Quantcast Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Quantcast Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

3.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast in November 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter, followed by a 30 minute phone discussion with the hiring manager. After, was invited to meet a team of 5, provide a short presentation. The team answered my questions & concerns thoroughly, provided context & guidance regarding the role, Great experience overall!

Interview Questions

• Describe your passion for this industry, specifically why do you believe in Quantcast?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quantcast (Boston, MA).

Interview

First Round HackerRank Question. There was a hackerround question to solve a problem for which they gave 48 hours to solve the problem.Query By Example - develop a memory based storage to store , search and delete a multiple json

Interview Questions

• Query By Example - develop a memory based storage to store , search and delete a multiple json   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through college or university and was sent an invitation to complete a HackerRank challenge. I was given a timeframe of about a week to complete it and the challenge was supposed to take 4+ hours, which was an accurate time estimate. I completed, submitted it and was notified a few days after the deadline about the status of my application.

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast in October 2017.

Interview

I met an engineer at a campus career fair. They reached out within the week with a hackerrank coding question, the json datastore another review mentions. After about a week and a half I got a follow up with with a recruiter, then a phone interview with a software engineer and then another with a hiring manager about a week later.

Interview Questions

• A question related to storing, adding and retrieving json documents in a datastore.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quantcast (Berkeley, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Tough coding challenge. They asked pretty challenging Leetcode questions. Strong understanding of dynamic programming and algorithms is a must in addition to a good understanding of data structures. Waiting to see my result on the coding challenge but doubt i will move ahead.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast in October 2017.

Interview

One coding challenge was given, which is supposed to be 3-4 hours in one sitting, but it should take an average programmer at least 10 hours to finish. It feels like throwing you a big class assignment to help them write the codes that their engineers do not want to do at work.

Two rounds of the phone interviews with the Engineering team. Coding questions are very relative to the real work done at Quantcast. I got positive feedback from those interviews and was expected to move me forward on the onsite interviews, but the recruiter requested another round of interview asking me probability and machine learning modeling question. I had interviewed with many companies, and this is the first one asking me how to calculate the probability of flipping coins. Yes, I did take my probability class, but getting those question on a software engineer technical interview is out of my imagination. Then I got an email after the weird modeling interview and said they decided to move forward with other candidates. I do not know whether the other candidates have been through this process, but it just happened to me. I highly recommend the people who are about to apply to Quantcast actively communicate with your recruiter on the hiring process, the expectation of the position you are applying to, and the content of the interview.

Application

Interview

applied in campus career fair, and got contacted in a few weeks. First did an online assessment, then 2 phone interviews. But I withdrew my application afterwards, since I got other offers. The interviewer is so nice and allowed me to check documentation online.

Interview Questions

• basic data structure and algorithm questions. And since I have some experience in Front End, so I was also asked to write a simple component using React   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quantcast.

Interview

I talked with recruiting at a major conference. I was then sent homework to complete in one sitting on my own time, which took about three hours. Following that, I had a phone interview with a university recruiter. Shortly thereafter, I did a technical interview and coding assignment with a member of their engineering team. My nerves got the best of me and I failed to adequately communicate my coding process, but both the engineering interviewer and the university recruiter were understanding and encouraged me to apply again later on.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a spreadsheet capable of resolving functions written in reverse polish notation and cell references?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quantcast (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Received a coding challenge in two days. 48 hours are given to solve the problem. The engineer will grade your code and decide if you get a second round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

My experience was very bad in this company. I cleared the recruiter, phone screen (manager) and then an onsite of about 5 rounds. Easy algorithm questions, and some questions on the project I worked on. The manager was friendly and also some of the other interviewers. I had a lunch with 2 workers who seemed ok too. After all these, the recruiter calls me next day to take a some sort of puzzle hands on coding exercise!! Weird. They basically wasted my PTO for nothing. Advise to Quantcast - Please keep these take home exercise before the onsite, so candidates do not waste their time half-day in onsite. I declined the coding exercise.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to go into the details of your current or past work   1 Answer