Quantcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Quantcast

3.2

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quantcast (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Received a coding challenge in two days. 48 hours are given to solve the problem. The engineer will grade your code and decide if you get a second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through college or university and was sent an invitation to complete a HackerRank challenge. I was given a timeframe of about a week to complete it and the challenge was supposed to take 4+ hours, which was an accurate time estimate. I completed, submitted it and was notified a few days after the deadline about the status of my application.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast in October 2017.

Interview

applied in campus career fair, and got contacted in a few weeks. First did an online assessment, then 2 phone interviews. But I withdrew my application afterwards, since I got other offers. The interviewer is so nice and allowed me to check documentation online.

Interview Questions

• basic data structure and algorithm questions. And since I have some experience in Front End, so I was also asked to write a simple component using React   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quantcast (Berkeley, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Tough coding challenge. They asked pretty challenging Leetcode questions. Strong understanding of dynamic programming and algorithms is a must in addition to a good understanding of data structures. Waiting to see my result on the coding challenge but doubt i will move ahead.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast in October 2017.

Interview

One coding challenge was given, which is supposed to be 3-4 hours in one sitting, but it should take an average programmer at least 10 hours to finish. It feels like throwing you a big class assignment to help them write the codes that their engineers do not want to do at work.

Two rounds of the phone interviews with the Engineering team. Coding questions are very relative to the real work done at Quantcast. I got positive feedback from those interviews and was expected to move me forward on the onsite interviews, but the recruiter requested another round of interview asking me probability and machine learning modeling question. I had interviewed with many companies, and this is the first one asking me how to calculate the probability of flipping coins. Yes, I did take my probability class, but getting those question on a software engineer technical interview is out of my imagination. Then I got an email after the weird modeling interview and said they decided to move forward with other candidates. I do not know whether the other candidates have been through this process, but it just happened to me. I highly recommend the people who are about to apply to Quantcast actively communicate with your recruiter on the hiring process, the expectation of the position you are applying to, and the content of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Quantcast in September 2016.

Interview

It was a telephonic 1 hour interview with collab edit used to share code. the question was straightforward implementation of Least frequently used cache. it was a good experience as the interviewer wanted to know the thi nking process and helped build up the algorithm from scratch, giving lot of guidance and hints along the way.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quantcast in February 2016.

Interview

Introductory call was nice but the technical phone screen was nonsense. As soon as the interviewer said "Hello", it became clear to me that he wasn't really interested in doing the interview and was simply going through the motions. I don't really know what he had against me - maybe he felt threatened by my credentials? My accent?Who knows.

Anyways, after introductions he started chewing food loudly into the phone as I was answering the questions, which was rude and unprofessional. I lost my enthusiasm because I absolutely did not want to work with such a person. I wanted to end the call there but decided to complete the interview just for practice.

His questions were vague and he was basically looking for excuses to fail me. The guy obviously has issues but he is not going to tell his co-workers what his issues are. Instead, he will continue to quietly sabotage candidates he won't like, wasting everyones time. I'm glad that I am not going to work for a company that has people like him in senior positions. It means that theres all kinds of politics going on in there. Those positive employee reviews here now look fake to me.

To sum up, don't waste ur time with them. You can use them for practice but I wouldn't waste a full day on an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were intentionally vague but they included the questions mentioned by the other reviewers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I partitipated in the coding challenge, and then invited to the onsite interview. BUT it has been more than six months and they still haven't reimbursed me for the travel expense. This is really annoying. And I have seen many such complaints (they do NOT reimburse the candidates) from other websites.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

Solved short coding challenge at Quantcast table at university career fair, and then a take-home challenge about a week later. It took about 4 hours to complete, as predicted. Received a copy-and-paste rejection email about a week after that.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

generic online coding assessment followed by technical phone interview. The assessment was a problem about searching for words in a graph like structure. The phone interview was a question about finding the k largest numbers in an array.

Interview Questions

• write code to find the largest k numbers in an array   2 Answers