Quantcast Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2020

3.5
Quantcast CEO and Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman
Pros
  • "The usual tech company pros - Free Food, Health Insurance etc(in 32 reviews)

• "Smart people and a great base product(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "This is not something I blame on the middle management directing our business but instead goes right to the top of management(in 15 reviews)

• "Growing pains resulting in numerous re-orgs of customer teams(in 12 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Chief Legal Officer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A fantastic place to work and grow, with an excellent balance of support and challenge.

Cons

Adtech as an industry has had its ups and downs.

Continue reading

"Sinking ship full of nepotism"

2.0

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool tech, solving challenging problems. Perks and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Nepotism is rampant. Engineers come first and leadership tends not to care about the rest. Product people are valued, but everyone else is a third class citizen. I also witnessed nepotism in other departments as well; even Customer Success, Sales, and HR played major favorites. There is a TON of lip service and hypocrisy from leadership. CEO, Konrad, is smart, but is pretty far out of touch from his employees. Peter Day is a good CTO, but again, doesn't really appreciate even the most dedicated non-Engineers/Product people. I witnessed 3 rounds of layoffs during my time at Quantcast. Talented people (many of whom happened to be people from under-represented groups), with important skill sets and large contributions to the business were laid off, with complete disregard to the value they brought to the company - as long as they weren't Engineers, they were disposable. It doesn't feel like an environment where challenging the status quo is welcomed - regardless of what they try to convey.

"Not What It Used To Be"

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company had solid foundation and great employees

Cons

Most talented employees have left or gotten laid off. ELT has made extremely poor decisions on company direction for 5+ years.

4. "Great mid-size adtech company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

proprietary offering with a product that actually works working alongside brilliant people collaborative environment

Cons

heavy middle management lack of streamlined communication across markets

"Short Term Job"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people in certain aspects of the company - free food. Two stars for culture only because the reps I've met here are amazing.

Cons

Quantcast has been on a continual decline as other competitors continue to innovate (validated through Google trends). Their business model is extremely behind the times, price gouging clients for a “managed service”, and selling customers unnecessary packages stating that prospecting will find “net-new clients.” Outside of them being a revolving door for top tier sales talent, validated through the average tenure of account executives on LinkedIn, they continuously raise quota expectations quarter over quarter. Do you like working harder for the same amount (or less) money quarter over quarter? If so, this is the job for you. Additionally, their sales process is screwed. Since the industry is in consolidation, the majority of accounts that are of value are in either in existing AE’s names or have an approved agency of record that you as a new AE can’t touch. This significantly hinders your ability to create “net-new” conversations, that by the way factor into your quota. Also, if you're struggling to schedule pitches you’ll have your back seat “sales” managers waffle between two levers. Do more outbound (total volume), or be more tailored in your outreach. If overall outreach numbers decrease, which they track and hound through SFDC, they’ll inquire why. If you’re doing a bunch of activity, but not setting meetings, the inverse will apply, and they’ll scold you for lack of tailored outreach – overall a lose-lose. There are only a few managers I’ve seen that care for their employees and don’t “back-seat” sell are and the internal director only cares about topline revenue, not solid sales practices (never run an incrementality test here), misleading AE’s on promotions, and burning bridges with past long term employees. All in all – take this job for an external promotion from an SMB rep or SDR, and for the first quarter’s guaranteed quota. Negotiate your salary, they pay 75-85k, don’t offer 401k match and offer diluted useless equity for a company that will never IPO. Look to leave after a year, year and a half - at that point they will have hiked your quota so high anyway, that you’ll be making less money than you were when you started.

Continue reading

"Great People, Unstable Mission"

4.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Quantcast full-time

Pros

People and challenges were great and everyone was supportive of personal growth

Cons

Numerous reorgs and instability in company future

7. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and great work life balance.

Cons

Too many restructures made me scared I'd have a job.

"Do not work here"

2.0

I worked at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

All the benefits you can expect from a Bay Area tech company. New offices. Formalized promotion and career development tracks. Cool benefits.

Cons

Quantcast product is a day late and a dollar short. A managed service DSP pivoting to a self-service DSP is behind the industry. Leading self-service DSPs like The Trade Desk, DV360, and others have taken significant marketshare and frankly, it's too late. We were probably the best in direct response, but that "super power" is quickly eroding with the shutdown of cookie-based targeting in Chrome 2 years from now. No one wants to acknowledge that internally which is mind-blowing. The talent of Quantcast is on a noticeable decline. We no longer can recruit and retain the best talent. Most of the best talent has left or is in the process of leaving. Big-ego legacy employees are left who are consistently underachieving and resting on their laurels, letting their "reputations" do the talking. Someone should tell these people that just because you've been here for 4-5 years, doesn't mean you're special. The SF sales floor is a bunch of bros (diversity and inclusion?) who should be told that being promoted to a manager role doesn't mean anything when you're hemorraghing talent left and right. You're the just ones left on the Titanic while the ship is taking on water. Politics, politics, politics. Countless leaders on the sales and AM side have been booted, some for good reasons. Others were killed for poor reasons or ELT settling vendettas. When you see good leaders punted because they took a stand for what was right, it shows you how dysfunctional the company is. If you're a current leader in the commercial org, watch out. It can and statistically is probably going to happen you. Look up the number of commercial regimes since 2016. The average lifetime is 1-1.5 years? That's not adapting for the better. That's a revolving door propped open by unreal expectations and outdated products.

Continue reading

"Ready to take off again"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company Outlook: Quantcast enjoyed tremendous growth before 2016 but the growth plateaued in the last three years, much of it could be attributed to the changing digital ad tech landscape and the increasing lack of product-market fit. However, there is convincing evidence that our new suite of products is heading for a promising direction and we have a clear mission and a clear strategy to execute that mission. The entire product and engineering orgs have been working hard in 2019 and we are starting to see some results: our customers love our new beta product. 2020 will be an exciting time for Quantcast. Personal Growth & Impact: We have a fairly small engineering team for the size of the problem Quantcast is trying to solve. As an engineer, you will certainly have a large impact on the product and the company. Your peers also tend to be really smart and collaborative. Benefits: Pay is quite competitive for engineering, especially after the pay bump in early 2019. Standard bay-area tech company snacks and catered lunch. Dinner reimbursement if work past 7. Pool table, ping-pong, arcade, game room, office yoga/meditation/subsidized massage. Really nice rooftop. Good work-life balance.

Cons

For any company that wants to shift product directions, there is likely pain during the transition. Much of the pain was felt in 2018 and 2019 as evident in other reviews. There is also the common risk of working in a pre-IPO private company: your stock options can worth millions if Quantcast can beat out competitions like TTD, or nothing if it fails to execute its mission.

Continue reading

"Great but not diverse enough"

Former Employee - Communications

I worked at Quantcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Gained a lot of growth and experience

Cons

- If you're not in the right field for this company in my experience you'll definitely feel it when it comes to work

Found 338 reviews