Quantcast Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Quantcast CEO and Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Catered lunch and dinner everyday" (in 29 reviews)

• "Work life balance is pretty great" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Another strong criticism is that there is no 401k matching at all" (in 15 reviews)

• "Deteriorating quality of middle management" (in 13 reviews)

"Startup with an Exciting Future"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quantcast has awesome perks. Catered lunches and snacks, great happy hours, and culturally oriented events define a dynamic and fun culture. My colleagues are one of the more educated groups I've seen in the industry. I work with Ph.D. and Masters graduates from top tier universities. Even better, instead of relegating these folks to a research role, Quantcast leverages them to be part of releasing production software.

The newly devised business strategy is compelling. With the recent change to leadership, in addition to getting back to our technical roots, we are making consumer-facing software endeavors that could remake the way publishers and marketers monetize their content on the internet.

Quantcast is a place for gifted computer scientists to make a significant impact on exciting products. It's also a place where building software that non-technical end-users use. In short, it's a place where individuals can leverage their strengths to enhance a developing product suite.

Cons

As with any company that's growing and building new products, there can be substantial uncertainty. Taking risks can be uncomfortable for some people.

Advice to Management

Keep playing people to their strengths and get us past some of the negativity that we've been experiencing. The future is looking amazingly promising.

"Very Impressed"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’m very impressed with Quantcast, especially progress made the past 18 months. Here’s why:

Quantcast has made significant strides across diversity and inclusion. They take this very seriously and I’m hopeful they continue on this course.

The leadership team has taken thoughtful steps to addressing transparency and accountability. They address hard questions and they are all accessible and will stop and work through any problem with you.

Career development here is a real thing. I’ve seen many people grow to take consequential leadership positions at the company and we consistently receive the support we need to continue developing as professionals and leaders.

The product has improved and that team is listening to market feedback and quickly developing products that are going to bring real value to the industry. Exciting things ahead.

Cons

The company and employees are excited about where we are today. We need to reinforce our position and historically we haven’t done a great job at that. Our time to do that is now.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on culture and balancing how hard our job is with celebrating achievements across the business, grand or small.

"Shrinking quickly"

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Catered lunches are nice and your peers are generally good to work with.

Cons

The bottom line is that the company isn't growing and the only reason there are so many job postings is because attrition accelerated in the second half of 2018 and the company is struggling to hire because it can't give competitive offers because the value of Quantcast's equity is dubious at best and lacks any realistic path to liquidity. Beyond that it should be particularly alarming to people that a number of people quit without having their next job lined up.

If you want more details I'd strongly encourage you to check out the Quantcast related posts on Blind.

Advice to Management

You have people who are in over their heads in key C-level positions which is driving your attrition. Get rid of those jokers before it's too late.

"Terrible"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Good food and location in SF

Cons

Terrible working environment and backstabbing

"Not an employee friendly CEO"

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good food, fantastic talent, and interesting problems to solve

Cons

I feel, I kind of wasted my precious years of life working for this company. It's not about work and people, but it's about compensation.

To be honest, I feel Konrad is not helping company, and he is being selfish here to retain his control on the company. Ad-tech is a hard industry to be in, and timing the exit matters a lot, and I feel Quantcast lost his chance here. So if you are here to make money via equity, it's waste of time. You can go to more lucrative places than this one., as CEO is definitely not showing any path for the exit.

Advice to Management

Please think about exit for the company, lots of people are waiting for a really really long time...and frustration is going up :(

"Business Development"

I worked at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Fair compensation, flexibility and great work life balance.

Cons

Product is out of date and will never catch up to where the market is due to ELT butting heads constantly around the vision of the company. Upper management does not respect employees and are delusional on the potential of this company.

Advice to Management

Be real on the potential of this company. This is an outdated display offering and will never grow when the vision of the company changes every month.

"Growing Quick"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers -- everyone is nice and wants to help each other
    Lunch AND Dinner every day (I really only stay for the lunch, but I know the teams who arrive late/stay late enjoy it
    Evolving Product
    Upper Exec staying very transparent (good at taking feedback and make sure they address issues employees have)
    Huge office
    No micromanagement
    Big emphasis on career development (a lot of promotions happen internally)

Cons

No matching 401k
    No unlimited PTO

Advice to Management

keep staying transparent to the company, it shows that you are paying attention

"Culture and Growth"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great company and work culture (putting customers and employees first)
    - Fun workplace and team events!
    - Lunch + Dinner provided
    - Encourages and emphasizes on career development!

Cons

- Depending on the team, work may require longer hours.

"Engineers that like each other and have massive challenges to solve"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Have heard this inside and outside of Quantcast that the bar is high and really really smart engineers are working alongside each other.
    - The impact, scope of problems and type of challenges you get exposed to are pretty unparalleled across the industry. You work on the same category of problems the top 1% at Google work on.
    - You have a lot of freedom to work on the problems you like, and engineering managers are asked to not assign people to projects they dislike, or won't make them grow
    - Quantcast invests in engineer's growth. The management culture here is such that projects and services push people out of their comfort zone so they can learn. Company compensates for workshops, seminars and training material
    - Work life balance is pretty great. Working from home is pretty common, and there's never pressure towards working over time.
    - Steady revenue; company has been profitable without raising capital since forever
    - Quantcast is an ethical ad-tech company. We don't do the bad stuff the big names do.

Cons

- Compensation doesn't compete with the companies stealing talent from us (Google, Facebook, Uber, etc.)
    - For a while engineering quality was de-prioritized in favor of business outcome. This led to building unmaintainable crappy services. With the new CTO this culture is changing.
    - Frequent re-orgs in Sales and Account Management has led to a lot of unhappiness there.

Advice to Management

Focus on our roots; the engineering driven culture that made massive disruptions in ad-tech.
    Fix compensation; companies are stealing talent from you.
    Sales need proper senior leadership. Hopefully the new COO and CRO will fix it.

"Changing for the better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company that embraces change, non hierarchical, cares about its employees, positions itself around the customers it wants to solve for, at a turning point right. now. New leadership is strong and working well together.

Cons

Has large-company tendencies that prolong decision making which can be frustrating. Something that the company is trying to breakdown though.

Advice to Management

Celebrate the wins a bit more.