Quantcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quantcast Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.2

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

The phone interview I had with the recruiter was a bit strange. It seemed like she was not listening to me, in fact, in seemed that she did not review my resume before talking with me.

At least I received a rejection email versus never hearing back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First is the online coding. Then there are 2 rounds phone interview and last I went to San Francisco to attend onsite interview. There are 2 rounds of technical interview, 2 rounds asking about past projects.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a Recruiter in San Francisco about a month later. We scheduled a quick phone screening. She was very nice and professional - although, they ended up saying they only wanted the hire individuals with experience in the ad tech space. Not sure why she scheduled interviews with candidates who don't have a background in this space if they're not willing to give them a chance. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

The first step in the process is a 3+ hour technical challenge. I personally don't like these challenges because they are timely and usually in the end, they don't give any feedback. I think it's just a way to weed out people. I rather do a short phone interview then an onsite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (New York, NY).

Interview

applied for a position then waited for 2 weeks. Got connected from a recruiter. The recruiter was so kind and helpful. had one phone interview then on-site interview two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions is various from what was the most interesting project to some coding challenges   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quantcast (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Summary - I was targeted and courted by their recruiting team. I was rejected because I don't have the "background/experience they are looking for". I wouldn't recommend this company to my friends because of my interview experience there.

The initial recruiting process was pretty well thought-out: I was invited to a big event with dozens of people. A while later, without me following up, I was asked to attend a smaller event with fewer prospects. The recruiters are nice, efficient and professional. I have nothing but admiration for them.

After the second event, there wasn't a phone screen, just an invitation to onsite. On that day, I thought everything went really well until I was interviewed by a manager in their SF office.

I was given an "open question" where there is no "bad answers". It turns out that was a large project that the manager worked on in a previous job. And it was anything but "open": every assumption, alternative I put on the table was quickly dismissed. Among the few left standing, one was meant for me to prove it wrong myself.

I have been given those types of questions before but never felt so entrapped. I don't think the interviewer meant it. Nonetheless, I'd say, if you don't want to work with someone, day in and day out, who has superiority complex, do not accept their invitation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn to schedule a phone interview. Phone Interview was with a new employee who joined 1 month back. Later I was invited onsite and had 6 rounds. First round was Engineering Manager , who decided to go on a vacation. The next 4 rounds were pretty decent with standard startup style questions and 1 lunch interview where the dude was expressing his sadness working there for 4 long years.

Modeling and Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

First is the coding test about the spreadsheet. It takes about 3-5 hous. Java is prefered. Also you can use python.
    Second interview is by phone. Will ask your resume project and also some stat/coding problem. You can practice those in the Leetcode.

Interview Questions

• Why you choose to be data scientist?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quantcast (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed and set up an informal chat. Had an informational phone call with an engineer about the work they are doing, workflow, technologies etc.

Set up phone interview for an hour on collabedit.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about current work.
      1. Reverse words in a string. "This is a girl" becomes "girl a is This".
      2. Calculate nth Fibonacci number. Optimize it.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast in November 2016.

Interview

Hackerrank challenge then a behavioral phone interview, and a technical phone interview. Overall, I received timely feedback after each step, and had no complaints in that regard. The technical phone involved no coderpad. My interviewer just asked me questions about projects and then two problems that I had to do runtime analysis for and talk through the algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted list that has two of each integer except one, find the one integer that does not occur in the list twice   Answer Question