interview over three weeks ago. I was told that the spot needed to be filled ASAP. So--why couldn't the Hiring manager not get back to me to let me know I wasn't hired? There is this little thing called "common courtesy". Obviously the HR department hasn't been well-versed in common courtesy.
    Thusly, I have no opinion on this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a bit about yourself? What can you bring to our company? Do you have any regrets? What do you like to do? How have you handled a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QBE.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, The first was with the recruiter who was assigned to me, we reviewed a few questions and prepared for the actual interview. I was interviewed by the supervisor from the actual company, it went great. within 2 days i had an answer. I went to the orientation which they explained the process of the contract. The process was great! my recruiter helped me step by step.

Interview Questions

• experience, knowledge, problem solving techniques etc.   Answer Question