Quantcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quantcast Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2018

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They gave me a coding challenge and it is about some word search stuff. And I passed it and then it is the phone call. He firstly introduced the company and then raised two algorithm question. The first is Min Stack and the second is giving you a function and asked you to write another function using this function.
    I did not do well so I was rejected next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR is very good, their response is very fast. From booking flight to booking hotel, they can arrange these stuff in a very good manner.

Interview Questions

• Ask a lot about big data platform knowledge, due to lack of the knowledge of these fields, my answer is not good.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

Over the phone interview with basic statistics questions, e.g. Bayes' Law, expectation, variance. Then had a coding test that was really tough (for me, who isn't a CS major).

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The whole interview process went very smoothly. I was referred by a friend already at the company. After the phone interview, I had a coding challenge, which I think is a cool (and more realistic) aspect of the Quantcast interview process that other companies don't have. After a successful coding challenge, I scheduled my on-site interview. The recruiters were very responsive, and worked around my hectic college schedule. At one point, there was a miscommunication and a recruiter schedules a flight a day early. After e-mailing her, she quickly rescheduled without any problems. They also put me up in a sweet hotel, which I managed to check into early before my interviews (to catch a quick nap)
    The actual interviews were challenging, but all very fair. The interviewers were friendly, and definitely provided me with a good impression of Quantcast. A few days after my on-site, my recruiter called me, and said he would extend the offer, after a background check and an easy negotiation period, I was extended an offer!

Negotiation

The offer was very good, so there wasn't much need to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Tech phone call - Regular questions regarding algorithms, systems

Interview Questions

• Exponential time complexity, Signals etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

This was an initial phone screen to discuss what Quantcast was all about and what my personal interests were. There were some basic conceptual questions and questions about my previous work experience. They were going to setup a follow-up technical phone screen with me but later emailed me with one of those auto-generated emails saying that after considering other candidates, they didn't think I was suitable for the position they were trying to fill. A little shocking to me since they hadn't even gone through the technical phone screen with me, and they were the ones who contacted me via LinkedIn after seeing my resume. Strange.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Pretty good experience. But I thought the coding question was too tough for the kind of company and the kind of work they do. They are not the only ones doing that work and moreover their technologies are not specialized too. Half way through I thought it was not worth it, so I submitted the incomplete question (too bad on my lazy bum part)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter within 3 days after applying online, asking me for a first phone call. This call was mostly to present me the position, and also included some questions about my background. It didn't really feel like I was being evaluated. I had to complete some homework (write a simple command line program that performs some calculations on its input). This homework took me about 2 hours of work. After reviewing my solution I was invited for an on site interview.

There was 3 interviews, one with an employee from another team, one with an employee of the team I was applying for, and one with a technical lead of that team. All interviews were classical 1:1 technical interviews:

- Talk about my background
    - Some general questions covering topics like systems and network programming, CLI use, and other software general knowledge.
    - Coding exercise
    - Open questions and presentation of their jobs

The most challenging part was the coding exercise. Focus was on simple algorithmics on arrays and trees. In one of the interview, the language was suggested (C).

One of the coding tests was on a variation of binary search which I couldn't get right in at least 40 minutes of interview, despite interviewer trying to help me. This probably cost me the job, together with not fitting exactly in the profile they were looking for.

There was no behavioral question, although I feel like

After about one week I received a thank you e-mail stating that I was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between threads and process?
      What are advantages and disadvantages of each?   Answer Question
    • Variations on binary search   2 Answers
    • Level-order tree traversal   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

1) HR reached out discussing interests and potential team matches.
    2) Coding test which was time bound but could be solved anytime which was suitable to me.
    3) Onsite (4 tech + 1 HR interview). Had lunch with two employees, one of them was an alumni from my univ.
    They decided very quickly within 1 working day.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. They gave particular interest on my Machine Learning knowledge which was different than other standard tech interviews.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a base offer which I requested them to reconsider. They got back the next day with a one which matched my expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Online coding, many people has mentioned it on the site; Phone Screen; 4 session Onsite. From online coding to onsite takes two months. Super slow process, recruiter not responsive enough;

Very negative experience.

Interview Questions

• online coding, spreadsheet problem, use topological sort; Onsite: data structure and algorithm. System design.   1 Answer