Quantcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quantcast Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

I talked with recruiting at a major conference. I was then sent homework to complete in one sitting on my own time, which took about three hours. Following that, I had a phone interview with a university recruiter. Shortly thereafter, I did a technical interview and coding assignment with a member of their engineering team. My nerves got the best of me and I failed to adequately communicate my coding process, but both the engineering interviewer and the university recruiter were understanding and encouraged me to apply again later on.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a spreadsheet capable of resolving functions written in reverse polish notation and cell references?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Day 1: I had applied online for the role earlier in the week and recruiter reached out to schedule a quick chat
    Day 4: Initial phone screen with the recruiter to discuss the role. Why Quantcast and how would my experience be a good fit?
    Day 8: Second phone screen with the hiring manager to dive deeper into the day to day aspects of this role. Demonstrate the basic understanding of the product, the ad tech space and terminology.
    Day 10: Remote interview with a team member who was to be OOO on the day of my onsite. Focus was on handling difficult situations with external clients and internal teams.
    Day 11 Onsite interview with 3 people including the hiring manager and lunch with 2 additional team members. Very casual atmosphere, no technical questions since I was already familiar with the industry, small talk on the technological advancements in the space, and the team heavily focused on the culture that Quantcast could offer.
    Day 16 I received the verbal offer from the recruiter. This timeline may not be realistic for other candidates since Quantcast went out of their way to rush the interview process for me due to having a competing offer. In the end I went with the competing offer, however the recruiter was very transparent, prompt and professional throughout this entire process and I had a great candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle internal communication when there is a disagreement between company policies and their ask?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

My experience was very bad in this company. I cleared the recruiter, phone screen (manager) and then an onsite of about 5 rounds. Easy algorithm questions, and some questions on the project I worked on. The manager was friendly and also some of the other interviewers. I had a lunch with 2 workers who seemed ok too. After all these, the recruiter calls me next day to take a some sort of puzzle hands on coding exercise!! Weird. They basically wasted my PTO for nothing. Advise to Quantcast - Please keep these take home exercise before the onsite, so candidates do not waste their time half-day in onsite. I declined the coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go into the details of your current or past work   1 Answer

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

If you want apply here, be prepared to be lost in the recruiter's inbox and ignored. I applied online, and got a pretty terse e-mail response from a recruiter with proposed times for a technical phone screen. It's pretty standard procedure to have a chat with the recruiter before this step, but apparently not with Quantcast. This was just a sign of things to come... The recruiter agreed to this call only after I asked, and suggested a time for the call. I confirmed this time with him.

That scheduled time came and went, and I heard nothing. After I pinged the recruiter again, he called me and apologized, saying he was out of the office for a few days, and had lost my e-mail in his inbox. This is despite the fact that HE had suggested the date and time.

After the chat finally happened, we scheduled the technical phone screen. It went OK, but after hearing nothing for another week, I e-mailed the recruiter again. This time, he said he thought he had sent me an e-mail, but didn't... right, OK...

They decided not to go forward (obviously), but suggested that I could apply to a different position and try again... after this experience, I decided that it would be a waste of time and energy. The whole experience felt very disorganized and amateur.

Interview Questions

• Javascript/DOM manipulation question. Write simple code to render 100 divs with certain attributes to a webpage   Answer Question
    • CSS3 questions, including flex styles, box model, etc.   Answer Question
    • Javascript scoping question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quantcast (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

First of all I want to mention that Quantcast has the one of the best recruiters and my experience with 2 of them has been nothing but awesome! They help the candidates a lot with a lot of good feedback and tips.

Recruiter first contacted me via LinkedIn, setup a phone screen which went well. One coding question was based on arrays and sorting. Another question was based on permutations and recursion. Then they called me onsite a week later. The onsite interview was one of the tougher ones. 3 coding interviews and 1 system design. 3/4 onsite interviews also had behavioral questions. Signed an NDA so cannot say the questions, but it was much more than just data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• NDA: Phone Screen had regular data structure and algorithm questions, but onsite was much more difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quantcast in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and Quantcast got back to me within 2-3 days. I interviewed with Quantcast in late-April 2017.

The first step was an interview with the recruiter over phone. The recruiter was very nice and polite, but seemed a bit distracted when we spoke (there was clear background noise for the first 3-5 minutes of the call).

At the end of the interview, I was told I would be moving onto the next step, which would be to speak with the hiring manager for the role. I was scheduled to speak with the hiring manager on Monday, but the interview was canceled last-minute Thursday evening, as the hiring manager's schedule was no longer free on Monday (verbatim from the email).

I received neither any further followup (even when I tried to reach out again) nor any type of rejection. Judging from other Glassdoor reviews, Quantcast seems to have a problem with ghosting their candidates, which is incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience working at so-and-so company.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

The phone interview I had with the recruiter was a bit strange. It seemed like she was not listening to me, in fact, in seemed that she did not review my resume before talking with me.

At least I received a rejection email versus never hearing back.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quantcast (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Was divided into 3 parts.
    1. Tell about your experience, a project you are proud of, Tell stuff you learned in the past 1 year
    2. Coding question
    3. Any questions about quantcast

Interview Questions

• Given alphanumeric zip codes, and a (start, end) zip codes - list out all the zip codes that fall in the range (start, end). Assume zip codes are of fixed length. Ex: AB123Z,... start = AB123C, end = AC999B   2 Answers

Data Warehouse Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This position has been posted since several months. I was intervied by thier lead of data warehouse.
    - One coding question :ip validator
    - 2 SQLs
    Most of them were quite simple/moderate complexity. I could answer all of them.

I recieved rejection email. I wonder what goes on inside the interviewer's mind.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First is the online coding. Then there are 2 rounds phone interview and last I went to San Francisco to attend onsite interview. There are 2 rounds of technical interview, 2 rounds asking about past projects.